• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

22 XLT vs PRO

bryan995

First Name
FranƧois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Not to be rude, but neither actually came true.

I also was a Wave 2 and waited for a MY23 Pro, and placed an order. I'm so glad I waited

The extended Tax Credit not only still applies, but its now a Point of Sale instant rebate. (I also happen to be lucky as my State, Oregon, has $7,500 off at point of sale...so I get $15,000 off at point of sale).

While they did in fact raise the MSRP, Ford notified me twice during the order process that they would be honoring the MY22 Pro MSRP price because i extended my reservation. My dealer confirmed it would be an instant rebate at time of sale in the tune of $6k-$8k.

So while the MSRP may appear high, I actually get between $21k and $23k off at the time of sale. Depending on my configuration the truck is sub-$29k out the door.

I have the time, and patience...not everyone does. Cost was a very important deciding factor for my family.
Nothing has been signed yet. :) but agree itā€™s close. Another factor was the risk of the new income limits. I am wholly disqualified if the new limit is set at >$300k.

For me buying the 22ā€™ XLT SR was the better move to then qualify for the current 22ā€™ tax credit.

24k off MSRP for you is solid. Youā€™ll basically be +30-40k the day the you take delivery.

Glad it worked out! Only folks in MA, Oregon and maybe 1 or 2 other states can do that !
Sponsored

Last edited:

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
Easy answer - it fit my budget and I was in Wave 2, XLT was the cheapest option.

We didnā€™t get the truck to be our primary vehicle. We are an EV only family and wanted a cheap EV truck to haul things for the business. The budget was $50k and the XLT still came close to that with the Tax credit. There was no incentive for the me to wait a year or even 2 years for the next available Pro.

I didnā€™t think the tax credit would change this drastically for next year when I ordered but we would have been fully disqualified due to income caps.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
My original desired trim was XLT SR more for the cloth seats (hot in So Cal), power pedals for the wife, and some safety features.

Wave 6 order invited and XLT was sold out.
Didn't want to wait a year as the old/current 200K tax credit was looming and my state rebates were getting smaller.
Ordered and picked up the Lariat SR.

Looking back now, I could have waited for the '23 XLT as the new tax credit will still be good but who knows about the state rebates.

Then again, who knew my current Ice Blue Silver Metallic was going to be discontinued along with Atlas Blue and Smoked Quartz for 2023! o_O

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Yea...but you just got lucky with the tax credit and you had no idea when pushing your order if they would honor the 2022 price.
I completely got lucky, but as I said I had the time and patience and didn't want to waste my money due to FOMO.

Not everyone had my time, patience, or financial stubbornness.
Sponsored