• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

5/20/21 reservation made with deposit....haven't heard a damn thing

bobinmi

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
retired
received my email confirmation with my reservation number on 5/20/2021, but since then haven't heard a damn thing....dealer says all Pro and XLT were taken for 2022. Anyone have any clue on what the process is?
I ordered my bronco, first week and recd that on 10/28/21. Ordered my hybrid maverick on first day and recd that on 12/23/2021....the lightning is missing!
Anyone have any good info? Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
received my email confirmation with my reservation number on 5/20/2022, but since then haven't heard a damn thing....dealer says all Pro and XLT were taken for 2022. Anyone have any clue on what the process is?
I ordered my bronco, first week and recd that on 10/28/21. Ordered my hybrid maverick on first day and recd that on 12/23/2021....the lightning is missing!
Anyone have any good info? Thanks!
Check your spam folders. Even if you weren’t invited to order, you should have received some informational emails.

At this point if you haven’t been contacted and invited to order, chances are you will not be getting a 2022 Lightning.

You’re dealer is also correct in that Pro and XLTs are both sold out.

OP
OP
bobinmi

bobinmi

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
retired
Check your spam folders. Even if you weren’t invited to order, you should have received some informational emails.

At this point if you haven’t been contacted and invited to order, chances are you will not be getting a 2022 Lightning.

You’re dealer is also correct in that Pro and XLTs are both sold out.
I mean I haven't seen anything regarding an order...did not pick color, options, anything....what happens when it goes to 2023? order still in place? Price guarantee?

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
I mean I haven't seen anything regarding an order...did not pick color, options, anything....what happens when it goes to 2023? order still in place? Price guarantee?
Same deal here. Hadn't heard jack until I got the sales manager at the dealership on the phone to tell me where I was in line.

If your reservation is visible on the website you're probably fine. (Though my dealer didn't seem to think my 5/20 order was early enough even for a 2023, assuming they get twice as many 2023s as 2022s).

OP
OP
bobinmi

bobinmi

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
retired
Same deal here. Hadn't heard jack until I got the sales manager at the dealership on the phone to tell me where I was in line.

If your reservation is visible on the website you're probably fine. (Though my dealer didn't seem to think my 5/20 order was early enough even for a 2023, assuming they get twice as many 2023s as 2022s).
yes, I can see my reservation on my ford.com page...your 5/20 reservation isn't early enough for a 2023????? WTF is wrong with Ford...? I mean, I ordered the FIRST day (I think), which was 5/20/21 and it MAY not be good enough for a 2023???? Ford CEO said they had less than 20k reservations in the first few days....Ford must be pulling the same bullshit they did with the bronco....PRIORITY reservations to kiss ass friends and family....its bullshit.

Sponsored

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
yes, I can see my reservation on my ford.com page...your 5/20 reservation isn't early enough for a 2023????? WTF is wrong with Ford...? I mean, I ordered the FIRST day (I think), which was 5/20/21 and it MAY not be good enough for a 2023???? Ford CEO said they had less than 20k reservations in the first few days....Ford must be pulling the same bullshit they did with the bronco....PRIORITY reservations to kiss ass friends and family....its bullshit.
I don't know if the dealer is right or not. Just that I was 26th on their list, and that they got 6 2022s, so if they get 12 2023s I still won't make it.

You should call the dealer. For all you know you might be next in line. The per-dealer thing is bogus.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
The first day to order was 5/19/21. There’s a bit of a worldwide supply chain problem going on. Most estimates are that they sold out of 2022 production within the first day, if not earlier when factoring in the mannequins.what’s your time stamp and reservation number In the confirmation email?

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
You have no price protection because you didn't order a vehicle. A reservation is not an order.

Order date was one of the major factors in picking what orders to fill, but there were other very important factors as well. You should probably get a chance to order a 2023 but they haven't opened ordering yet.

OP
OP
bobinmi

bobinmi

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
retired
The first day to order was 5/19/21. There’s a bit of a worldwide supply chain problem going on. Most estimates are that they sold out of 2022 production within the first day, if not earlier when factoring in the mannequins.what’s your time stamp and reservation number In the confirmation email?
my confirmation email is 12:32 AM, I believe they must have used central time with the stamp, because I believe I ordered at 11:30pm, and I believe they went live at like 9pm that night. So I think I was in under 3 hours of going live.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
My reservation number, confirmed before 10 pm Eastern on the 19th, was almost 15000 in, although I’ve seen some people say the numbers aren’t neccesarily in order. Add 2500 mannequins, +/-, and 2022 production filled up quick. Start watching closely in the next couple weeks to a month for invitation to order a 2023.​

Sponsored
OP
OP
bobinmi

bobinmi

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
retired
My reservation number, confirmed before 10 pm Eastern on the 19th, was almost 15000 in, although I’ve seen some people say the numbers aren’t neccesarily in order. Add 2500 mannequins, +/-, and 2022 production filled up quick. Start watching closely in the next couple weeks to a month for invitation to order a 2023.​
I googled it and Jim Farley said they had 20,000 reservations in the first 24 hours....I was in, I believe at the 2.5 hour mark.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Welcome to the forum, best advice I have for you
Talk to the sales manager at your dealer.

Ask how many reservations they had?
How Many allocations they had.
What was your position on their reservation list?
Did they reprioritize any customers to head of the line?

Then you know how 2022 shook out there, as for model year 2023, in a few more weeks ordering is expected to open up, I recommend looking at your RESERVATION page every 2 weeks, with hopes that you will see the POP UP indicating it's time to place your order!!

PS, is that beautiful bike a Shovel head Electra glide?

OP
OP
bobinmi

bobinmi

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
retired
Welcome to the forum, best advice I have for you
Talk to the sales manager at your dealer.

Ask how many reservations they had?
How Many allocations they had.
What was your position on their reservation list?
Did they reprioritize any customers to head of the line?

Then you know how 2022 shook out there, as for model year 2023, in a few more weeks ordering is expected to open up, I recommend looking at your RESERVATION page every 2 weeks, with hopes that you will see the POP UP indicating it's time to place your order!!

PS, is that beautiful bike a Shovel head Electra glide?
When I ordered it, talked to my salesman, he said I was the dealers FIRST lightning. Sort of a small dealer. YES, that beauty is a 72 shovel.
PS, born in Boston, lived in Everett until 74' moved to NH then, grand parents from Duxbury.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
When I ordered it, talked to my salesman, he said I was the dealers FIRST lightning. Sort of a small dealer. YES, that beauty is a 72 shovel.
PS, born in Boston, lived in Everett until 74' moved to NH then, grand parents from Duxbury.
There is a chance that your dealer didn’t get any allocations. You would still speak to them about it though to find out what happened and what’s going on.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
My experience with a 50+ year family-owned Ford dealer in a college town of 60,000 population.

They initially had around 100 reservations tagged to them that dropped to around 70 when the initial pricing was released…they got 10 allocations…I was one of them and got a Wave 4 invite. By that time, only Lariat and Platinum trims were left…I wanted an XLT ER. I almost deferred my invitation to MY 2023, but after looking at the option pricing, and the possible max out on (loss of) the Fed Tax credit, I ordered a Lariat….and, feel very lucky….

I get your frustration, but I agree with others here who’ve recommended sitting down and talking with your dealer. If you don’t feel like you’re getting the service you feel your due, you can switch your reservation to another dealer in your region who will value your business. This forum can possibly be a resource to help you find one….

Good luck!
Sponsored