• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

$7500 tax credit changes come MARCH

me!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
lightning
When the Inflation Reduction Act rules for the $7500 change come March due to the amount domestic battery components, is the $7500 gone? Do Ford batteries qualify for either of the $3750 components of it?

My XLT build date has been pushed back 8 times since Oct and I will not take delivery before March.
Screwed?
Is there anything I can sign at the dealerships beforehand to sneak under the wire?
Sponsored

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
8 times since October? Wow, what is the build status today? Man, that's pure torture! Sorry to hear about your build. :(

I'm not expecting any tax credits as my Lariat ER went well over the 80K price tag. You would think that they would give us SOME of the 7500 because we are buying a clean energy vehicle. Why does it have to be all our none. It's all bullshit political theater. :(

Last edited:

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
The updated tax specifics should not affect the $7500, per se. They're going to phase-in the battery materials requirements, they just can't seem to decide how that's to be done. Finalizing this may have an impact to your final credit amount, but I'm guessing it won't make much or any difference for 2023 vehicles. It doesn't matter that it's happening in march, whatever they decide will apply to the entire year -- January to December, won't matter if you get your truck in March or not. I hope you get it soon though... Still waiting on an October order... That's brutal.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
When the Inflation Reduction Act rules for the $7500 change come March due to the amount domestic battery components, is the $7500 gone? Do Ford batteries qualify for either of the $3750 components of it?

My XLT build date has been pushed back 8 times since Oct and I will not take delivery before March.
Screwed?
Is there anything I can sign at the dealerships beforehand to sneak under the wire?
It is expected that 1/2 the credit due to the batteries, but no one knows. Also your income needs to be under the $150k individual, $300k joint.

Reactions: me!
OP
OP

me!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
lightning
The updated tax specifics should not affect the $7500, per se. They're going to phase-in the battery materials requirements, they just can't seem to decide how that's to be done. Finalizing this may have an impact to your final credit amount, but I'm guessing it won't make much or any difference for 2023 vehicles. It doesn't matter that it's happening in march, whatever they decide will apply to the entire year -- January to December, won't matter if you get your truck in March or not. I hope you get it soon though... Still waiting on an October order... That's brutal.
Then why does Ford's website have a bright red banner that is new and states "get your $7500" by March??! I think new changes COULD take place and start this March

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Last edited:

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
I'm going to see if i can go through with the sale at the dealer before the truck arrives if it's not here by March 1st.

Reactions: me!
OP
OP

me!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
lightning