• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

A hole in the side of the front motor.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
The oil that cools the motors runs thru a cooler, the motor failed. A piece of the motor drilled a hole in the side cover.
The coolant runs front to back, the oil runs through a heat exchanger in the motor and stays(normally) in the motor. If the exchanger is intact then there is no contamination outside of the motor. If the exchanger fails you will end up with coolant in the oil. It sounds like your coolant system is still intact.

Hope you get your new motor in and running in a timely fashion and hopefully it's a rarity.
Sponsored

OP
OP

TerryNelsen

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Electrician
The coolant runs front to back, the oil runs through a heat exchanger in the motor and stays(normally) in the motor. If the exchanger is intact then there is no contamination outside of the motor. If the exchanger fails you will end up with coolant in the oil. It sounds like your coolant system is still intact.

Hope you get your new motor in and running in a timely fashion and hopefully it's a rarity.
Yes your right thanks for the correction, it's the coolant that is contaminated with metal shavings.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

OP
OP

TerryNelsen

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Electrician
Hey there! Can you please send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of the Ford dealer you are working with? I would like to see what I can do to assist with your Lightning's motor repairs.
What I would like to say is that I picked my truck up last month paid $68.774 this month I could purchase the truck for $10k less. If your interested in helping then let's work on a refund. My truck has been in the shop for 3 weeks out of 5. My # is************* Terry nelsen. Call me anytime.

MODERATOR NOTES,
I redacted you phone for privacy concerns.
Please send FORD you phone number in a private conversation request.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What I would like to say is that I picked my truck up last month paid $68.774 this month I could purchase the truck for $10k less. If your interested in helping then let's work on a refund. My truck has been in the shop for 3 weeks out of 5. My # is ************* Terry nelsen. Call me anytime.
Google lemon law and the state you purchased the truck from

Last edited by a moderator:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Planetary gear set housing ....hmmmmm!

Failure part didn't breach heat exchanger, but yes the residual oil is contaminated with metal.
The internal oil pump is contaminated, but I'd speculate there was no oil & coolant cross contamination occuring at the heat exchanger.
Ford F-150 Lightning A hole in the side of the front motor. 1689646484805

Last edited:
OP
OP

TerryNelsen

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Electrician
Planetary gear set housing ....hmmmmm!

Failure part didn't breach heat exchanger, but yes the residual oil is contaminated with metal.
The internal oil pump is contaminated, but I'd speculate there was no oil & coolant cross contamination occuring at the heat exchanger.
1689646484805.png
Did you notice they have the front suspension hanging on the abs wires?

Sponsored
OP
OP

TerryNelsen

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Electrician
What I would like to say is that I picked my truck up last month paid $68.774 this month I could purchase the truck for $10k less. If your interested in helping then let's work on a refund. My truck has been in the shop for 3 weeks out of 5. My # is************* Terry nelsen. Call me anytime.

MODERATOR NOTES,
I redacted you phone for privacy concerns.
Please send FORD you phone number in a private conversation request.
How do I do a private conversation request ?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
How do I do a private conversation request ?
Go to POST 43
Hover or click the FORD MOTOR COMPANY member name
Select/click START CONVERSATION

Ford F-150 Lightning A hole in the side of the front motor. 1689688272087
Sponsored