• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Any taillights anti-theft solutions?

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Maybe it’s unique to the power tailgates or I wasn’t doing it right but I was unable to unlock my lariat’s tailgate using the method described by Latchlid. I could easily get my finger/tool in the access hole but the latch itself would not budge. The second method doesn’t seem like an issue because of the work surface covering it.
Good to know. I'll will have to try this too
Sponsored

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
This shows the way that the locked tailgates can easily be opened.
This particular solution would cover those holes. It appears to be a good solution
https://latchlid.com/learn-more

So hopefully my BAK Revolver X4S Tonneau Cover will deter any fools from attempting this. The cover is another layer they would have to get through to get inside bed... to open gate... etc.

Last edited:

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Also does the pro version even have a locking tailgate?
Yes. The XLT and Pro both lock like the others via the power locks. Just don’t have power opening and closing.

Sponsored

ATLJoker285

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
So hopefully my BAK Revolver X4S Tonneau Cover will deter any fools from attempting this. The cover is another layer they would have to get through to get inside bed... to open gate... etc.
I was thinking the same thing.. a tonneau cover might solve the issue too.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
I'm surprised only a couple others have suggested it, but a hard tonneau cover would definitely be an additional deterrent. Nothing is truly secure to someone hell bent on theft, but it'll certainly slow people down. Additionally, I'd go with one that locks from the inside instead of flimsy external wafer locks.

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
Additionally, I'd go with one that locks from the inside instead of flimsy external wafer locks.
This, so much. I am so tired of seeing manufacturers not use quality lock hardware. At least offer it as an option, for those of us that know!

I just put my new Diamondback on yesterday, and discovered that nowadays they are shipping them with the Medeco locks that take the 3D-cut keys. Big improvement over the crappy locks they used to use. (this is my third Diamondback)

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
I had never heard of F-series tail lights being stolen until this thread. I’m currently up in Dallas, TX staying with my parents and took my dog for a walk this afternoon. At least two F-series trucks were hit last night. Possibly more if I canvassed the entire neighborhood.
Ford F-150 Lightning Any taillights anti-theft solutions? DA9741D7-0CD5-4D37-B154-7AF6D0A71196

Ford F-150 Lightning Any taillights anti-theft solutions? 2DDBA014-A27F-4A43-80A4-F5864E7D8B3D

Needless to say, my truck is now parked in my parent’s garage.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I had never heard of F-series tail lights being stolen until this thread. I’m currently up in Dallas, TX staying with my parents and took my dog for a walk this afternoon. At least two F-series trucks were hit last night. Possibly more if I canvassed the entire neighborhood.
DA9741D7-0CD5-4D37-B154-7AF6D0A71196.jpeg

2DDBA014-A27F-4A43-80A4-F5864E7D8B3D.jpeg

Needless to say, my truck is now parked in my parent’s garage.

Wow! This is sad.

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
The latchlid protectors line up just fine with the Lightning. The one thing giving me pause, however, are the screws and washers. They are described as "stainless." Aren't stainless steel screws a big no-no for aluminum?

I think I will replace the screws.
Sponsored