• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anybody else have a scratch on their windshield here?

Randall Stephens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Jet Builder
Sitting in the rain tonight I noticed a long scratch straight up my windshield as the rain followed it down the glass. I can feel it with my fingernail. Curious if it’s a common manufacturing defect. It’s not where the wiper sits.
Ford F-150 Lightning Anybody else have a scratch on their windshield here? IMG_9745
Sponsored

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Have scratches on passenger window but saw it after leaving dealer and after a couple of home cleanings, so I took the blame, but I think is was from factory or transport. Got truck from dealer the day it arrived on truck.

Also, the windshield had a fine coating of dots of a clear overspray that never seemed to completely clean off. And/or the dots, that showed when nearly looking into the sun, were part of the glass makeup. Fortunately, the windshield was just replaced, $0 comprehensive deductible, due to a rock hit. Have not seen the glare from dots yet, and it is a factory glass “sound screen”.

Crullbri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Semi Retired, Part time Handyman
I have vertical scratches on the WS along the driver side pillar. I have the same on the back window on the drivers side. They must have had something on the truck that the dealer did not remove properly.

OP
OP
Randall Stephens

Randall Stephens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Jet Builder
I have vertical scratches on the WS along the driver side pillar. I have the same on the back window on the drivers side. They must have had something on the truck that the dealer did not remove properly.
Yeah it almost looks like a box cutter blade did it because it’s a long straight scratch with a few slots where whatever scratched it lifted off the glass.

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Have scratches on passenger window but saw it after leaving dealer and after a couple of home cleanings, so I took the blame, but I think is was from factory or transport. Got truck from dealer the day it arrived on truck.
So did I and I just showed it to them during the battery module update. They replaced the window no questions asked, even after having it a couple months. Mine appeared to be a scratch in between the glass and the factory tinting layer.
Sponsored