• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anybody else notice the slight "Click" when starting off either in forward or reverse?

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
I have a 2023 Lightning Lariat. I didn't notice the click sound at first, but I noticed it around 400 miles on the truck. I have 700 now and today it seemed louder. Appts for service are taking forever in Denver these days. Anybody know what the implications are for driving with the "click"? Annoyance or potential for damage? I did share the TSB info with the service team at the dealership. They seem generally unprepared for Lightning service.
Hi everyone. Is there any answer to this question? I also have a 23 Lariat and the clicking noise has started. Is the noise just an annoyance or is there potential for damage?
Sponsored

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
Hi everyone. Is there any answer to this question? I also have a 23 Lariat and the clicking noise has started. Is the noise just an annoyance or is there potential for damage?
Annoyance only. No performance implications. I’d still get it fixed if I were you, the TSB was issued for a reason.

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
Annoyance only. No performance implications. I’d still get it fixed if I were you, the TSB was issued for a reason.
Yeah, I kind of figured annoyance, but it appears no issues if not done right away.

joesrepsol

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Solutions Engineer
Thanks for all the great research. 2022 Lariat here... been clicking since day 1. Almost 11k miles on it now. On the phone with dealer scheduling service for the TSB listed. Thanks everyone. I'll respond back after the service, and again some miles down the road.

Thanks for sharing! Joe

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Bump

Sponsored

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Got mine fixed today. I won’t say the clicking is completely gone but I’m starting to wonder if what I’m hearing now is a different click. At any rate it’s significantly quieter than before!

They did all 4 on mine and it took about 4-5 hours.

Did you have the dealer order the parts before you took your truck in, or did they have some kits ready to go already?

Thanks.

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Did you have the dealer order the parts before you took your truck in, or did they have some kits ready to go already?

Thanks.
They had to order the parts. So I had to come back for a follow up appointment.
Sponsored