• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone else notice the leather seats in Lariat trim wear poorly?

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
Mine was the same on pickup.
Mine is the exact same as well, I didn't notice it until about 250 miles though but it could've been there at purchase but it was cold and dark so maybe i didnt see it. I can say though after 8000 miles my 350+ self has not caused any further change.

emmelj

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2018 Tesla M3
Seeing on mine as well.

PXL_20220924_161315668.jpg
Mine look exactly the same. Both sides. Had Ford replace them, looked better for about 2 days. Then the exact same crease showed up.

viennaxmas

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Material inside Lariat is not as good as I expected in a $80k truck. The leather looks/feels cheap, so as other materials (plastic feeling), the audio is also pretty crappy.
Yeah, I was very disappointed. Looks like a cheap Kia or Hunday (which I never bought for this reason), not an 80-100k car. Almost a turn off for me.

cwstnsko

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Mine had ”the wrinkle” before I took delivery. It has not changed in the time I have been driving it. I think it’s just a function of the material they chose for the seat. I don’t think having them replace it will improve anything until they change the material or design. I winder if a good upholstery shop could add some additional cushion or more retainer clips to pull it a little tighter and keep the wrinkle flat.

Sponsored

River Rat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Magnetewan River near Georgian Bay Ontario, Canada
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Ice Blue, 2023 Lightning Star White
Occupation
Retired
Mine had ”the wrinkle” before I took delivery. It has not changed in the time I have been driving it. I think it’s just a function of the material they chose for the seat. I don’t think having them replace it will improve anything until they change the material or design. I winder if a good upholstery shop could add some additional cushion or more retainer clips to pull it a little tighter and keep the wrinkle flat.
Agreed, not worth doing anything until they fix the problem. Mach E no problem.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
It has not changed in the time I have been driving it. I think it’s just a function of the material they chose for the seat.
The upholstery guy I took mine to thinks it's where different sheets are bonded, which is why (he thinks) it happens in the same place every time on every seat that has this problem.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Going in for round 2 (or 3 depending on how you look at it) next Monday. This time I asked them to pull the seat out of the packaging so it fills out for a few days before installation.

H3IMDALL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718 Boxster GTS, Porsche Panamera Turbo
Occupation
Software Architect
Mine also have this, but I’m less upset about that than the fact they start sucking when you go on a country spanning road trip. Our Volvo suv cost half the price of this truck but has seats light years better than it. Our Avalanche’s seats were also much better. Trying out some beaded covers to see if that helps on the 2500 mile return trip.

H3IMDALL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718 Boxster GTS, Porsche Panamera Turbo
Occupation
Software Architect
Mine also have this, but I’m less upset about that than the fact they start sucking when you go on a country spanning road trip. Our Volvo suv cost half the price of this truck but has seats light years better than it. Our Avalanche’s seats were also much better. Trying out some beaded covers to see if that helps on the 2500 mile return trip.
Did not help much. Gave the wife sciatica and killed my back, so the truck is now on its way out. Had a Roush Mustang I loved that did the same thing after a long trip… and had to sell it as well (dealer didnt see a problem with them after several tries to get it fixed). Guess its just how the newer Ford seats “break in”. In a way that makes them suck lol.

Sponsored
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'00 Ranger XLT; '23 Lightning Platinum
Is this only in the lariat seats? Or the platinum as well?
Maybe the first argument for the platinum purchase…

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I haven't gone on that long of a trip, but have done multiple ~500 mile each way trips and I find the seats VERY comfortable. I guess we are all built differently!

klarson

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning XLT
Occupation
Finance
Not sure if it's limited to the Lariat. I bought an XLT and the cloth seats have developed a wrinkle. I only have 5,000 miles and I'm not a big guy. Not impressed. It should look fantastic for years, not like this. I took it into the dealer, they said they fixed it but the next day, it looked the same as before.
Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone else notice the leather seats in Lariat trim wear poorly? 1697287811011

While I was there, I looked in the test truck and it looks like the leather version has a similar problem.

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone else notice the leather seats in Lariat trim wear poorly? 1697287870934

bub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Plat
While I was there, I looked in the test truck and it looks like the leather version has a similar problem.

1697287870934.png
My driver seat looks like this. It got the exact same crease in the exact same spot on my 23 Platinum less than 200km after driving it off the lot.
Sponsored