• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone else notice the leather seats in Lariat trim wear poorly?

derm

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 Sport 4x4; Ordered F-150 Lighting Larit
same look -Lariatt 7/23 pickup. now with 7k on the clock.
Sponsored

Lightning101

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Having the same issue with my Lariat seat was wrinkled upon delivery I mentioned it before I drove it off the lot. The dealership agreed to replace it and the picture attached is the new seat it is even worse than the original. Have another appointment scheduled.
Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone else notice the leather seats in Lariat trim wear poorly? IMG_7448

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
They replaced my cushion three times and the clips once until I finally talked them into replacing the frame, which finally fixed the problem. If you reach under the seat you should feel a few plastic clips holding the cushion to the frame. If yours is like mine, those clips will pop off as soon as you sit on the seat and move it forward/back.

Lightning101

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
They replaced my cushion three times and the clips once until I finally talked them into replacing the frame, which finally fixed the problem. If you reach under the seat you should feel a few plastic clips holding the cushion to the frame. If yours is like mine, those clips will pop off as soon as you sit on the seat and move it forward/back.
[/QUOTE

Thanks for the info I will let my dealer know about the frame. I got my truck back on Friday after talking to the service manager he acknowledged that there is an issue and they do not have a resolution. The manager will be getting in touch with Ford corporate this week to figure out a solution. He also mentioned other Lariats at the dealership had the same issue.

Sponsored

CasterHQ

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
President CasterHQ
I have the same issues on both driver and passenger seats. I was already aware of this before purchasing the truck after I watched some YouTube videos so I knew what I was getting into but the quality of the seats is a bummer, especially with the amount we're spending on this truck.

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Rodeo clown
Mine are doing this too :( Does anyone know if any of the OEM Raptor or ICE Lariat (black) leather sets would fit our seat foam? I'm not averse to yoinking the seats and reskinning them but don't want to buy a set of take-off skins only to have them look like saggy prunes when I put them on... TIA

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
My cloth seats wearing like this too. Clips have come undone. What the heck

Sponsored

mefly2

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER / KO2s max tow ; 22 F350, 23 C8 Vette
Occupation
Retired CSc/Math teacher. LEO
... the nature of leather ...

nathanjaybar

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat, Extended Range
I'm actually really happy to see this thread, I thought I got a 'dud' seat. This is not my first Ford, but it's my first F-150 so I have no direct comparison across the different trim levels for the truck. I started noticing the crease in the drivers seat before we ever hit 200 miles on the odometer. I now have just over 3K miles and the passenger seat is showing similar wear. I've even gone as far as trying to shift my weight when I drive to help flatten out the fold in the seat, which I think has helped a little. (That, or I'm just trying to convince myself it is.)

It's sad. I love the truck, I waited for 2 1/2 years for it. I just thought it might be a year or 2 before showing signs of wear like this.

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone else notice the leather seats in Lariat trim wear poorly? PXL_20231220_160801529

Howard_Scott_Warshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, rapid red
The leather on my seats actually started to "pill" or almost de-laminate in the lumbar area. Dealer replaced it for free.

Lightning101

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Took my truck back into my local Ford dealer last week as I had mentioned a solution that a forum member suggested replacing the seat frame and the clips. Service stated everything looked fine with the frame and clips. The service manager agreed that thereā€™s definitely an issue with the wrinkle on the drivers side seat bottom however itā€™s not a warrantable item and thereā€™s nothing they can do. He also mentioned all the Lariats currently in service have the same wrinkle issue on the driver side seat bottom cushion. He suggested that I call Ford customer care (Electric Vehicle Department) and express my concerns with them. After multiple follow up calls and finally speaking to a supervisor I was told the same thing that itā€™s not warrantable. Ford does acknowledge that there is an issue however is not willing to do anything about it. I explained there should be a recall on this issue and she stated well if enough people express their concerns that could be a possibility. Anyhow Iā€™m pretty upset as I paid almost 100k for this truck to have a defective seat that I have to look at every time I get into my truck. I owned my Raptor for 9 years and my seat never saw this type of issue.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Took my truck back into my local Ford dealer last week as I had mentioned a solution that a forum member suggested replacing the seat frame and the clips. Service stated everything looked fine with the frame and clips. The service manager agreed that thereā€™s definitely an issue with the wrinkle on the drivers side seat bottom however itā€™s not a warrantable item and thereā€™s nothing they can do. He also mentioned all the Lariats currently in service have the same wrinkle issue on the driver side seat bottom cushion. He suggested that I call Ford customer care (Electric Vehicle Department) and express my concerns with them. After multiple follow up calls and finally speaking to a supervisor I was told the same thing that itā€™s not warrantable. Ford does acknowledge that there is an issue however is not willing to do anything about it. I explained there should be a recall on this issue and she stated well if enough people express their concerns that could be a possibility. Anyhow Iā€™m pretty upset as I paid almost 100k for this truck to have a defective seat that I have to look at every time I get into my truck. I owned my Raptor for 9 years and my seat never saw this type of issue.
I was just cleaning the truck seats tonight, noticing the wrinkle and this email came in šŸ˜€. Iā€™ve been told same thing, not a warranty issue. Iā€™ll complain again.
Sponsored