• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone figured out how to turn off the frunk beeping yet?

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
What about the sub-20mph sound?
Both that sound and the backup beep come from the pedestrian warning speaker so they are both disabled by the megaohm kit. But the Frunk beep remains.

Believe me, I've looked everywhere for the beeper, but the search continues. All I can say is I've narrowed it down to somewhere either behind or below the passenger side headlight and the trunk tub itself.
Sponsored

slojim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
lexus acura ford
Yes, the frunk beeper is a separate speaker. Very much looking forward to learning of it’s location. I would love to turn it down a few notches or completely silence it.

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Hey there guys! Will from MegaOhm Motorsports here! I finally was able to get my hands on a Lightning again for development and dug into getting rid of the Frunk Beeper that you all hate. It took my buddy and I a couple of hours to pinpoint where it was coming from and located it. Here is a picture of the "Speaker" (looks like a relay) which is actually a buzzer. Heres the best part: ITS A CODE FREE MOD! Just unplug it and go! Hope this helps a lot of you here!

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone figured out how to turn off the frunk beeping yet? chrome_srt1NcYwbA
Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone figured out how to turn off the frunk beeping yet? chrome_Ew4BK4Z2Rf

The location: Hard to put in words, so here is a picture. About a foot to the right of the Passenger headlight.

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone figured out how to turn off the frunk beeping yet? okhTQ9O8AQ
Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone figured out how to turn off the frunk beeping yet? eGZz9CUwJX

How to get access:
1) Remove the Frunk - this is actually pretty easy to do. Remove the two side covers. This is where I was really impressed with some new changes. They didn't use a bunch of those 1 time use Christmas tree body pins, these ones twist to unlock, completely tool free! Once those covers are out of the way, remove the two 13mm bolts at the forward two corners. They are in a recess but easily findable. The two smaller panels next to the headlights just pull straight out, just be easy since they are plastic clips.
Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone figured out how to turn off the frunk beeping yet? lightning frunk 2

I think this was 6 T45 Torx bolts. The ones with the hooks have o-rings so be sure not to lose them as they provide a seal. There are 4 visible as soon as you open the frunk and 2 more under the lid.
Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone figured out how to turn off the frunk beeping yet? ford-f150-lightning-frunk

Remove 2 of these 13mm bolts on each side of the frunk tub. This cross member is bonded to the frunk tub. On the passenger side, disconnect the tub harness connector. once disconnected you can pull the tub out. It helps to have a second set of hands to lift the tub out of the truck, its awkward and a bit heavy since its heavy fiber reinforced plastic.
Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone figured out how to turn off the frunk beeping yet? BLOBUHYnxe

With all the panels, faarrrsteners and tub removed, you can access the speaker. If you look at the first two photos in the post, it'll point out the location. Below are some shots of the speaker harness breakout. They kind of have it wrapped under the harness, and under the plastic reinforcement bar and the speaker is held in with a flimsy christmas tree fastener thats molded into the speaker. Just collapse the fins and push it through, and find a way to route the speaker out of there and finally disconnect it from the harness. Sucker was hidden well!

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone figured out how to turn off the frunk beeping yet? chrome_hN4l21Kd5m

If you feel this was a good contribution, feel free to order some stickers from our website to help support more of these activities that benefit you guys for free in the future :)

skyak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, 911, Lightning
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored

Sponsored

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
I'm so proud of everyone that just went out and yeeted this annoying POS out of their truck.

I unplugged my pedestrian speaker/backup beep while I was at it... But it throws a message on the dash. Anyone know what size resistor to solder in line to trick it? I'm not paying $60.

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
I'm so proud of everyone that just went out and yeeted this annoying POS out of their truck.

I unplugged my pedestrian speaker/backup beep while I was at it... But it throws a message on the dash. Anyone know what size resistor to solder in line to trick it? I'm not paying $60.

Don't be cheap, support Will and all he has done for the community.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

The person selling that mod is the one that helped us with the Frunk speaker...support him.

😊

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
The person selling that mod is the one that helped us with the Frunk speaker...support him.

😊
While I appreciate him, I'm not spending $60 for a $0.75 resistor. His is a prettier solution than my resistor jammed in the socket, I'll admit to that. Solved with a volt meter and the parts bin. I'll buy a sticker or 2.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
While I appreciate him, I'm not spending $60 for a $0.75 resistor. His is a prettier solution than my resistor jammed in the socket, I'll admit to that. Solved with a volt meter and the parts bin. I'll buy a sticker or 2.
To be fair, his plug-in part also keeps corrosion out of the connector and the cap he povides protects the speaker in case you'd want to plug it back in when you sell it.

I bought 2. One for my Lightning and one for the wife's Mach-E. He was even nice enough to send an email to me, as a past purchaser, directing me to this thread to disable the Frunk beep.
Sponsored