• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone figured out how to turn off the frunk beeping yet?

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Has anybody that removed it checked for a new DTC using an OBDII reader or Forscan? While it may not throw a dash code, might still set a DTC (not that is necessarily an issue).

Looks like a variation of this part (Densco MX068900) has been used in Honda and Subaru keyless entry alerts for many years.
Sponsored

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
I am more annoyed by the loud pop of the Frunk opening than the warning beeper. Must be a way to make that a softer opening.

Simsonic

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Besides doing these mods physically (the frunk, tailgate) couldn't this be a software update in the future to disable them?

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
Besides doing these mods physically (the frunk, tailgate) couldn't this be a software update in the future to disable them?
It entirely depends on how ford integrated it into the system.

We've been spoiled by Tesla's "everything is on the network and designed from the very beginning to be software controlled ".

The Lightning was designed to use as much existing components as possible, which very likely means that many parts are just traditional dumb appendages, that don't touch software at all.

Sponsored

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
I don’t have a picture of mine. It is zip stripped to the wiring harness and labeled. Thank you for the tutorial @WillB17 . It took me about an hour, but I think I could do it in 20 minutes the second time. That’s the way these things go. Ordering your backup silencer.

Photon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model S Plaid, 2018 Ford Raptor
In case anyone else is running into this issue. My frunk wouldn’t close after the install, but figures out I had to manually close the frunk and then it would latch when it’s closed. The frunk worked perfectly after that.

The only thing I can imagine is that when harness was disconnected on frunk tub the frunk module resets and defaults to think it’s closed position when you reconnect power. But just manually close it and it will work fine afterwards.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
THANK THE LORD BABY JESUS!!!

DucMan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Lariat ER
I imagine someone at Ford at ford won a bet on how long it would take the pesky owners to figure this out. A bottle of good scotch, no doubt.

DrNurse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 ford raptor, 2022 ford lightning
The tailgate doesn't beep on the Pro or base XLT that's a perk if you ask me. I'm tearing the Front apart to find the damn speaker for the opening/closing sound. I already have a print file for the under 25 mpg driving noise speaker to reduce but not eliminate the noise.
where did you get that print file?/could you share it?

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Glad everyone is able to perform the mod and that it's helped so many of you! Thank you again for all of your kind words and support.

Nice video! Would be nice if Megaohm got some recognition in the description ;)