• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Audio won't turn on/GPS totally off/time clock won't sync

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, black/black
Searched here but didn't find anything, however did find a thread on another Lightning forum which describes my exact issue. Randomly the other day the "audio system" won't turn on AT ALL. I press the power button in the center of the on-screen dial, it radiates blue to acknowledge my touch, and then nothing. No sound at all. No radio, no bluetooth, no Android Auto. I've tried doing the Sync reset (volume down/right seek for 10 seconds), pulled fuses 28 and 32, called Ford and they had me do an open door/lock the locks "reset" of some kind, AND tried to do a FULL reset by pulling the negative lead off the 12v battery - none of which have helped. In combination with this audio-won't-turn-on issue, I also noticed my the onboard Nav/GPS is WAY off, like not even in the same state. And then I noticed today after the 12v battery reset, the on screen time/clock is wrong, even though I double checked the "auto clock update" setting is in fact on.

Anyone else?

Ford F-150 Lightning Audio won't turn on/GPS totally off/time clock won't sync 1669165637191

Ford F-150 Lightning Audio won't turn on/GPS totally off/time clock won't sync 1669165670270

EDIT: despite the similarity to that other post, turns out my issue was the wife spilling coffee on the dash behind the screen... enough to leak down behind and fry the Audio Control Module...
Sponsored

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
What is the Voltage on the LVB?

OP
OP
RainorshinePNW

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What is the Voltage on the LVB?
Haven't checked, will try that next, thanks. Could a weak/bad LVB really cause something like this? Wouldn't have guessed that in a million years.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Haven't checked, will try that next, thanks. Could a weak/bad LVB really cause something like this? Wouldn't have guessed that in a million years.
IIRC, we had reports along that line early in the deliveries (Spring)?

I know it can be a problem, ECM/BCE modules are known to be unstable at lower voltages.

OP
OP
RainorshinePNW

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IIRC, we had reports along that line early in the deliveries (Spring)?

I know it can be a problem, ECM/BCE modules are known to be unstable at lower voltages.
12v battery appears to be reporting OK, however I haven't verified with a voltage meter.

Ford F-150 Lightning Audio won't turn on/GPS totally off/time clock won't sync Screenshot_20221124-110908

Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
OP
OP
RainorshinePNW

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Noticed another issue. Truck is charging to 100% even though I have the Charging Location settings set to 90. I wonder if it's not recognizing it's at a saved Charging Location because the GPS is all messed up? Still, even then, shouldn't be charging to 100 by default.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Noticed another issue. Truck is charging to 100% even though I have the Charging Location settings set to 90. I wonder if it's not recognizing it's at a saved Charging Location because the GPS is all messed up? Still, even then, shouldn't be charging to 100 by default.
Hi there. This charging concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150 Lightning. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

OP
OP
RainorshinePNW

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi there. This charging concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150 Lightning. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
PM sent

Sponsored
OP
OP
RainorshinePNW

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just leaving my dealer. They determined it's a failed Audio Control Module (ACM) which interfaces with other modules, leading to the other issues (GPS, etc). Replacement part is ordered, but availability is TBD 🤞

kyriotate

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
Not to jump on an old thread (okay to do so) after my 4.1.1 update I have this same issue, down to the audio off and charge to 100% (not seeing home charger) I also did the resets and pulled the fuses as the internet suggested. All no luck. If I have a failed ACM the timing is sure random.

srvethelord

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Military
Not to jump on an old thread (okay to do so) after my 4.1.1 update I have this same issue, down to the audio off and charge to 100% (not seeing home charger) I also did the resets and pulled the fuses as the internet suggested. All no luck. If I have a failed ACM the timing is sure random.
Any updates on this thread? My wife just got out of our Lightning and the radio won't turn off. It's stuck on and the clock is frozen to when she turned the car off. She's tried everything to get it fixed. I'm at work and can't do anything about it right now.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Any updates on this thread? My wife just got out of our Lightning and the radio won't turn off. It's stuck on and the clock is frozen to when she turned the car off. She's tried everything to get it fixed. I'm at work and can't do anything about it right now.
Did she try a Sync reboot?

With the truck on, hold the Volume Down and Next Track buttons at the same time on the steering wheel until Sync reboots. These are the two buttons on far left and right.

Ford F-150 Lightning Audio won't turn on/GPS totally off/time clock won't sync Sync Reset Steering wheel controls

Last edited:

srvethelord

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Military
Did she try a Sync reboot?

With the truck on, hold the Volume Down and Next Track buttons at the same time on the steering wheel until Sync reboots. These are the two buttons on far left and right.

Sync Reset Steering wheel controls.png
I found the above reboot process online and sent it to her. She did it and it did resolve the problem. Very odd, but good to know this is an F-150 issue and not unique to the Lightning.
Sponsored