• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Austin owners

RRINN

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Heads up if you need service on your Lightning, Covert on 183 is not the place to go.
Thanks for the info. That's good to know. 10 days is ridiculous. Maybe try Mack Haik in Georgetown.
Sponsored

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Hi all! Picked up a ā€˜newā€™ 22 lariat ER last week. I live in the Arboretum area, so if you see a white one - wave and Iā€™ll wave back!

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
Hi all! Picked up a ā€˜newā€™ 22 lariat ER last week. I live in the Arboretum area, so if you see a white one - wave and Iā€™ll wave back!
Welcome! The quotes around new mean what - dealer mannequin?

Sponsored

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER, 2014 Honda Pilot
I never saw this thread. So I'm posting here now. I'm in Round Rock on the border of Georgetown. I saw a grey lightning this morning in my neighborhood. I gave the guy a huge wave out the window as he drove by. Looked like he had a child's toy in the back.

I bought from Mac Haik and had a great experience aside from the freight damage the truck came with. Still trying to get it completely fixed.

After I had it for a week or so, I met a guy taking his lightning back up to Dallas when he stopped to charge at the Round Rock outlets. It just so happened there was a guy with a platinum charging at the same time. I think he might have lived in Cedar Park.

I had a service panel upgrade, a 100-amp breaker added on the primary panel, and my FCSP installed by Hart Electrical services. It's worked flawlessly and they billed me for way under their projection because in the end, they only charge for the parts and actual hours worked vs. bidding a crazy flat dollar amount. However, they don't do solar, so don't use them if you want it installed with the HIS.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
I had a service panel upgrade, a 100-amp breaker added on the primary panel, and my FCSP installed by Hart Electrical services.
Thanks for this. 8 months on the limp cable, I should get around to a real charger

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
You can add my Oxford White Lariat ER to the list of Lightnings to be found in Austin whenever I get it. Originally scheduled for a 2/18 build date (before the fire!). Since most of 2/6's seem to be in production now...

My wife and I will be visiting a daughter in Austin frequently and looking for good places to charge up around South Central Austin to make the return trip to San Antonio without having to fully charge before leaving home to make the entire round trip and want to still arrive home with a fat SOC safety margin. Seems Austin has a lot of slow chargers, and on the way, other than San Marcos, most worthwhile chargers are at car dealerships! Never having driven an EV in Texas yet, my ignorance reigns supreme! šŸ˜€ My daughter's rented place was built in 1950, has a gas dryer (no 240 for that!), 15A circuits, IIRC, and the only 240 being the AC condenser! If I could find two out-of-phase 120V circuits they're not using, I might get 6 or 7 miles per hour charging added with a QuickSystems 220 device, but she and her hubby didn't exactly jump up and down when I suggested running extensions cords out of the front of their house to my truck and taking over circuit branches they need. https://quick220.com/pages/15-ampere-systems-straight-blade-outlet-package

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just realized this morning that instead of saving the difference between gas cost for a 15mpg F-150 and the electricity cost of my Lighting, I'm paying about $50 per year (not counting occasional road trips) total. I signed up for the Plug-in Austin subscription and now I just plug into one of the level 2 chargers in the parking garage at work each day. I have a 50-mile round trip commute and get about 50-60 miles back in electricity every day. I haven't plugged in and charged at home in a couple months. Even if I run errands on the weekend, after a week of work, the truck is filled back up over the course of the week. I thought he access to these slow AC chargers would be a minor perk, but it's turning into significant savings. If you work at a location in Travis county with one of the chargpoint level 2 chargers, consider signing up for the plan and top up your truck each day at work.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
I just realized this morning that instead of saving the difference between gas cost for a 15mpg F-150 and the electricity cost of my Lighting, I'm paying about $50 per year (not counting occasional road trips) total. I signed up for the Plug-in Austin subscription and now I just plug into one of the level 2 chargers in the parking garage at work each day. I have a 50-mile round trip commute and get about 50-60 miles back in electricity every day. I haven't plugged in and charged at home in a couple months. Even if I run errands on the weekend, after a week of work, the truck is filled back up over the course of the week. I thought he access to these slow AC chargers would be a minor perk, but it's turning into significant savings. If you work at a location in Travis county with one of the chargpoint level 2 chargers, consider signing up for the plan and top up your truck each day at work.
thats great

Iā€™m the inverse case: signed up for the plan but donā€™t work near one, so Iā€™m just burning money ā€¦ keep forgetting to cancel

Sponsored

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
Whenā€™s the first meet?
There was supposed to be one this coming Saturday organized on the CTX EV truck Facebook group but it looks like it was canceled. It was also supposed to be at Rudys so no value was lost on its cancellation.:p

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I merged in front of a lightning on the freeway this morning in downtown Austin. I tried to wave at her, but I don't think she saw me. We both took the southbound exit at 8th street. It was a blue lightning with a plate that said "NOW LSTN" I think. Or something similar.

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Two Lightning sightings in two days! I saw this blue lariat with new temporary plates at the top of Frost Tower on 4th and Congress this morning.

Ford F-150 Lightning Austin owners PXL_20230427_140853373

thedadlegend

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smoked Quartz Lariat ER
I saw two as well! A White Pro and a dark grey (carbonized?), both near HEB on Spicewood Springs/183.

Thinking I need a f150lightningforum.com sticker or something :p
Sponsored