• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Avalanche Lightning Arrived. It honestly just looks white.

OP
OP

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
I dont think funny is the word I'd use. It wouldn't be the first time in the past year Ford has screwed up their build and price tool. The top picture looks like Oxford White to me.

Two users on this thread both say the bottom picture looks like our actual trucks. I can see we just won't see eye to eye on this one. Sorry that the truck didn't work out for you!
Fair enough, but I'm saying the top picture looks like my actual truck. I wish it looked like the bottom picture.
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Fair enough, but I'm saying the top picture looks like my actual truck. I wish it looked like the bottom picture.
I'm in no way saying you're wrong, but if it really looks that white to you... it's worth verifying on the Window Sticker that you did get Avalanche and the dealer didn't accidentally order Oxford White. Another forum user had a dealer order Black instead of AMB...

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I ordered Iconic Silver, but was contemplating changing to Avalanche as I really like ceramic type colors. But, way before I thought they would ("available Spring 2023") Ford picked up my order for production, and so Iconic Silver it is.

cobraowner

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Cobra Convertible, 2022 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Owner
I'm currently waiting for an Avalanche Platinum lightning to be delivered any day now.

These colors can be difficult to judge. every picture I've seen looks different. My dealer has a f150 Rattler in Avalance and it looks completely different than every picture I've seen including the one a friend send me from the ford f-150 production line.

Lighting makes a major difference in how this color looks in a lot of ways.

OP
OP

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
I'm currently waiting for an Avalanche Platinum lightning to be delivered any day now.

These colors can be difficult to judge. every picture I've seen looks different. My dealer has a f150 Rattler in Avalance and it looks completely different than every picture I've seen including the one a friend send me from the ford f-150 production line.

Lighting makes a major difference in how this color looks in a lot of ways.
I certainly agree with you that avalanche is a hard color to gauge in pictures, but I do think it's very strange that the renderings of avalanche on Ford's website are very different AND in person the lightning I ordered looks two shades lighter than the avalanche-colored raptor I saw in person.

Sponsored

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
That's interesting. Thanks.
But take a look at this. One picture is from my reservation and one picture is from the F150 build and price tool right now. That is not close.

F150 now.JPG

Lightning Reservation.JPG
here is a side by side of my Oxford white super duty and my avalanche

Ford F-150 Lightning Avalanche Lightning Arrived.  It honestly just looks white. 6BC48041-21CE-429F-A166-E394049E9658

Ford F-150 Lightning Avalanche Lightning Arrived.  It honestly just looks white. 3C45AAFB-4858-439E-95FA-230CCAE1A074

Ford F-150 Lightning Avalanche Lightning Arrived.  It honestly just looks white. 0520A046-0A6C-4CA9-A955-EFA710FF937C

OP
OP

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
Interesting, thanks!
Here is a comparison of the contrast between the white border and the paint on your truck and on the truck I ordered. Not 100% sure, but it des seem like yours has more contrast. I don't know.

Ford F-150 Lightning Avalanche Lightning Arrived.  It honestly just looks white. White Contrast other lightning.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning Avalanche Lightning Arrived.  It honestly just looks white. White Contrast My Lightning.JPG

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
Interesting, thanks!
Here is a comparison of the contrast between the white border and the paint on your truck and on the truck I ordered. Not 100% sure, but it des seem like yours has more contrast. I don't know.

White Contrast other lightning.JPG

White Contrast My Lightning.JPG
I’m person it definitely seems darker to me and pretty close to the pictures online when I ordered it. I knew about that color because there are a couple avalanche raptors around my town so I knew I would like it and knew the black rims /no chrome on the lightning would make it look darker. I knew the second I saw in in person it was the color I wanted.
Interesting that the cab looks so much darker than the bed in that photo.
it’s the sun poking through behind my house into the back of the driveway

if it’s in some shade it looks pretty close to the color online. If it’s in full sun it looks lighter for sure

OP
OP

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
I’m person it definitely seems darker to me and pretty close to the pictures online when I ordered it. I knew about that color because there are a couple avalanche raptors around my town so I knew I would like it and knew the black rims /no chrome on the lightning would make it look darker. I knew the second I saw in in person it was the color I wanted.

it’s the sun poking through behind my house into the back of the driveway

if it’s in some shade it looks pretty close to the color online. If it’s in full sun it looks lighter for sure
It's certainly not a huge deal either way. I posted this thread because I think, in person, the truck I received looks closer to oxford white than I expected based on the other Avalanche-colored vehicles I've seen and the pictures on the website. But it's still a good looking truck all the same. But if someone is going to order Avalanche, they should really see a few in person if they can. Because the picture on my reservation looks way darker than the truck looks in person, just to me, so that could happen to other people as well.

Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT

Yabra2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Taking photos of the avalanche will be tricky on normal phones without the correct white balance adjustments. The phone might think it is white and adjust it's white balance to make it so.

You need a DSLR camera and a gray white balance card to fix the white balance to perfection.

khatch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, 2021 Bronco, 2023 Lightning
I'm curious if you drove the Lightning before making your decision to cancel.

OP
OP

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
I'm curious if you drove the Lightning before making your decision to cancel.
No I didn’t. If we hadn’t moved forward with the Bronco instead, I certainly would have gone in and driven the lightning before deciding. But since we had basically gone a different way I just didn’t want to even do that, to be honest.
Sponsored