• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bedrug concerns

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
I installed bedrug's bed mat. Doesn't have a tailgate piece and I don't see the benefit of covering the vertical sides.
This is what I did, too. And for the same reasons.

I haven't done a spray-in liner yet. I'm gonna let it go for 6 months or so and make the decision then if I really need one. If I decide I do, I guess I'll have to reach out to bedrug to get new velcro pieces to re-install.
Having installed the full rug, and being very satisfied with it, I could have lived with just the BedRug mat and been just as happy….and saved the time of trimming the full rug to fit around the bed lights, switch, and ProPower panel.😎.

That said, I do like the full install for all of the reasons @hturnerfamily stated in his post……..
Sponsored

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
I haven't done a spray-in liner yet. I'm gonna let it go for 6 months or so and make the decision then if I really need one. If I decide I do, I guess I'll have to reach out to bedrug to get new velcro pieces to re-install.
I have the spray in bed liner and just ordered the bed mat from Amazon as they currently have it for 20% off ($134 vs. 168)

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Bedrug is 10% off November 1-22, $407.70 + tax, free shipping, which seems like a good deal.
That is a good deal. They were running about $454 minimum when I was looking.

As others did, I went went with just the Bedrug for the bed. I got one from Amazon Warehouse in 'Good' condition for $144. Other than a beat-up box, I couldn't tell it had ever been unrolled. I really like it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R6M00DM

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Found a vendor on Amazon for under $400. Very lightweight, but fairly stiff foam. Pretty amazing how they manufactured it to fit so closely to the bed shape and fittings with indentations for where velcro is to be placed and cuts to be made. Interesting having the sides zip all around to the bottom section; that could have been eliminated, the sides and front could be separate sections. Not perfect, but pretty close usually. The side to front corner just fits in the 1/4" gap behind the springs of the BAK Revolver X4s roll-up cover. Not sure if the sides really are needed. Probably could have come up about half way up the sides, below the cleats and over the wheel wheels instead of tucking all the way up under the rails. If you have wood dividers that use the indents in the sides or wheelwells, the sides would interfere. I wish the bed rug bottom was another 1/4"+ thicker for just a bit more padding for my knobby knees. Took me a bunch of time to find the bolt holes to re-install the cleats and hooks in the corners. For me, I think it was a 6 hour job. The bed to tailgate section can get pushed down in the gap and that will not allow the tailgate to close, so need to "train" that to have a bulge upward when closing, it seems. I covered the plastic ruler section of the tailgate for now. Image shows it upside down with the velcro positions. Temperature was just into the 60Fs, so I hope the stickiness of the tape will work out. Did spend 15 seconds a velcro location to press each one to the bed.
Ford F-150 Lightning Bedrug concerns IMG_20221129_153558687

Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
... I wish the bed rug bottom was another 1/4"+ thicker for just a bit more padding for my knobby knees.
The BedRug Impact is exactly this. Installed mine Friday and love the padded floor.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
Even after snotty answers in multiple chats on the DualLiner website, I purchased their product. A short time later I got a backordered email (with no notice during purchase), so canceled it and I bought the BedRug instead.

Having opened it in preparation of the truck coming, I have a few concerns:

1. It seems pretty lightweight. Has anyone had durability issues with hauling loose materials like sand, soil, etc...?

2. Does it make sent to add a rubber mat over it on the floor of the bed?

3. I don't want the tailgate cover, and did not know it was integral. I contacted RealTruck and they pointed me to BedRug. BedRug support said removing it will void the warranty. They suggested to either de-velcro it when I need the work surface (with the caveat that the velcro will wear out), or remove the work surface and install it underneath, installing the surface over it. Any suggestion on resolving this by cutting it off (or others?)?
I love my FULL bed rug and it seems very cushy on the knees, nice to have to keep anything from 'rubbing' against the bare metal of the bed/sides, and is easy to vacuum... for water, while my tri-fold tonnou is not leak proof, the water seems to collect on the surface for a while, but eventually drains thru and out the bed channels. Since the bedrug has integrated foam 'runner inserts' to keep the bedrug as a 'flat' surface, there is the ability for water to move away from it's surface and eventually out the end of the bed, etc.

I've even slept overnight in my bed, with the bedrug providing great comfort, even with my tri-fold tonnou closed. Sweet. A nice option to have. And the outlets give me a way to have a fan for air movement, a heater for colder temps, and even charging the iphone and laptop, while streaming DishTV channels from my home's hopper. Sweet.

I find that the fit and finish of the FULL Bedrug is perfect. And I DO like the integrated tailgate cover for my PRO.

OP
OP
PV2EV

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
The BedRug Impact is exactly this. Installed mine Friday and love the padded floor.
I added a Ford bed mat on top of the Bedrug, and the combo is great on the knees!

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I had a full BedRug in my last F-150.

Then I decided to get just the mat this time so I could avoid the time cutting the lights, buttons and ProPower, but I hated hauling around moving blankets to try to avoid scratches on the wheel bumps… and ended up getting tons of scratches anyway.

So, I just picked up another FULL BedRug. There’s nothing else like it. I highly recommend it.

It’s not only soft and comfy… It does a great job of keeping things from rattling or moving around. More often than not when I put something in the bed it stays exactly where I left it without moving at all, and when it does, it’s quiet and I don’t hurt my knees crawling to the back to get anything that does move.

That said, I’m not looking forward to cutting around the lights or the light button.

Sponsored

hikinbengal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Outback, Jeep TJ, Audi A3
Occupation
Engineering Progam Manager
I had a full BedRug in my last F-150.

Then I decided to get just the mat this time so I could avoid the time cutting the lights, buttons and ProPower, but I hated hauling around moving blankets to try to avoid scratches on the wheel bumps… and ended up getting tons of scratches anyway.

So, I just picked up another FULL BedRug. There’s nothing else like it. I highly recommend it.

It’s not only soft and comfy… It does a great job of keeping things from rattling or moving around. More often than not when I put something in the bed it stays exactly where I left it without moving at all, and when it does, it’s quiet and I don’t hurt my knees crawling to the back to get anything that does move.

That said, I’m not looking forward to cutting around the lights or the light button.
use this video for instructions on cutting the openings. It came out clean around all mine and the rug was thin enough to have the clips snap in.

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
I plan on getting my Bed Rug closer to Spring, as I want it to be around 70 when I install it, so the Velcro adheres well.
I plan to get the full bedrug, because I had one on my Ram 1500 that I kept in, and the BedRug did a great job of keeping dust from coming up the tailgate gap. Since I camp in the back, that is worth it.

Thebear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT PB | 2023 Lightning Lariat
Just installed one last night. Took about 4 hours and there was a lot of cutting and trimming to make everything fit just right. Looks awesome now but in the middle of it all I was questioning my life’s choices.

Good luck!

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
use this video for instructions on cutting the openings. It came out clean around all mine and the rug was thin enough to have the clips snap in.

That's a great video. I noticed he put it above the mat on the right side and under it on the left. Perhaps he cut too much.

When I did my last F-150, I struggled quite a bit with making everything fit. I trimmed out a lot of padding to make it thin, then pushed it all the way in. Not easy. I like the idea of making it stay in place by just making the cuts tight and using Velcro.

I did likewise with the light button. It was a struggle, but I think I'll keep the button in place this time and instead of marking it with a dot, I'll make a cut. After all, you can't see a marking in the dark, but it will be easy finding the cut.

If the weather holds up, I'll give it a try today. First, I have to remove my BedRug Mat (which is a shame, that cost me $150).

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
I completed the install over the weekend. Here are a few key points.

1. To remove the lights, pry from the bottom. That's where the clip is.

2. You don't actually need to unplug the power from the lights. Once I cut a slit, I just pushed it through.

3. Use a GOOD BLADE. I started using a standard utility knife, but had MUCH more control when I decided to use an Exacto Knife. Cuts were super smooth and accurate so all the cuts are clean.

4. Unlike my last F-150, I decided not to remove the light button. I just cut a hole out. Sure, it's not as neat, but it's pretty good.

5. Unlike my last F-150, I didn't stress about pushing the lights all the way in until they "snapped" into place. In fact, they're somewhat loose, but definitely not falling out. I can always get some Velcro later if it becomes a problem, but I don't think I'll need it.

6. I didn't bother pulling out the ProPower box. I just cut around it. I guess I could pull it out, then push the rug behind it, but I don't think that's needed either.

** EDIT ** Sorry @Administrator for the duplicate images. I got errors uploading the pictures, then tried again and now they won't go away and every time I try to edit, they keep coming back.

Ford F-150 Lightning Bedrug concerns IMG_1186

Ford F-150 Lightning Bedrug concerns IMG_1187

Ford F-150 Lightning Bedrug concerns IMG_1188

Ford F-150 Lightning Bedrug concerns IMG_1189

Ford F-150 Lightning Bedrug concerns IMG_1190

Ford F-150 Lightning Bedrug concerns IMG_1191

Ford F-150 Lightning Bedrug concerns IMG_1192

Ford F-150 Lightning Bedrug concerns IMG_1187

Ford F-150 Lightning Bedrug concerns IMG_1188

Ford F-150 Lightning Bedrug concerns IMG_1189

Ford F-150 Lightning Bedrug concerns IMG_1190

Ford F-150 Lightning Bedrug concerns IMG_1191