• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Best Noco boost device for a Lightning?

Basis0439

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
I like carrying a portable jumper in my EV. Any suggestions on best Noco variant to buy for the Lightning?
Sponsored

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
I can't comment on Noco brand but I have 3 different lithium jump starters I've bought since 2018 which are all around 20000mAH with peak ranking from 1500a-2500a. I believe the most expensive was $60 and the cheapest was around $20 due to an Amazon coupon stacking error. All 3 still work well although the older one has swollen some (Texas heat). I always go for the ones that can start a V8 or larger diesel, because they generally have higher capacity. I used them to jump my old ICE vehicles multiple times and the larger capacity allowed them to retain most of their charge. Keep in mind you may be helping other people jump their vehicles and the larger capacity is always nice. However, you could probably go with a smaller model if you have to since the 12v battery on our trucks is so small.

Project Farm has some Youtube reviews they have done on different brands, so you may want to check them out.

awilli1010

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning, 22 maverick, old ass Harley.
Occupation
Retired Army, retired Government employee.
I have the noco gb70 that I carry under the back seat. It’s very good and has saved a few of my friends and family. I haven’t had to use it on the lightning yet. It’s currently on sale at Amazon.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
I've had the GB40 from Noco for a while but it's been a let down the past few times I've needed it (not for the Lightning). May just go back to an OG styled jump box.

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR, 2011 Flex
Maybe a stupid question but why would you need something like this for the Lightning? I get having it on hand to help others.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I've had the GB40 from Noco for a while but it's been a let down the past few times I've needed it (not for the Lightning). May just go back to an OG styled jump box.
Yeah, the GB40 did poorly in the Project Farm review especially given the premium price. The GB70 did much better.
Maybe a stupid question but why would you need something like this for the Lightning? I get having it on hand to help others.
These batteries will eventually die like any other if not replaced at end of life. The owners manual has a procedure for jump-starting and there are dedicated jump points under the passenger frunk trim.
From Owners Manual: "Your vehicle has a 12 volt battery that is easily accessible under the hood. The 12 volt battery controls the switches and contacts that engage the high voltage battery. "

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
I have a G3500 and a smaller G750. The G3500 has advance features like a pulse mode to desulfate and attempt to recover deeply discharged batters. I especially like NOCO for their safety features. There are cheap charges that can harm your vehicle but NOCO errors on the safe side. It will stop charging if things are not right. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of their products.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
A couple weeks ago me and a bunch buddies did a weekend MC road trip to the White Mountains, in the course of the weekend, 2 of the 7 bikes had battery issues, no one was carrying a jump pack. We were able to get a new battery for one late Saturday afternoon in Laconia, but the other bike broke down at the Hooksett Tolls rest area, had to wait for a friend of a friend to come with another branded jump pack, he saved the day

When we got home I immediately order directly from NoCo, this is what I posted on the Harley-Davidson Forum today:

Missed the boat on that sale, but still glad I have mine now,

Got this for the truck/car, this will be stowed in the Lightning
GB150Boost PRO 3000A UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter

Got this for the bikes, this will be packed in the saddlebag on every road trip.
GBC007Boost Eyelet Cable w/ X-Connect Adapter
GB50Boost XL 1500A UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter

2019 Street Glide Special &
2006 VRXSE Destroyer best ET: 9.661 @ 134.12 mph & 60ft 1.394

Fryballin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat 511A Iced Blue, Max Tow
I like carrying a portable jumper in my EV. Any suggestions on best Noco variant to buy for the Lightning?
Ford F-150 Lightning Best Noco boost device for a Lightning? IMG_5869

I bought the NOCO GBX55 back in the summer to help a friend who had a bad alternator on a Toyota Highlander while our families were on a trip together. We replaced the alternator but still needed a way to jump the battery to start the car, I didn’t have jumper cables but wanted a jump box like this to store in the truck in case the 12 volt in my lightning ever went dead and I was stranded somewhere. I would have liked to had the next size up (I think the gbx75) but none of the parts stores where we were had that size. However, this one has been awesome. So handy and super powerful. I’ve jump a vehicle with it 2-3 times, jumped a 6.6 duramax with one good battery and one bad one, jumped a back hoe that had a totally dead battery twice (in a 20 minute span), and also jumped a tractor on the farm with it. It can charge with a 60 watt usb -C charger in an hour to full or 5 minutes gives enough power to jump a vehicle. It keeps it charge level for months. It’s super compact to fit with my other tools and supplies in the lower frunk compartment. It’s also got the safety features to prevent you from messing things up or hurting yourself. I would highly recommend this or any of the next sizes up if you can swing it.
Sponsored