• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BlueCruise has a lead foot...

bartlee

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Designer
I did my second long trip last weekend and I've had a couple of instances where BlueCruise changes its speed setting on its own. It happens when I'm set around 65-70mph for a while and then I'll look down and see the speed changed to 80mph (in a 70 speed zone). I didn't hit any pedals or interact with the wheel in any way. I've noticed this happen a few different times. Anyone else seeing this?
Sponsored

OP
OP
bartlee

bartlee

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Designer
Turn off the speed limit recognition. Its in the settings menu.
The highest speed limit in CA is 70, to my knowledge. Even if it were 80, seems dangerous for the truck to speed up on its own without any kind of visual or audible cue.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
The highest speed limit in CA is 70, to my knowledge. Even if it were 80, seems dangerous for the truck to speed up on its own without any kind of visual or audible cue.
No argument here..I think the whole thing is unsafe if it can't accurately read signs.

(There is instances on multiple Ford vehicles of the system incorrectly reading the signs).

That is why I prefer to leave mine on regular adaptive.

OrangeCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat Antimatter Blue
I believe it is the "Speed Limit Assist" you want turn off or at least set the Tolerance to 0. I was confused with this at first as well and thought cruise was acting weird. I set the tolerance to 10 and when it read a speed limit sign and the cruise is on, it changed the set point to limit+10!

Sponsored

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
I believe it is the "Speed Limit Assist" you want turn off or at least set the Tolerance to 0. I was confused with this at first as well and thought cruise was acting weird. I set the tolerance to 10 and when it read a speed limit sign and the cruise is on, it changed the set point to limit+10!
I think you can tell the truck whether or not to adjust based on changes to the speed limit, and if you allow it to adjust, you can set the tolerance +/- the speed limit. Sounds like you are set at +10.

Hey @Ford Motor Company: how about a couple of tolerance settings, so we can be at/below the speed limit when it is, say, 40 or under, but maybe a bit higher tolerance at highway speeds?

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Confirm you need to turn off Intelligent adaptive cruise control. Owners manual explains how it works.

I had to turn it off since we have express lanes that parallel the main lanes. TXDOT confusingly places those speed limit signs (5-10 mph higher) between the two sets of lanes and it was triggering an increase to my cruise setting.

I think Speed Sign recognition tolerance just warns you when your your speed (cruise or not) is above the tolerance. (Also in Owners manual)

OP
OP
bartlee

bartlee

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Designer
Confirm you need to turn off Intelligent adaptive cruise control.
Yep, I had my tolerance set at +10. I always thought adaptive cruise control meant the vehicle would slow down to avoid running into slower vehicles and then resuming the set speed when clear. Didn't realize this was an option.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I did my second long trip last weekend and I've had a couple of instances where BlueCruise changes its speed setting on its own. It happens when I'm set around 65-70mph for a while and then I'll look down and see the speed changed to 80mph (in a 70 speed zone). I didn't hit any pedals or interact with the wheel in any way. I've noticed this happen a few different times. Anyone else seeing this?
Good morning, Bart! I'd like to look into this for you. For assistance, send over a private message with your VIN and dealership info at your earliest convenience.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Yep, I had my tolerance set at +10. I always thought adaptive cruise control meant the vehicle would slow down to avoid running into slower vehicles and then resuming the set speed when clear. Didn't realize this was an option.
Good morning, Bart! I'd like to look into this for you. For assistance, send over a private message with your VIN and dealership info at your earliest convenience.
Nothing to resolve @Ford Motor Company, since he has realized it was his settings.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
User error as noted. The +10 setting got me too until I changed it to +5.
Sponsored