• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BMS Reset - Unwanted side effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drillerr

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram Limited
I did the BMS reset to try and get the latest software update to work, unfortunately that has caused some unwanted side affects.

1. The big center screen and the dash screen now don't come on when opening the door.
2. A different splash screen now displays with just the Ford oval.
3. When you turn off the truck it doesn't go into accessory mode. It just shuts down everything and the center screen displays this:
Ford F-150 Lightning BMS Reset - Unwanted side effects img_0854-jpe

I tried doing a sync reset and it didn't change anything. And as a final note, the update still did not work. If anyone has any ideas to get things back to normal I would appreciate it.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Your 12v battery is low. The vehicle will not update until you get it charged back up. Put it on a trickle charger, or drive long enough to charge it.

OP
OP

Drillerr

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram Limited
Thanks. I've had it on a charger a couple of times before trying the BMS reset. My bigger concern now is getting my truck back to the way it was before the reset.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Thanks. I've had it on a charger a couple of times before trying the BMS reset. My bigger concern now is getting my truck back to the way it was before the reset.
I replied to your comment on that other thread, but I'll post it here as well. Your 12V battery is very low. This behavior is indicative of that. Throwing it on the trickle charger should solve the issue but sometimes the system will lag in acknowledging the battery being replenished and continue with the power saving condition.

So here's what you can do to speed it up:

1. Disconnect the negative 12V battery cable
2. Wait about a minute, then reconnect it
3. Start the truck, disable the powerdown timer and let the truck run for at least an hour.

Not only will this recharge the 12V battery to a decent degree, it will also better allow the newly reset BMS to communicate with the BCM and PCM.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP

Drillerr

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram Limited
I replied to your comment on that other thread, but I'll post it here as well. Your 12V battery is very low. This behavior is indicative of that. Throwing it on the trickle charger should solve the issue but sometimes the system will lag in acknowledging the battery being replenished and continue with the power saving condition.

So here's what you can do to speed it up:

1. Disconnect the negative 12V battery cable
2. Wait about a minute, then reconnect it
3. Start the truck, disable the powerdown timer and let the truck run for at least an hour.

Not only will this recharge the 12V battery to a decent degree, it will also better allow the newly reset BMS to communicate with the BCM and PCM.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for your help. I disconnected the battery (My splash screens came back! Good sign). I'm now letting it run...fingers crossed.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Drillerr

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram Limited
Thanks again for your help @ctuan13. Your advice did the trick. The truck is restored back to normal and the update finally worked! This is probably the answer for those who have had many failures, like me.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Thanks again for your help @ctuan13. Your advice did the trick. The truck is restored back to normal and the update finally worked! This is probably the answer for those who have had many failures, like me.
You're more than welcome, I'm glad to hear it worked!

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
How did you reset the BMS?

OP
OP

Drillerr

First Name
Darin
Threads