• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Buying reasons importance hierarchy ranking -- what's yours?

What order are these 3 Lightning benefits on your importance list?

• Total voters
OP
OP
luebri

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Bumping the results because I find them fascinating...

Ford F-150 Lightning Buying reasons importance hierarchy ranking -- what's yours? Screen Shot 2022-09-10 at 10.21.32 PM
Sponsored

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Bumping the results because I find them fascinating...

Screen Shot 2022-09-10 at 10.21.32 PM.png
I'm in the minority here but I definitely bought the truck for the green aspect of it. I drive my truck as a car almost every day, I drive my truck as a truck probably 3x a week (amazing how many friends/parents/neighbors need stuff moved or picked up from Home Depot!) and I can't afford to own two vehicles so I'm stuck with 17mpg daily. This vehicle solved so many problems for me I can't wait till I receive it. The performance is a cool bonus, but not the #1 reason for me. I guess poorer people have different priorities.

OP
OP
luebri

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm in the minority here but I definitely bought the truck for the green aspect of it. I drive my truck as a car almost every day, I drive my truck as a truck probably 3x a week (amazing how many friends/parents/neighbors need stuff moved or picked up from Home Depot!) and I can't afford to own two vehicles so I'm stuck with 17mpg daily. This vehicle solved so many problems for me I can't wait till I receive it. The performance is a cool bonus, but not the #1 reason for me. I guess poorer people have different priorities.
So Eco to be "Eco" (no tailpipe emissions) or Eco to save $$ (Vehicle Savings) ?

For me it is definitely the savings! I get 14 MPG in my truck so I am excited about the hundreds a month Im going to save for sure! I will never not have a pickup truck though... I use my bed for stuff all the time just like you said.

Last edited:

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
So Eco to be "Eco" (no tailpipe emissions) or Eco to save $$ (Vehicle Savings) ?

For me it is definitely the savings! I get 14 MPG in my truck so I am excited about the hundred a month Im going to safe for sure! I will never not have a pickup truck though... I use my bed for stuff all the time just like you said.
It’s this for me. If they had a truck with 30-40 MPG I’d get that for sure. The emissions doesn’t matter for me right now. It’s savings on gas, and performance for me.

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Environment #1, Cost #2. Thats why the 40k Pro with the 7.5k rebate (plus 2k NYS) was so attractive to me. I could help the environment and save some money at the same time.

Sponsored
OP
OP
luebri

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
We have lots of new members... bumping to the top for those that have not voted yet

khatch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, 2021 Bronco, 2023 Lightning
Interesting results. I've driven trucks my whole life because they have so many uses. They can be the daily driver, tow, haul, family vacation, off road, customizable. Most cars can only be the daily driver and a snug family vacation car.

Now add to the list better performance, quieter, cheaper to fuel, cheaper to maintain, good for the environment, and a lockable truck. We will probably not see another step up like this in our lifetimes, unless cars become airplanes and/or boats.

Reactions: MBM

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
My main reasons aren't listed. This is the only giant sized EV that is actually for sale and not 100k+. I'll use it as a truck occasionally, but largely I don't need a truck. I just want a big SUV that is electric, everything else is either a fortune or a tiny hatchback, or impossible to buy.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
You know the more i look at this poll the more i really cant pin point which is my main reason. @Pioneer74 hits the mark on hating my sometimes 3 times a week gas station stops (my fusion is down to like 350 miles a tank now). When I look at all 3 options you listed i dont think any one reason is primary, performance is probably 3rd out of the three but since having kids ive become more and more aware of how my decisions will impact their future and not sure i could afford to drive a 3.5l daily, charging at home on solar and $0.08 Kwh on grid makes this much cheaper.

OP
OP
luebri

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Been a while… poll bumped
Sponsored