• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Capital Ford Raleigh NC Service

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
There are plenty of horror stories on here about dealers so I thought I should post about a positive experience. I contacted my SA at Capital back at the end of September to get the lightbar, dash mat, BECM, and heated steering wheel updates done. They got the parts on order and contacted Ford to verify that I did not need a battery module. The technician wanted to do the BECM update right away so on October 4 they picked up my truck about 9 am and returned it to my house around 2:30 with the updated software.

While we were waiting on parts the issue with the heated steering wheel came up so I didn't push them. Once that was resolved I reached back out and they were waiting for one more part. Since I was planning three road trips in November I went ahead and scheduled the service for the week after Thanksgiving. On 11/28 they picked up my truck at my house at 9:30 and it was returned about 5:15 with all of the the recalls and CSPs (including the charge cord one that came out after my initial contact) completed.

The first few months Capital seemed to struggle to work on EVs but they continue to get better. Overall I've been very happy with them.
Sponsored

benderofbows

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro; 2009 F-150 (SOLD); 2022 Bronco
Awesome! Cooper Ford in Carthage, NC is fantastic as well.

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Crossroads Ford of Wake Forest was good to me when my battery module was replaced. Just a couple miles from Capital Ford.

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
Believe it or not, Kenly Ford which is a very small dealer about 30 minutes south east of Raleigh on I95 has been great for me. I'm not sure they even have an EV tech. Its your typical small town rural ford dealer that probably sells just as many f250s/f350s as they do anything else. They replaced a battery module earlier this year in about a week and are now doing the light bar, dash matt, and the CSPs. They offer me an oil change every now and then which is still funny.

beast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning XLT SR 312A
Love to see this. Bought my truck from Leith ford in Wendell NC. Haven’t had a problem yet. They have one ev tech. They said they did the update before I picked up the truck. Glad to know other places are close by.

Sponsored

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I bought my Lightning Lariat from Capital Ford on Monday. I live down near Fuquay, so am considering using Crossroads of Fuquay for service/convenience.
Anyone have insights on t their EV prowess?

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
There are plenty of horror stories on here about dealers so I thought I should post about a positive experience. I contacted my SA at Capital back at the end of September to get the lightbar, dash mat, BECM, and heated steering wheel updates done. They got the parts on order and contacted Ford to verify that I did not need a battery module. The technician wanted to do the BECM update right away so on October 4 they picked up my truck about 9 am and returned it to my house around 2:30 with the updated software.

While we were waiting on parts the issue with the heated steering wheel came up so I didn't push them. Once that was resolved I reached back out and they were waiting for one more part. Since I was planning three road trips in November I went ahead and scheduled the service for the week after Thanksgiving. On 11/28 they picked up my truck at my house at 9:30 and it was returned about 5:15 with all of the the recalls and CSPs (including the charge cord one that came out after my initial contact) completed.

The first few months Capital seemed to struggle to work on EVs but they continue to get better. Overall I've been very happy with them.
Just like we should name and shame crappy service from dealers, we should also call out good service.
Sponsored