• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charge Station Pro Problems

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Still struggling to get the update or even try to find it via the charge station pro app it never picks it up if I wanted to reset. On v64 and was overheating so went down to 60 amps and unable to change. I tried the red button with a power cycle but then just goes back to blue lights.
There is no way I could find a menu item to search for/install FCSP software updates from within the appā€¦.my ā€68ā€ update just showed up as installed about 5 days after the install during which I connected it to my home WiFi networkā€¦ā€¦no notificationsā€¦ā€¦it Just installedā€¦ā€¦
Sponsored

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
There is no way I could find a menu item to search for/install FCSP software updates from within the appā€¦.my ā€68ā€ update just showed up as installed about 5 days after the install during which I connected it to my home WiFi networkā€¦ā€¦no notificationsā€¦ā€¦it Just installedā€¦ā€¦
@Maverick87r My situation was the same as for @Firestop . It was only after I established a reliable connection to the home WiFi then, after that, the system updated itself a few days later.

Maverick87r

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Just not sure how to tell that itā€™s even still connected to the internet? Just solid blue

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Just not sure how to tell that itā€™s even still connected to the internet? Just solid blue
@Maverick87r You cannot tell from looking at the CSP unit. There is no light pattern on that unit which will tell you if the CSP is on line. You need to look at the app on your phone. I''m out of state right now so I cannot tell you how to do it. I belive it's the "install" app (not the FordPass app) where you can tell if the CSP is on line.

Maverick87r

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
@Maverick87r You cannot tell from looking at the CSP unit. There is no light pattern on that unit which will tell you if the CSP is on line. You need to look at the app on your phone. I''m out of state right now so I cannot tell you how to do it. I belive it's the "install" app (not the FordPass app) where you can tell if the CSP is on line.
Tried to charge Station app but everytime I try to search for the existing charger itā€™s never found.
Is there clear instructions on a reset? Red button was going white but then just turned back to blue even when flipping the breaker for a power cycle during reset.

Sponsored

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I did the reset but how long do I wait to power cycle? I just power cycle at the breaker right?
Mine would just reset and then turn back to blue.
I waited until the light turned white when using the reset button, then waited 5 minutes or so to see if the SSID appeared. When it didn't, I power cycled at the breaker (leave off 15 sec) and it appeared a few minutes later.

Maverick87r

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
I waited until the light turned white when using the reset button, then waited 5 minutes or so to see if the SSID appeared. When it didn't, I power cycled at the breaker (leave off 15 sec) and it appeared a few minutes later.
Finally got it going. Lights donā€™t really indicate much. I think even though it was blue it was still broadcasting that network and I just didnā€™t notice. Got it all reset and back on the WiFi. Hopefully that will get me the update.

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
did you install with aluminum or copper wiring? I've heard aluminum overheats and will cause it to stop charging.

Sponsored

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
did you install with aluminum or copper wiring? I've heard aluminum overheats and will cause it to stop charging.
The FCSP requires #3 copper - the appropriate aluminum size won't fit the terminals. You can use #1 AL wire to feed the required disconnect then use copper from the disconnect to the FCSP.

The aluminum doesn't overheat - the overheating issue comes from the positioning of the contactors inside the unit and an artificially low maximum temperature threshold in the FCSP's software. This has largely been rectified as of code version .68.

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
This is similar to what my electrician said.. so yes :) what he said :)

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
The FCSP requires #3 copper - the appropriate aluminum size won't fit the terminals. You can use #1 AL wire to feed the required disconnect then use copper from the disconnect to the FCSP.

The aluminum doesn't overheat - the overheating issue comes from the positioning of the contactors inside the unit and an artificially low maximum temperature threshold in the FCSP's software. This has largely been rectified as of code version .68.
This is what I did. 150ā€™ run. Last 3ā€™ #3Cu
works like charm after .68 update.

my trouble was extending Wi-Fi signal out to charger.

CTBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Finally linked my Pro to Ford Pass but am getting error message about overheating. Running software 2.112.64.o.o.o. Does the software update just download some random night or is there something I have to download and install?

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Finally linked my Pro to Ford Pass but am getting error message about overheating. Running software 2.112.64.o.o.o. Does the software update just download some random night or is there something I have to download and install?
It should update within a few days.
Sponsored