• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charge Station Pro Problems

O’Majestic1’slightnigF150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350 F250 F250 Taurus Cessna Super Air Natique
Occupation
Retired Engineer & Product Developer
For the folks who got the charge station pro did it come from sun run if you just get it sent? Waiting on a shipment notification now. Also beyond the heat issues any other install thoughts for those of us as out to install?
Don’t be in a hurry when you begin the initialization and turn up process for the Ford Charge Station Pro, FCSP. I recommend flipping the breaker and walking away for an hour. Then open the Ford charge station pro app and get connected via WiFi (not BlueTooth) between FCSP and your phone. Go get another drink but leave your phone by the charger. Come back and then link up with FordPass. Go get another drink. Patience is key. Follow the directions.
And if you are installing at an address not where sun run shipped the FCSP to, more booze, er patience will be needed. It’s not impossible to get the address updated and a name for the device created, but darn close. Just take your booze, er time. I recommend an uninterrupted Sunday afternoon.
Sponsored

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Don’t be in a hurry when you begin the initialization and turn up process for the Ford Charge Station Pro, FCSP. I recommend flipping the breaker and walking away for an hour. Then open the Ford charge station pro app and get connected via WiFi (not BlueTooth) between FCSP and your phone. Go get another drink but leave your phone by the charger. Come back and then link up with FordPass. Go get another drink. Patience is key. Follow the directions.
And if you are installing at an address not where sun run shipped the FCSP to, more booze, er patience will be needed. It’s not impossible to get the address updated and a name for the device created, but darn close. Just take your booze, er time. I recommend an uninterrupted Sunday afternoon.
Perfect advice. And given how the Patriots are playing, my Sunday afternoons are now free.

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
Anyone have their preferred charging window skipped randomly? Mine charging has been working as expected for a few weeks - plug in when I get home from work in the evening, preferred settings at Home set to 80%, 12am-6am, truck reads the battery level and the app usually says charging will start at 12am. Last night (Thurs) the app said charging would finish at 6am Friday. Normal behavior.

This morning (Friday) I went to precondition and noticed my battery was still at 33%. App now said charging will finish at 6am (Saturday). Like it completely missed my preferred window during the previous night. I had to select "start charging now" to get enough for my commute to/from work today. Was late but no big deal. Thankfully it was an uneventful Friday but if I had missed an important appointment I'd be much more frustrated. Not sure what happened and I'm hoping to prevent this issue. I didn't change anything else regarding preferred charging settings or location since it had been working reliably.

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Problems IMG_16415A641AB6-1
Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Problems IMG_0EE9EAE38704-1

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Anyone have their preferred charging window skipped randomly? Mine charging has been working as expected for a few weeks - plug in when I get home from work in the evening, preferred settings at Home set to 80%, 12am-6am, truck reads the battery level and the app usually says charging will start at 12am. Last night (Thurs) the app said charging would finish at 6am Friday. Normal behavior.

This morning (Friday) I went to precondition and noticed my battery was still at 33%. App now said charging will finish at 6am (Saturday). Like it completely missed my preferred window during the previous night. I had to select "start charging now" to get enough for my commute to/from work today. Was late but no big deal. Thankfully it was an uneventful Friday but if I had missed an important appointment I'd be much more frustrated. Not sure what happened and I'm hoping to prevent this issue. I didn't change anything else regarding preferred charging settings or location since it had been working reliably.

IMG_16415A641AB6-1.jpeg
IMG_0EE9EAE38704-1.jpeg
Has your truck received the 3.5.3 or 3.5.4 updates recently?

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
No, I just received 3.5.2 on 10/20, which was the first update pushed to me since I took delivery in Sept. Not sure why I'm behind.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
No, I just received 3.5.2 on 10/20, which was the first update pushed to me since I took delivery in Sept. Not sure why I'm behind.
Ok, well that's kind of good, in that nothing to point blame on.
My last session worked well with 3.5.3 and never a problem while on 3.5.2

Try shutting the FCSP down for ten minutes then restart, wait another 10 minutes then plug in for the next charging session to see how scheduled event goes.

LightningMcqueen

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150, 2021 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I had an issue like that. Cycle power breaker for charger and it worked again

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
My preferred window was skipped again last night (Tuesday 12am-6am). Here's another twist: I received 3.5.4 at some point after getting home and plugging in Monday 10/31. The last time my charge was skipped I also received an update 3.5.3 around the same time. I'm starting to think that if an update is scheduled between the time you plug in and your preferred charging time, your charge may be skipped and pushed to the next preferred time (next day). Either that or you have to trigger a new charge session (unplug/plug back in) to reset the charge window after an update. I'm going to try to schedule my updates to see if I can avoid this issue in the future.

gsquirrel02

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Pathfinder
I've got a question... not really a problem. Wondering if anyone else's FCSP clicks on and off while waiting to charge. Check the video.

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I've got a question... not really a problem. Wondering if anyone else's FCSP clicks on and off while waiting to charge. Check the video.
I've seen this behavior in the past, though not seen it lately, I don't know if it's a patch level with the FCSP or the truck.

The truck is making intermittent requests for a charge, the target is reached in that time frame and it clicks off.

What is your target charge level 80% or 90%?
What is the patch level of your FCSP?
What is the trucks latest powerup version?

My Trucks last power-up was 3.5.4

My FCSP is at this software level 2.112.70:2.129:1.12:0.42:0.33
and Firmware 5.0.16
Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Problems 1667481704235

Sponsored

Snoboredca

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
@Ford Motor Company -- I just had my electrician hardwire a new Ford Charging Station Pro, and received this same "Overheating" error/issue throughout the night. The FCSP is connected to home wifi. It has firmware version 5.0.16. Is this the latest version? If so, you have not fixed the issue. If not, how can I force a firmware update?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
@Ford Motor Company -- I just had my electrician hardwire a new Ford Charging Station Pro, and received this same "Overheating" error/issue throughout the night. The FCSP is connected to home wifi. It has firmware version 5.0.16. Is this the latest version? If so, you have not fixed the issue. If not, how can I force a firmware update?
IIRC, it is the software version that might be out of spec.
This is what I had on day one [9/30/22] power on the FCSP 2.112.64:0.0........

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Problems 1667485837982

The next morning it showed this 10/1/22
Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Problems 1667485898537

gsquirrel02

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Pathfinder
Good point - thanks for the info in both posts, much appreciated. I'll TRY to check mine when I get home tonight - I've had problems connecting to the station from my phone.

Snoboredca

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
This is what I had on day one [9/30/22] power on the FCSP 2.112.64:0.0........

1667485837982.png

The next morning it showed this 10/1/22
1667485898537.png

I have the old software. How do I update the software version?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I have the old software. How do I update the software version?
It should download and install spontaneously, if you have a good WIFI signal reaching the FCSP.

It happened overnight for my unit, but others have waited longer, they mention shutting the unit down, wait about 10 minutes then powering it up, possibly that will trigger the unit to phone-home to get the update.
Sponsored