• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CSP-23B57 for High Voltage Battery Notice

AAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Fire Captain
If Ford wound like to reward us early adopters who put it all on the line it’s two words. longer warranty.
I’m thinking 10 years, 150,000 miles would do wonders. Did I say not just EV components but bumper to bumper, yea that…. This would sell EV’s now..!!
When Ford asked what compensation I was looking for for my Truck spending 65 days in the shop for the battery module replacement, I asked for them to extend the electrical warranty on my truck from the date of install. Instead, they offered me an extended warranty because they said their records showed that I did not already have one. I had already paid for the extended warranty at the time of purchase. This interaction did not inspire confidence.
Sponsored

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
When Ford asked what compensation I was looking for for my Truck spending 65 days in the shop for the battery module replacement, I asked for them to extend the electrical warranty on my truck from the date of install. Instead, they offered me an extended warranty because they said their records showed that I did not already have one. I had already paid for the extended warranty at the time of purchase. This interaction did not inspire confidence.
It’s a tough one after such an experience myself.
Lemon 🍋 law option is overwhelmingly the very best option if you are able to do so.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Are you sure you bought the Ford ESP warranty and not a third party warranty that the dealer sells (and makes a lot more money on)?

My dealer originally tried to sell me one but I told him I wasn't interested and even if I was, I wanted the official Ford warranty. He begrudgingly said he could do that but I would be a fool. His warranty was much better than Ford's. Right. Better for him.

Ended up buying official Ford later from Granger.

EDIT: You can check to see if you have Ford warranty from the FordPass App. Go to the Service tab and click the Warranty tile. It will show a line for Ford Protect Extended Service Plans.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
Are you sure you bought the Ford ESP warranty and not a third party warranty that the dealer sells (and makes a lot more money on)?

My dealer originally tried to sell me one but I told him I wasn't interested and even if I was, I wanted the official Ford warranty. He begrudgingly said he could do that but I would be a fool. His warranty was much better than Ford's. Right. Better for him.

Ended up buying official Ford later from Granger.

EDIT: You can check to see if you have Ford warranty from the FordPass App. Go to the Service tab and click the Warranty tile. It will show a line for Ford Protect Extended Service Plans.
I’m looking at declining the 3rd party warranty myself. I previously paid $3500 for 8 years 100,000 mile warranty with $100 deductible in January 2023. Still waiting for my refund on that. I’m looking to buy a new truck this week and am interested in the official best ford motor company warranty and price options. Granger you say? They seem legit?
Very interested in what to expect from that vs dealership price on same warranty, much savings??

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
I’m looking at declining the 3rd party warranty myself. I previously paid $3500 for 8 years 100,000 mile warranty with $100 deductible in January 2023. Still waiting for my refund on that. I’m looking to buy a new truck this week and am interested in the official best ford motor company warranty and price options. Granger you say? They seem legit?
Very interested in what to expect from that vs dealership price on same warranty, much savings??
You can buy the official Ford ESP warranty from any Ford Dealer. Granger Ford in Iowa is one of many that sells warranties over the Internet. They are a sponsor of this forum and have a whole thread.

Their prices have increased since I bought I'm sure but I show a 8 year/100K mile PremiumCare with $50 deductible was $1590 when I bought last year. So yeah, a lot of savings in your case.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
You can buy the official Ford ESP warranty from any Ford Dealer. Granger Ford in Iowa is one of many that sells warranties over the Internet. They are a sponsor of this forum and have a whole thread.

Their prices have increased since I bought I'm sure but I show a 8 year/100K mile PremiumCare with $50 deductible was $1590 when I bought last year. So yeah, a lot of savings in your case.
Thank you for this ☝
I will be working on this tonight and tomorrow.
Scheduled to get new truck tomorrow….

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
It’s worth mentioning in this thread that Ford ESPs don’t cover the HV battery. I asked, and was told by customer service that they don’t have a warranty product that would cover the battery past 100K.
That’s a bit unfortunate but I suppose understandable…. Perhaps the HV Motors are covered though under Powertrain..?

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
You can also buy directly from Ford and when I looked it was over double the price of Granger.

I just did Granger at 8 year/100,000 miles premium plan with $0 deductible and the interior/exterior light option for around $2,100 and was able to use my FordPass points to take off $500.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
That’s a bit unfortunate but I suppose understandable…. Perhaps the HV Motors are covered though under Powertrain..?
The standard warranty is here: https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...-E-Warranty-version-1_frdwa_EN-US_09_2021.pdf
Powertrain is 5/60
HVB and eDrive are 8/100.
The Granger site has a brochure with details on what the Ford ESP PremiumCare covers. Look on page 3 & 4 for PremiumCare EV. Says it includes Drive Motors. Even has an example of that repair costing $4,086. Included. Also includes unique Hybrid/EV components excluding HVB and HV cables.
Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B57 for High Voltage Battery Notice 1710897910212-62

Last edited:

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
The standard warranty is here: https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...-E-Warranty-version-1_frdwa_EN-US_09_2021.pdf
Powertrain is 5/60
The Granger site has a brochure with details on what the Ford ESP PremiumCare covers. Says it includes unique Hybrid/EV components excluding HVB and HV cables.
Thank you for all the great information 👆
Definitely holding off on buying when I pickup truck tomorrow and looking into the Granger site instead.

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
I don’t think there’s any reason to buy an ESP on the Lightning. The expensive HV electrical bits are covered for 100K miles by the factory warranty, to include the drive motors. If you spend any time on other EV forums, you’ll see how rare they are to fail. That’s the last thing I’d worry about on a Lightning, and the HV battery warranty can’t be extended.

Extended warranties are a waste of money unless they cover the HV battery, and Ford doesn’t offer one that does.

Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B57 for High Voltage Battery Notice IMG_0231

Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B57 for High Voltage Battery Notice IMG_0232

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
Powertrain is 5/60
The Granger site has a brochure with details on what the Ford ESP PremiumCare covers. Look on page 3 & 4 for PremiumCare EV. Says it includes Drive Motors. Even has an example of that repair costing $4,086. Included. Also includes unique Hybrid/EV components excluding HVB and HV cables.
1710897910212-62.png
Lots of good points.
On a previous 2017 truck after the 3years was up I had lots of stupid stuff just start to break that was pretty pricey. Backup camera failure, power window motor failure and power seat issues. Also rear light bar failed. A few of those items cost equal to a warranty. I only kept that truck for 5 1/2 years. I feel like more stuff broke longer I had it. The Granger 8 year 100,000 mile coverage cost less than I spent on repairs. So my luck is not always the best. Seems like stuff is just not built as well these days and repair parts and labor costs are insane. I’m still deciding. Once again thanks for your feedback

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
I don’t think there’s any reason to buy an ESP on the Lightning. The expensive HV electrical bits are covered for 100K miles by the factory warranty, to include the drive motors. If you spend any time on other EV forums, you’ll see how rare they are to fail. That’s the last thing I’d worry about on a Lightning, and the HV battery warranty can’t be extended.

Extended warranties are a waste of money unless they cover the HV battery, and Ford doesn’t offer one that does.

IMG_0231.jpeg

IMG_0232.jpeg
Check the cost of a burnt out headlight or taillight.
Sponsored