• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Customizing all profile photos

bartlee

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Designer
As I was working on getting my custom profile image to show up, I found I could customize all the other profiles as well. Here are the steps (I’m on iOS):

- Make sure the phone number tied to your Ford account only shows up on your contact entry. Add the profile photo you want to use to your contact entry.

- In your Lightning, go to Settings > Phone List, select your phone and hit Manage Contacts. Tap ‘Re-Download Contacts’

- Give it a few minutes, and then check your contact entry to see if your new image shows up. If so, edit your profile and hit Change Contact Photo. Your new photo should be the first option. Sometimes I had to wait a little longer for it to show up.

- If you want to do this for the other profiles, assign THEIR photo to YOUR entry on your phone and re-download your contacts. Then you should be able to assign it to your profile and then go do their profile. Repeat this process for each profile, and then go back and do yours last.

It’s a bit of a pain, but this worked for me. I don’t have PAAK assigned for the other profiles, so I haven’t tested if you can just use their contact photos in that case without having to go through this process.

Ford F-150 Lightning Customizing all profile photos EDD8DA83-0075-41D4-A489-B6AC02508235
Sponsored

duncanmclain

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat ER
Occupation
Supreme Galactic Commander
That's pretty cool, Looking forward to messing around with that

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Got mine to work too, but I needed to turn on "Profile picture sharing" on my phone before it would post to the truck contacts.

Ford F-150 Lightning Customizing all profile photos 1673279531022

Reloaded the contact list, then edited my profile. Note I switched from android auto to direct bluetooth phone connection to see the options menu for picking an avatar photo.

Ford F-150 Lightning Customizing all profile photos 1673279721246

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
As I was working on getting my custom profile image to show up, I found I could customize all the other profiles as well. Here are the steps (I’m on iOS):

- Make sure the phone number tied to your Ford account only shows up on your contact entry. Add the profile photo you want to use to your contact entry.

- In your Lightning, go to Settings > Phone List, select your phone and hit Manage Contacts. Tap ‘Re-Download Contacts’

- Give it a few minutes, and then check your contact entry to see if your new image shows up. If so, edit your profile and hit Change Contact Photo. Your new photo should be the first option. Sometimes I had to wait a little longer for it to show up.

- If you want to do this for the other profiles, assign THEIR photo to YOUR entry on your phone and re-download your contacts. Then you should be able to assign it to your profile and then go do their profile. Repeat this process for each profile, and then go back and do yours last.

It’s a bit of a pain, but this worked for me. I don’t have PAAK assigned for the other profiles, so I haven’t tested if you can just use their contact photos in that case without having to go through this process.

EDD8DA83-0075-41D4-A489-B6AC02508235.jpeg
Thanks for the info - I've got my photo updated on the profile for the first time since having the truck in 6 months. I've been through all of this a few times, but I think the key is that I found a duplicate entry for my name/number that I didn't know was in the phone. I had an entry from my work Outlook profile. Thanks for that info.

I'm guessing the duplicate number is what was keeping mine from updating although I would have never suspected this since you have to enter your name on the profile, I suspected they were keying off the name.

OP
OP
bartlee

bartlee

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Designer
I'm guessing the duplicate number is what was keeping mine from updating although I would have never suspected this since you have to enter your name on the profile, I suspected they were keying off the name.
I saw it mentioned on the Mach E forum. Didn’t verify myself, but it looked like several people had the same issue.

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

Jer

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Lightning Lariat,‘21 Bronco, ‘17 F350, ‘76 K20
Occupation
IT
Nice instructions, worked well