• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

First Cybertruck trim priced from US$75,000 as Tesla preps for delivery to select few at launch event.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
https://www.notebookcheck.net/First...y-to-select-few-at-launch-event.743406.0.html

Tesla started sending out Cybertruck launch event invites at the price of 30,000 referral credits and now more info on how it may all go down has appeared. The lucky first Cybertruck owners will reportedly get their deliveries during the announcement event and they've been tipped the price.

Tesla has reportedly chosen a few "high visibility" personalities to announce its first Cybertruck deliveries to during a planned launch event in "3 to 4 weeks" where it would also reveal the Cybertruck price. Those lucky people who will be the first to own a Cybertruck, have apparently been told to prepare for pricing in the "mid to high 70s," or starting from about US$75,000.
Sponsored

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
Surprised they're even making these "high visibility" people pay. I imagine Marques Brownlee will be driving one soon, though I'd reckon his influence cost more than the mid to high 70s

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
The first Cybertruck deliveries, however, are going to industry influencers, and they will reportedly all get premium AWD trims, so at a later date when Tesla releases a RWD Cybertruck option it could be priced much lower still.
If their AWD premium truck is priced like a SR Lariat, Ford has a serious problem in their hands.

Sponsored
OP
OP

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
They are reportedly making 10 a day. Given Elon's past behavior with pricing it could easily whip in any direction with little notice.

It's not like they are flooding the market with 75,000$ Premium EV trucks.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
If their AWD premium truck is priced like a SR Lariat, Ford has a serious problem in their hands.
Lariat ER is in under $80k now, so that would be the comparison. We also don't know any specs for what will be delivered.

djwildstar

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER, 2023 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Information Security
Tesla has been rather tight-lipped about final price and specifications for the CyberTruck -- they removed detailed pricing and specifications from the web site earlier this year, which (IMHO) means that the truck they actually deliver may be a good bit different than what they had hoped a few years ago.

The current best guess puts the CyberTruck somewhere in between a Ranger and an F-150 in terms of overall exterior size, but payload and towing capacities that have been mentioned put it in direct competition with full-size pickups (which would of course include the F-150 Lighting). It looks like Tesla has reduced the size of their frunk as much as possible so that they could maximize the size of the bed. It is hard to guess the quality of the interior, but I'm guessing that Tesla is aiming for a "sweet spot" somewhere between Ford's XLT and Lariat trims.

Given Tesla's recent aggressive pricing strategy, I'd guess that they will somewhat undercut Lightning prices for roughly similar capabilities and trim levels. For the AWD CyberTrucks, I'd expect the 300mi-range dual-motor version to come in somewhere between the price of an SR and ER XLT Lightning, while the 400mi-range tri-motor CyberTruck should command a slight premium over the price of an ER Lightning due to greater range and higher towing and payload.

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
The Cybertruck sucks. It's unibody BS and not a full-size truck with a tiny/useless frunk and no Pro Power. Tesla has been sitting on the specs, because they're less than awesome. It's fugly, typical Tesla sh#$ build quality. It also manages to make a single wiper look uncool.

Ford F-150 Lightning First Cybertruck trim priced from US$75,000 as Tesla preps for delivery to select few at launch event. Screenshot-2023-08-24-at-9.31.09-AM

Sponsored

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
I'd expect the Premium Cybertruck to be the tri-motor, 500 mile range on a single charge version, with a 14,000 lb towing capacity, 250kW charging capability (standard for all Cybertrucks was the promise), a 6.5 ft bed with 3500 lb 100 cuft capacity, slide out tail gate that can act like a ramp for your Harley

It will be able to seat 6 people and have a 17 in. infotainment screen.

I suppose Tesla is planning on doing what Ford did and putting out the high end maximum profit versions first, with the entry level ($40k) single motor, 300 mile range version later.

As of recently, Tesla Cybertruck had over 1 million reservations, dwarfing what the Lightning had.

How many will follow through is up in the air. Ford had an estimated 80%+ drop-out rate due to the price increases.

Seems to me, whoever mass-produces an basic entry level EV pickup priced in the $40k's will dominate the market, the way the Model T did back in the day.

Same with EV sedans and SUV's - make them affordable, practical, and if you build them, they will come.

Seems like businesses these days focus too much on short term profits and ignore the opportunity to dominate in the long run by giving people what they need.

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I think without specs the “mid to upper 70’s” cost estimate is irrelevant.

Will Tesla first deliver a 500 mile quad motor top end truck for 75k? Ford has a real big problem on their hands.

Will Tesla first deliver a 250 mile base truck for 75k? Tesla has a real big problem on their hands and probably won’t sell many at all.

My money is somewhere in the middle with similar specs to compete with the Lightning ER. It’ll be an interesting reveal for sure.

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
Stop spouting announcement spec BS. The production Cybertruck is substantially smaller than the prototype. There will be no six seat Cybertruck.

Tesla doesn't produce a single 500 mile range vehicle -- and their claimed range figures all nonsense, demonstrably so. Their first 500 mile vehicle isn't going to be something with the poor aerodynamics of the Cybertruck.

The rest of the prototype specs are hopes and dreams.

Sure, Tesla had a million reservations when the MSRP was under $40k. They've nearly doubled the MSRP with the production model. So, I wouldn't take those reservations to the bank.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
There is no 500 mile range CT.

If you look at some of these that are being built and on delivery trucks it’s misaligned everywhere.

At $70k + with that interior, most likely subpar suspension, and misaligned body, Ford will be ok.

The “I want people to see me” crowd was never looking at an F-150 anyways.

What I’ve come to appreciate for the Lightning vs my Model 3 is how much more refined the F-150 is in every aspect except Ford Pass and Charging.

AP is a gimmick compared to Blues Clues, I am assuming the $15k FSD is better but I don’t know.
Sponsored