• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

First Cybertruck trim priced from US$75,000 as Tesla preps for delivery to select few at launch event.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
“good luck with aluminum!” - somebody from 2014
Although I mostly agree with you, one big difference is that in 2014 other manufacturers has been making aluminum body vehicles for decades. Audi, Jaguar, Mercedes, and even the Tesla model S.

But history may prove otherwise, we shall see.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I’m itching to go Cybertruck hunting in my Lightning. Enough of the promos…..

T3Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I don't particularly love the look but wouldn't mind if T3 "borrowed" 4 wheel steer and adaptable air suspension. Even if the features were locked to only the premium trims and not standard to keep the price down.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
One of my biggest concerns with it is that even the slightest damage is going to cost a fortune. I bet if that windshield wiper breaks it's a 1000$ repair. I'm guessing that after a year the only ones willing to insure it will be Tesla Insurance.
I loved the fact that my insurance barely went up for this truck. I was so scared that it would be like $200 extra a month; I think it went up $200 for the entire year.

Sponsored

djwildstar

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER, 2023 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Information Security
I loved the fact that my insurance barely went up for this truck. I was so scared that it would be like $200 extra a month; I think it went up $200 for the entire year.
I was pleasantly surprised that mine went down by about $100/year with the Lightning. I came from a Ford Flex, and I was expecting insurance to go up with a new vehicle. I'm guessing that the Flex was a bigger target for parts thieves than an F-150 is. My wife's ICE Mustang is now the most expensive vehicle we have to insure.

Traconesu

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning platinum
Occupation
Retired
If their AWD premium truck is priced like a SR Lariat, Ford has a serious problem in their hands.
I doubt tesla will be able to hold these prices low. Ford under priced the lightning initially and had to raise the prices of all their trims. Tesla will probably do tge same.

Traconesu

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning platinum
Occupation
Retired
State fam tried to raise mine to $1000/6 months. I went to progressive and got the same insurance for less than $700.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
I guess this week we will be bombarded on how legacy manufacturers are trying to tear down Tesla….. basically “nothing to see here” from the fanbois
Yeah Munro has some great design analysis videos and their teardown are both fascinating and invaluable to a deeper understanding of modern vehicle construction and lean design principles, but man do they kiss Tesla's ass.

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
It seems like this was someone at Ford's original thoughts but then someone else along the way decided differently.

I feel like battery supply constraints really put a damper on the Pro trim availability. As a company, if you can sell a $40k vehicle, or an $80k vehicle (that costs maybe $10k extra to build) which one will you choose?
As we are seeing now, they are running out of people willing to buy at the $80k price so they are making more lowered priced vehicles available.
The $80k version does not cost $10k more to build.
Maybe more like an extra $1800.
Leather + sunroof + bigger touchscreen + a few more battery pouches + seat motors + plastic LED light bar = not that expensive in volume.
Sponsored