• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dealer refuses to sell the Lightning to the person who ordered. Marks it up by $50k and puts it on the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
lol Dealers gotta do their dealer. I guarantee you there's going to be the F&I/DAO flip binder time waste. Nobody gets out without that torture,
I'd like to plug my dealer here - 10 minutes in the F&I office. They did really want me to consider their warranty plan that had additional coverage for the battery, but when I said "no thanks, I have family in that business" they said "ok" and moved on. No add-ons, just a handful of signatures and we were good to go!
Sponsored

OP
OP
monsterlag

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
Happy outcome,

full text for those who can’t access Reddit

Well, it was quite a journey, but I am happy to report that I was able to purchase and take home my F-150 Lightning from Sunrise Ford in North Hollywood! Wow!

After being denied the purchase of my ordered Lightning over the weekend, I called Ford Customer Care on Monday to raise hell about what the dealership had done. Customer Care said they would formally register a complaint about Sunrise Ford and also contact them to try to resolve the situation. Realistically, there was nothing more they could do, and the woman said I could try to place an order for a new Lightning when the orders open up next month. She was apologetic even though none of this was her fault, and I was appreciative to hear someone say they were sorry to me. I then decided to wait and see what would happen after Customer Care contacted Sunrise.

On Tuesday, the GM of the dealership called me to discuss the situation. I won’t go into details, but the call did not go well and we resolved nothing; they still wanted me to pay for the dealer add-ons totaling almost $3000.

I again called Ford Customer Care that day to update them on my case and to strongly request a call back from someone at Ford Corporate; Customer Care and Corporate are sort of distinct entities. Customer Care is really limited in what they can do, and they told me that writing a letter to Corporate was my best chance to reach them.

Today, I got an email from the dealership GM asking me what I wanted to do with the truck. I asked for a complete price summary of the truck, and he sent it over. Low and behold, the unauthorized dealer add-ons were NOT on my price summary! My purchase price was MSRP (plus tax and fees)! A few hours later, I was signing paperwork and driving home with an electric truck!

Everyone at the dealership today was friendly and professional. I don’t know if it was Customer Care contacting them, all the negative reviews that I, and dozens of you, posted, but they did a complete 180 and everything went smoothly today.

Thanks for all the support. I am truly grateful. But still, direct to consumer is the way to go.

TLDR: I didn’t budge and I paid what was right for my truck

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Closing thread on this good note.....
Sponsored