• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Delete

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
delete
Sponsored

Last edited:

mastapsi356

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150b Lightning
Why would you even consider keeping the 2023? It's objectively the worse vehicle, given it is missing features and costs more...

You could flip the 2023, but it's up to you if it's worth it. If you think you can sell it, go through the process unless the dealer makes you sign a no sell agreement. Personally I wouldn't bother and would just refuse delivery, especially since if it was just built you'll likely miss the tax credit.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Just walk away from the 2023 and enjoy the truck you have. The '23s are coming with missing features and no one is paying premiums for these trucks on the used market now.

I attempted to do the same as you. My 2023 order was on chip hold and then I was told the hold was indefinite and would probably last a while, no ETA and all that. I bought a '22 off the lot, configured just how I wanted it. Or so I thought. It's a dealer mannequin and they won't let me have it so now I'm having to go through all the process of canceling the sale, which is already void since I never took possession. We're just trying to keep an uncooperative and shady dealer on task to fully releasing the deal and returning the down-payment. So yeah, ugh... On the bright side, my 2023 got built and shipped now and should be here soon. ...Deleted features and all at a higher MSRP. I'd much rather have that '22 I tried to buy, but "eff" that dealership and the lying salesman who have now misrepresented the deal to both Ford and my lender. My lender got it figured out though and pulled the funding, terminating the sale.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
You can buy and flip, but you can't take thr tax credit. Doubtful you would even breakeven.

Sponsored

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
You can buy and flip, but you can't take thr tax credit. Doubtful you would even breakeven.

If he takes delivery of the new truck and 2 hours after he is off the lot decides he hates it. I am sure the IRS would have a hell of a time proving he bought it with the intent to sell it.

Err well unless they read this forum then he is going to get a royal IRS reaming.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
If he takes delivery of the new truck and 2 hours after he is off the lot decides he hates it. I am sure the IRS would have a hell of a time proving he bought it with the intent to sell it.

Err well unless they read this forum then he is going to get a royal IRS reaming.
Correct.

One has to also take into account that there is a big difference between making a mistake on your taxes and committing tax fraud. When you do your taxes, you either read instructions and complete forms, use software, or use a tax professional. Make sure you understand the repercussions for any action you take later deemed improper.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Hahhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa

To the OP, keep the 22 and walk away from the 23.

OP
OP

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
Thanks for the input, I think I was blinded by the fact I like the color I originally ordered more than what I have now lol

Theoretically though, if I’m getting an 88k truck for 80k, not applying for tax credits or anything, and I have a buyer lined up for 98k, and I pay all the appropriate taxes, why would it be a problem?

Last edited:

Sponsored

mastapsi356

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150b Lightning
If color is the issue, just wrap it.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Thanks for the input, I think I was blinded by the fact I like the color I originally ordered more than what I have now lol

Theoretically though, if I’m getting an 88k truck for 80k, not applying for tax credits or anything, and I have a buyer lined up for 98k, and I pay all the appropriate taxes, why would it be a problem?
If you have a sucker, I mean buyer, willing to pay you $98k for a used Lariat that they can't claim the tax credit on, hurry up and sell it to them before they come to their senses. Then buy the "23.
Sponsored