• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro and 2012 Expedition Fleet
getting all the parts to do this to my no option PRO. never used forscan. will be looking for your assistance.
I did a few mods while I was waiting for parts to get myself familiar with forscan.
Sponsored

Pmoke

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT SR 311A
I started with a small project to get familiar with Forescan as well, rain sensing wipers. Cheap and easy install with minimal programming.

Pmoke

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT SR 311A
To the point of using a borescope, you might as well just unmate that connector and look at the pin locations in the one heading up from the bottom, you will be able to see easily if the male pins exist or not in the right spots. The front bumper side of C265 is the male side.
1708964331551.png
Finally got back in there and unseated the connector without breaking it!

Do we know if the pins are there that the wires are there to the bumper? The connector seems to be fully populated with male pins despite the female side lacking many wires. Certainly they could have wired for additional devices that I don’t have…

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT IMG_6141
Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT IMG_6140

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Find the wires on the female side you have easy access to. Then symmetrically look for the corresponding males up under the dash, if they are there just put it back together, your good. If not, pull out the female pins to use WAGO splices on to extend your own harness

Sponsored

Nftypjs

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f-150 lightning pro
I think you're right, I had LKA before I added ACC. LKA is a shit product thought IMO, Not sure I'd flex even a single brain cell for it, unless you're end goal is lane centering.

I have a 2023 Pro with tow packages and pro power onboard. Have successfully changed various things using forscan (doorpad install, bed light install, anti-glare headlights, rain sensor install). The truck already has the active lane keep assist function (corrects after it crosses the lines). I know that the Lane Centering feature is turned on when you add the Adaptive Cruise Control module/harness/forscan updates, but I'm curious if some of those forscan updates necessary for the ACC install are specific to the LC, and can be done to add LC without the full addition of the ACC system. It's my understanding that the forward facing hardware that's presently used for LKA is the same as what's used for LC. If anyone can look into this more I'd be happy to compare forscan info on the differences between models, etc. Or if anyone has knowledge of what it's called in the menus of forscan so that I can experiment on changing parameters to hopefully get the LC option to pop up on SYNC at least. Much appreciated in advance.

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro and 2012 Expedition Fleet
I have a 2023 Pro with tow packages and pro power onboard. Have successfully changed various things using forscan (doorpad install, bed light install, anti-glare headlights, rain sensor install). The truck already has the active lane keep assist function (corrects after it crosses the lines). I know that the Lane Centering feature is turned on when you add the Adaptive Cruise Control module/harness/forscan updates, but I'm curious if some of those forscan updates necessary for the ACC install are specific to the LC, and can be done to add LC without the full addition of the ACC system. It's my understanding that the forward facing hardware that's presently used for LKA is the same as what's used for LC. If anyone can look into this more I'd be happy to compare forscan info on the differences between models, etc. Or if anyone has knowledge of what it's called in the menus of forscan so that I can experiment on changing parameters to hopefully get the LC option to pop up on SYNC at least. Much appreciated in advance.
The ACC module is needed for LC.

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Azgunguy is correct, it won't work without the CCM. It's a shame b/c it's perfectly capable of Lane Centering without the CCM, Ford just programmed the IMPA such that without ACC enabled and working Lane Centering won't activate :( Same with Lane Centering during normal, non-cruise driving. Several people have asked if there is a way,, there isn't :(

Nftypjs

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f-150 lightning pro
Azgunguy is correct, it won't work without the CCM. It's a shame b/c it's perfectly capable of Lane Centering without the CCM, Ford just programmed the IMPA such that without ACC enabled and working Lane Centering won't activate :( Same with Lane Centering during normal, non-cruise driving. Several people have asked if there is a way,, there isn't :(
That's one of the silliest things that they could do. Considering LC is only side to side and is independent of cruise control in its entirety. Facepalm.

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
That's one of the silliest things that they could do. Considering LC is only side to side and is independent of cruise control in its entirety. Facepalm.
Yep, One of the many facepalms you'll experience when working with Ford.

Sponsored

Nftypjs

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f-150 lightning pro
Yep, One of the many facepalms you'll experience when working with Ford.
I feel like there's got to be some setting in there to tell the ipma that the ccm module is there even when it isn't. Le sigh

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I feel like there's got to be some setting in there to tell the ipma that the ccm module is there even when it isn't. Le sigh
Nope, cause when you tell it it's there (which enables Lane Centering to happen) if it's not there it throws a bitch fit. You'd have to create a CAN module to spoof it and that would be far more work and expense than not just adding it. Also, having ACC after you've used it with Lane Centering is awesome, You should add it just because, well, it's awesome.

Nftypjs

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f-150 lightning pro
Nope, cause when you tell it it's there (which enables Lane Centering to happen) if it's not there it throws a bitch fit. You'd have to create a CAN module to spoof it and that would be far more work and expense than not just adding it. Also, having ACC after you've used it with Lane Centering is awesome, You should add it just because, well, it's awesome.
It's on the list of future things, definitely. I live on Maui though, and just don't have a highway long enough to use CC nearly ever. But I do drive in LANES every frickin' day. Stupid Ford.

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot
Parts list for ACC on bare bones lightning (missing wires to the IPMA):

Terminals that go to IPMA connector (you can buy the terminal ends and crimp them yourself if you like):
PN: DU2Z-14474-CA
Terminal DU2Z-14474-CA | TascaParts.com

where can I find the terminal ends so I cam crimp them myself? or the part number? I just received the 4 correct color wires today.

cam29906

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Pro
Hi Guys, I installed the CCM today, got all the forscan updates completed and calibrated the CCM successfully. However when I press cruise control I get a pop up that Adaptive Cruise is not available. I do not have any DTCs anymore. Any ideas what to look for?
Also used the new version of Forscan and got checksum errors on every write. I’m not sure why but it seemed to work okay considering I got all the DTCs reset and the CCM calibrated.
Sponsored