• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

rraustad

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT SR
First off, great instructions and a really nice DIY upgrade, thanks for all the guidance.

I did the remote auto windows change to test out Forscan and didn't have any issues, but I'm wondering if I got something off when doing this upgrade. Each time I start my truck now, in addition to the "Return to Sport?" I get an additional prompt for "Pre-Collision Assist" and the box is slightly different than the Sport mode (slightly wider or more to the right, text at the top instead of centered, highlighted option is a little different), almost like it's from a different version of the UI. If I press OK it goes back into Sport regardless of which dialog is on top and I can't dismiss the Pre-Collision Assist, I just have to wait for it to time out. In fact pressing OK again puts me in Calm Screen (as shown). Did I get a digit wrong somewhere? I haven't seen anything else about this in the thread or on reddit. Notably one Forscan change was different for me, I had 388 for BCM 726-16-01 xxxx x*** xx-- (384 to 390), and changed it to 390 to follow the instructions. I also had the same issue as @rraustad regarding the APIM and IPMA changes needed to be done first to enable/see CCM, but after that it seemed to work fine (other than me forgetting the SCCM change to enable the buttons on the first drive, that I know was user error)

IMG_0529.jpeg
IMG_0530.jpeg
@bpcunning I also had 388 (and used 390) in BCM 726-16-01 xxxx x*** xx-- which just means we already had cruise control. The 384 means there is no cruise control based on data in Livinitup's spreadsheet. I do not have any problems.

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 1711659829559-at

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 1711659725330-xk

rraustad

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I found these in the IPMA module and think it may be the following distance (the "gap" between cars) setting for the ACC setting the steering wheel button controls/changes. The problem is I don't have the button so can't test it to see which values change with each setting. I can look to see what they are set at now for my setup (3 bars) so maybe that will tell me something about these values. Since I don't have the button I am not sure what I will see (0C60 ?) but I think my 3 bars should be set here somewhere (and I can change it to 4 which is my goal).

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 1711684810146-me

Last edited:

rraustad

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got 4 bars now with ACC and no button on the steering wheel. Original settings for 3 bars are figures at top left and top right. Settings after changing all gap 3 to gap 4 in easy view at bottom right and result after turning off truck and on again at mid left. I got a DTC code but cleared it and it did not show up again. And at middle bottom, I got 4 bars. There are actually 5 bars (Gap 5) which I may change to after testing this out on the road. The bottom left figure with "Missing Calibration" had me wondering if I had to go through that again but clearing DTC codes got rid of it and ACC worked fine. It's interesting that gap 4 setting do not line up with livinitup's data, with 9090 that does not match up with what shows in the spreadsheet. There is a lot we don't know.

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 1711754172894-m6

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 1711758600225-xr

Last edited:

bpcunning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning XLT, ‘20 Explorer ST
Occupation
EVA Tools Engineer
Has anyone else encountered the Pre-Collision Assist prompt in doing this install? It appears rather harmless but it's a bit of a nuisance, and no amount of toggling the various driver assist features seems to dismiss it. If nothing else I'll have to go back in with Forscan and recheck all the values.

Sponsored

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
I so want this but I am nervous to rip into my truck….

Can we confirm that 2023 XLT 311A with Tow Tech has the wires needed? I can plug in a harness but adding wiring to a harness is out of my skill level.

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Pro
Has anyone else encountered the Pre-Collision Assist prompt in doing this install? It appears rather harmless but it's a bit of a nuisance, and no amount of toggling the various driver assist features seems to dismiss it. If nothing else I'll have to go back in with Forscan and recheck all the values.
I would re-check your FORscan values. Did you clear all DTCs?

I'm noticing something quite the opposite. Everything is working fine and I have no errors or warnings. But I've noticed that ever since I did this mod my pre-collision alert/assist has not once been triggered. It's set to high sensitivity and it used to trigger somewhat regularly. Now, even when cars in front of me brake quickly, it doesn't come on. Haven't had any 'oh shit' moments, but definitely cases where I was surprised a warning didn't come on. I'm wondering if with the new radar in place the algorithm/sensitivity might be different. Has anybody who's done this mod noticed any change with the pre-collision warning?

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I would re-check your FORscan values. Did you clear all DTCs?

I'm noticing something quite the opposite. Everything is working fine and I have no errors or warnings. But I've noticed that ever since I did this mod my pre-collision alert/assist has not once been triggered. It's set to high sensitivity and it used to trigger somewhat regularly. Now, even when cars in front of me brake quickly, it doesn't come on. Haven't had any 'oh shit' moments, but definitely cases where I was surprised a warning didn't come on. I'm wondering if with the new radar in place the algorithm/sensitivity might be different. Has anybody who's done this mod noticed any change with the pre-collision warning?
Mine still works fine. I bet you have a setting wrong somewhere. You can revert your as builts and see if it starts working again. To test it just get on a busy road and get up close to somebody turning faster than you would normally be comfortable. Mine triggers every time when I do that.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
I so want this but I am nervous to rip into my truck….

Can we confirm that 2023 XLT 311A with Tow Tech has the wires needed? I can plug in a harness but adding wiring to a harness is out of my skill level.
I had all the wires already in place on my '23 311A with tow tech.

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine still works fine. I bet you have a setting wrong somewhere. You can revert your as builts and see if it starts working again. To test it just get on a busy road and get up close to somebody turning faster than you would normally be comfortable. Mine triggers every time when I do that.
Thanks. I'll go through the settings carefully.

Regarding restoring as-builts, is there any concern that my as-builts might be outdated? Do the registry values ever get changed through software updates? I backed up my as-builts several months ago.

Sponsored

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Thanks. I'll go through the settings carefully.

Regarding restoring as-builts, is there any concern that my as-builts might be outdated? Do the registry values ever get changed through software updates? I backed up my as-builts several months ago.
No they do not change with updates. Ford can change them if they want, but don't that I have seen. It actually works the other way, Ford updates a cloud copy based on your actual vehicle. That's why it is important to save your own values because Ford's record will reflect your latest vehicle snapshot.

Reactions: rio

eg.eazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro SR
I cannot for the life of me get CCM to show. I went back and double/triple checked my Forscan inputs. I've tried what rraustad said about populating IPMA and APIM values first. I've also tried powering the CCM through the IPMA as BeefLightning suggested. I've checked numerous times and have the driver's side and passenger's side wiring. 2023 Pro w/ Tow Technology... Any ideas?

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I'll give you my report after my own DIY install for over a year:

Having LaneCentering w/AdaptiveCruise is just absolutely wonderful, especially for those long 'interstate' travels... IT JUST WORKS, and works just perfectly.

Now, ONE THING I will admit is the 'annoyance' of Ford's periodic 'hands on' ALERT. While it's just plain WAY TOO often, I have found the answer: I simply add a 1lb 'wrist weight' velcroed around the right side of the steering wheel.
This is just enough 'weight' to provide a small amount of 'torque' that the wheel is looking for in order to disable ongoing alerts.
So, now, you can ride and ride and ride and just let the truck do the work... great!

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT Screenshot 2024-04-19 4.35.40 AM

rraustad

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I cannot for the life of me get CCM to show. I went back and double/triple checked my Forscan inputs. I've tried what rraustad said about populating IPMA and APIM values first. I've also tried powering the CCM through the IPMA as BeefLightning suggested. I've checked numerous times and have the driver's side and passenger's side wiring. 2023 Pro w/ Tow Technology... Any ideas?
Do you have proper voltage at the radar sensor connector? I did read a post that someone verified the voltage and polarity (while installing? after installation? somehow got access to that plug?). Checking that may help diagnose.

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'll give you my report after my own DIY install for over a year:

Having LaneCentering w/AdaptiveCruise is just absolutely wonderful, especially for those long 'interstate' travels... IT JUST WORKS, and works just perfectly.

Now, ONE THING I will admit is the 'annoyance' of Ford's periodic 'hands on' ALERT. While it's just plain WAY TOO often, I have found the answer: I simply add a 1lb 'wrist weight' velcroed around the right side of the steering wheel.
This is just enough 'weight' to provide a small amount of 'torque' that the wheel is looking for in order to disable ongoing alerts.
So, now, you can ride and ride and ride and just let the truck do the work... great!

Screenshot 2024-04-19 4.35.40 AM.png
Ha, I bought the exact same thing for the exact same purpose!
Sponsored