• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Does this gap in the center of the wiper plastic trim seem normal?

DanielM92563

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning ER, Taycan CrossTursimo4, 23 Canyon
While cleaning the front plastic trim at the base of the windshield I noticed this gap? I was wondering if you all have same gap. I tried to approximate the two trim pieces closer together but no go.
Ford F-150 Lightning Does this gap in the center of the wiper plastic trim seem normal? IMG_1778

Ford F-150 Lightning Does this gap in the center of the wiper plastic trim seem normal? IMG_1777
Sponsored

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
plastic trim at the base of the windshield I noticed this gap
I was noticing this today and it seems like a wide gap, but the plastic pieces are at least overlapping. Seems the gap could be made smaller. I see the corner of one piece does not lay as flat as I think would be appropriate.

I will be getting a new windshield this week (note chip on right that was filled but still left a glare spot) and it will be interesting to see how everything comes back together. I will be insisting on an exact replacement for the Ford "SoundScape" windshield. No doubt I will lose the Ford and Ford Lightning decals. Camera recalibration is to be done as well. I have a FitCamX dashcam mounted as well that I hope the installers do not mess with.

Update 11-21-23: Windshield replacement was with Ford factory glass. Auto Glass company claimed to be not sure about recalibration of the Ford camera, but no problem in the end. FitCamX shows them driving to the freeway, driving for a mile, and back to the shop, I think before the glass was switched out, if I am determining the time the glass was switched out right. Probably part of the recalibration procedure? Not sure why it would be before the new glass was installed. Supposed to take anything heavy out of the pickup bed.
Ford F-150 Lightning Does this gap in the center of the wiper plastic trim seem normal? 1700464383168

Last edited:

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
The plastic trim gap is to allow for expansion in the heat and shrink in the cold. It’s normal.
Yes, it is more noticeable now the temperature has dropped and the plastic shrinks. It seems like a larger gap than needed and perhaps the design could have been better - This design puts the gap front and center (literally).

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Front and center is the furthest from the driver and passenger side. Where people can easily see from the sides of the truck.

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
That gap is annoying, though.
Drives me nuts every time I see it.
I need therapy!
Sponsored