• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What does this symbol mean - the red one

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Ford F-150 Lightning What does this symbol mean - the red one blinking-eyes-man

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Until the manual has a way to search "red icon that looks like the back 2/3s of the truck with a minus sign" It's honestly not that easy of a task to figure out what various icons mean. Especially when you may not have any context into them. The manual is also a 650 page PDF so reading it end to end is a chore. What's obvious to some isn't to others. Be kind and help or just ignore and move on with your day.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Tailgate not closed.

The manual does have a nice section on warning lamps for the instrument cluster. I just searched "warning lamps" on the pdf version and it was easy to find.

Ford F-150 Lightning What does this symbol mean - the red one Screenshot_20240118_190206

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Flash, Model Y Performance
Until the manual has a way to search "red icon that looks like the back 2/3s of the truck with a minus sign" It's honestly not that easy of a task to figure out what various icons mean. Especially when you may not have any context into them. The manual is also a 650 page PDF so reading it end to end is a chore. What's obvious to some isn't to others. Be kind and help or just ignore and move on with your day.
Hand a person a fish and they eat for a day. Teach a person to fish and they eat for a lifetime.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Please let us know if your tailgate was completely closed and it was a sensor issue, Completely open or kinda closed.

Sponsored

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
To some this is a temperature reading, to others it's a person on the toilet
SmartSelect_20240118_212507_Chrome.jpg

Just thought I'd add that to the conversation
If some people think that fella is sitting on a toilet, his back up camera must be blocked. Hope he has a shovel and a mop.

Webbo85

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Mech Engineer
So in regards to the tailgate closing, I have a tailgate pad for my mountain bikes. If it isn't fully clear of the edge of the tailgate, the tailgate will close, and then open up about a 1/4"-1/2". It stays closed and won't fall open, but you will get the 'tailgate open' message and indicator in the truck. So if something like that was the case, you may not realize that the tailgate is considered open and then that indicator might truly be confusing.

Jim657

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning Lariat , 22 Mach E GT
It means the tailgate is opened or not fully closed. Not sure if you know or not, but you can access the owners manual through the Sync screen and it has a search feature as well. I used it when I had a problem with my auto up/down windows.
Sponsored