• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Easy way to safely access backup power for home and free (for some PG&E customers)

Fastnf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 lightning
Picture in post 15 shows three lights in different location vs four on the Generlink. It also has a reset that the Gernlink doesn't have. Also the PG&E unit seems to be thinner then the Generlink shown based on the same picture.
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Picture in post 15 shows three lights in different location vs four on the Generlink. It also has a reset that the Gernlink doesn't have. Also the PG&E unit seems to be thinner then the Generlink shown based on the same picture.
Thank you, forgot about that close up picture. Maybe made by Tesco - name on the meter. Per their website they make meter test equipment, so logical they might manufacture it. They don't show the product on their page.

BPTM - Backup Power Transfer Meter. We need them in TX (US) :). They are missing a bigger opportunity.

OP
OP

Wsh68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, Tesla Model Y
Thank you, forgot about that close up picture. Maybe made by Tesco - name on the meter. Per their website they make meter test equipment, so logical they might manufacture it. They don't show the product on their page.

BPTM - Backup Power Transfer Meter. We need them in TX (US) :). They are missing a bigger opportunity.
Just went outside and snapped this. These are the only identifying marks on it.

Ford F-150 Lightning Easy way to safely access backup power for home and free (for some PG&E customers) IMG_4654

Reactions: GDN
OP
OP

Wsh68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reactions: GDN
OP
OP

Wsh68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FYI. Pg&e lists the F-150 as a BPTM (backup power transfer meter) as an approved “generator”. they may have always listed it but I don’t remember seeing it when I filled out my application so I applied with our Yamaha generator to qualify.

Ford F-150 Lightning Easy way to safely access backup power for home and free (for some PG&E customers) IMG_3871

Sponsored

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
FYI. Pg&e lists the F-150 as a BPTM (backup power transfer meter) as an approved “generator”. they may have always listed it but I don’t remember seeing it when I filled out my application so I applied with our Yamaha generator to qualify.
Nice! It was definitely NOT there about 6 weeks ago when I filled out my application. The spreadsheet at that time (ending in -5) had these entries for Ford:

Ford F-150 Lightning Easy way to safely access backup power for home and free (for some PG&E customers) Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 9.32.56 AM

Big guy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ranger, 2008 Shelby GT, 2013 Ford Edge
Occupation
Retired
Nice! It was definitely NOT there about 6 weeks ago when I filled out my application. The spreadsheet at that time (ending in -5) had these entries for Ford:

Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 9.32.56 AM.png
Which Ford number is Lightning specific?

Big guy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
So does that mean we still can't confirm that the Lightning is approved by the power company as a backup generator? That per PG&E (plus others) it can be used as backup power with the PG&E device by just plugging it into the PG&E device without further wiring? It it was approved I would start looking to source one for my house in the Midwest.

Sponsored

Fast911

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado sold
So does that mean we still can't confirm that the Lightning is approved by the power company as a backup generator? That per PG&E (plus others) it can be used as backup power with the PG&E device by just plugging it into the PG&E device without further wiring? It it was approved I would start looking to source one for my house in the Midwest.
if you have PG&E in your location, give them a call and see if the backup power transfer meter is available in your location. It looks like a long wait in my area.
Ford F-150 Lightning Easy way to safely access backup power for home and free (for some PG&E customers) IMG_9485

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
If PG&E is not your electric utility, none of this applies to you.

Big guy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
If PG&E is not your electric utility, none of this applies to you.
I am not concerned abut getting it thru the PG&E program. I live in the midwest. It it can be approved by PG&E I would try to source if from the MFG directly. Maybe thru an electrical supply house near me.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I am not concerned abut getting it thru the PG&E program. I live in the midwest. It it can be approved by PG&E I would try to source if from the MFG directly. Maybe thru an electrical supply house near me.
Your local utility would still have to approve and install it.