• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
Wait - so the MachE also required an external battery supply during long updates? The battery wouldn't recharge from the HV during the process?
no, during updates the DC to DC converter doesn’t run. And as noted above, the 12v battery on the Mach E is very small.
Sponsored

islandboy47

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost
Welp, I'm not what one would call a "good reader" apparently and started installing my truck's updates in basically random order, which has now led me to a failed IPMA and a stuck APIM, which I've tried twice using the USB stick. Would y'all recommend I jump straight into the TSB for the stuck APIM, or maybe give it some time first? It's been about an hour so far since the last time I tried it. Also could initially running the updates in random order cause problems later on that I should be aware of? It doesn't seem like I can roll back to where I started, which might be a good idea.

P.s. you guys are amazing and the willingness of this community to help each other out is top notch.

FordConvert

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Builder
Welp, I'm not what one would call a "good reader" apparently and started installing my truck's updates in basically random order, which has now led me to a failed IPMA and a stuck APIM, which I've tried twice using the USB stick. Would y'all recommend I jump straight into the TSB for the stuck APIM, or maybe give it some time first? It's been about an hour so far since the last time I tried it. Also could initially running the updates in random order cause problems later on that I should be aware of? It doesn't seem like I can roll back to where I started, which might be a good idea.

P.s. you guys are amazing and the willingness of this community to help each other out is top notch.
I would try the TSB and retry the APIM. And always do a GWM first if one is available. Other than that the updates will trigger others if there are dependencies. Sometimes an overnight nap helps things. Stick with it and you'll get there!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
So.. I have an XL. WITH BLUE CRUISE!!

Send me your vin so I can take a look at teh state of things.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I told someone a long time ago where there is a will there is a way. THey didnt believe me.

I think it would be easier in yours since you have everything already. We would need to update everything that didnt get updated though.

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
I told someone a long time ago where there is a will there is a way. THey didnt believe me.

I think it would be easier in yours since you have everything already. We would need to update everything that didnt get updated though.
agreed. I hate when someone says it can’t be done or it’s shouldn’t be done. I have been busy with work so haven’t had time to find what files are needed for the IPC, GWM or APIM. Even trying to download my factory files there are quite a few that aren’t even in the Forscan database.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
The problem is that dealers have mechanics working on this and it take a little bit of technical computer knowledge to understand what is being done while following procedures to update computer modules. It a training issue, but also a background issue as well. Dealers will need to start hiring "Digital mechanics" to perform these functions and understand the internal networks of the vehicles and how they operate to properly service them.
Thats not going to happen till Ford gets new vehicles to the market. By time they do, they won't need as many highly trained techs. As it stands, all the techs are working on used vehicles more than new and not necessarily Fords... Used is a big market right now.
Job 1 F150s and 'stangs were the biggest hit. The tech that is at my dealer had no idea where to start and every move was being on the phone with an engineer when he got lost. They had to wait for a phone call with the vehicle in limbo before the next move.
Till then, this is the way it will stay.

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
agreed. I hate when someone says it can’t be done or it’s shouldn’t be done. I have been busy with work so haven’t had time to find what files are needed for the IPC, GWM or APIM. Even trying to download my factory files there are quite a few that aren’t even in the Forscan database.
I have them all. The only issue would be your gateway and the apim the manifest can’t be faked.

the gateway is also the big thing we have to look at the update to see what files are in that.

not sure if you’ve updated anything but if you send the vin I can get a gauge of things

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
Hello F-150 Friends,

For those of you that updated the APIM and broke free of the software updates; has anyone seen the sync screen change to where you don’t have any access to the menu buttons on the bottom? This happened after I got blue cruise activated. I’ve completed a hard rest of the APIM and nothing changes.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 30256F52-1309-4C73-BC1E-D70B691F78E7

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Hello F-150 Friends,

For those of you that updated the APIM and broke free of the software updates; has anyone seen the sync screen change to where you don’t have any access to the menu buttons on the bottom? This happened after I got blue cruise activated. I’ve completed a hard rest of the APIM and nothing changes.

30256F52-1309-4C73-BC1E-D70B691F78E7.jpeg
I think if it sits over night it make correct itself.

Did this happen right after the update, or is it a hit and miss