• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Going in on the 5th to throw on the Eibach Lowering springs, might end up on stock wheels again or upgrading to 22” to close some of the gap… we shall see
Sponsored

MontanaLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
I talked with Eibach today. The lowering kit is $399 and will drop the front 0.5" and the rear 2.9". The kit is about 1.5 months out. They didn't have any information on the rear camber adjustment options, but may know more when the lowering kit is released.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I talked with Eibach today. The lowering kit is $399 and will drop the front 0.5" and the rear 2.9". The kit is about 1.5 months out. They didn't have any information on the rear camber adjustment options, but may know more when the lowering kit is released.
Yeah, they pretty much said no but maybe.

I’ll be getting the springs installed tomorrow.

brtnstrns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Tacoma; 2022 Polestar 2 LRDM
Seems kinda dicey to drop the rear 2.3" without camber adjustment, based on what the users running the Belltech frankenstein kit have seen.

Last edited:

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
A 2 inch vertical drop (3 inch suspension shortening) with the belltech kit creates absolutely unacceptable camber. Camber Adjustment will be required or this should not be attempted.

Sponsored
OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Seems unwise to drop the rear 2.3" without camber adjustment, based on what the users running the Belltech frankenstein kit have seen.
I’m don’t think Eibach would put out a product that is not going to align back to spec.

They were initially going for the rear 3” drop but ran into the camber issues. It’s also one of the reasons they will not put out a Stage 2 coilover kit.

I’ll see how it goes since the springs will be going on their shocks also….

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m don’t think Eibach would put out a product that is not going to align back to spec.

They were initially going for the rear 3” drop but ran into the camber issues. It’s also one of the reasons they will not put out a Stage 2 coilover kit.

Eibach is a good company. But....there's no camber adjustment on the Lightning. There will need to be an aftermarket kit requiring permanent frame modification and the Icon camber kit is $400+ by itself. There's no way that they can do a drop kit and camber kit for that $399.

I know for a fact having installed it myself that a 2" drop is 2.5-3° of negative camber and looks/drives suboptimally.

brtnstrns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Tacoma; 2022 Polestar 2 LRDM

I’m definitely interested to see what happens as Eibach is at the top of my list for dropping the rear once the kit (and my truck) finally exist.

Just hoping they’re able to either have camber be sorted out, or really, ideally, have another spring option to only drop the rear a smidge

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
My credit card is on standby for this kit. It'd be nice if the front was at least an inch, but I'll take it.

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I suspect that they will use a drop link to fix the camber. No adjustment but dropping the control arm down might bring the fixed location back to spec

Sponsored

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My credit card is on standby for this kit. It'd be nice if the front was at least an inch, but I'll take it.
You can do the front now. It's unchanged from ICE F150s.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Eibach is a good company. But....there's no camber adjustment on the Lightning. There will need to be an aftermarket kit requiring permanent frame modification and the Icon camber kit is $400+ by itself. There's no way that they can do a drop kit and camber kit for that $399.

I know for a fact having installed it myself that a 2" drop is 2.5-3° of negative camber and looks/drives suboptimally.
You dropped your truck using springs?

I will post the alignment specs as soon as it’s done tomorrow.

They are not dropping springs and camber kit for $399. There is No camber kit in the works.

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You dropped your truck using springs?

I will post the alignment specs as soon as it’s done tomorrow.

They are not dropping springs and camber kit for $399. There is No camber kit in the works.
Yes. Did a whole write up on it. Check my history.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Yes. Did a whole write up on it. Check my history.
oh ok thanks. I’ll check it out.

I didn’t realize there was another Lightning specific spring and shock set up. I’ll go look.

Update: I am waiting on Eibach to respond to my email regarding rear camber and what they found with their suspension setup. Based on their respond I will decide if I go through with it. The truck to me is perfect with the lift but wanted to see the difference lowered.

Looks like the Belltech shortens the strut/shock in order to achieve the 3" where Eibach uses springs to achieve the same goal. The Belltech is also designed for an older lighter F-150 which might be the cause of uncomfortable or unbearable ride quality, I dont know. But thank you @csukoh78 for your research and putting the information out there.

Edit#2: Eibach got back to me and suggested the Icon kit for rear camber. Therefore I will not be going through with the install.
Sponsored

Last edited: