• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
The lowered version looks like what I was supposed to receive from Ford. All of the renderings when ordering looked nearly identical to the lowered version. It's what I wanted.
Ford F-150 Lightning Eibach R&D for Lightning lowering kit, leveling kit and lift kit -- submit your input MyLightni
Sponsored

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
I'd love a lowered Lightning. I hated the rake so much that I lifted it as an interim solution, but it's been a challenge to fit in most undergorund garages in the city.

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
If anyone has any question they want me to relay back to Eibach R&D please let me know.
I thought of another one for you. It would be nice to know the clearance for wheel/tire combos. What was mounted on your truck? Would I be able to fit 35s with a more neutral offset wheel?

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I thought of another one for you. It would be nice to know the clearance for wheel/tire combos. What was mounted on your truck? Would I be able to fit 35s with a more neutral offset wheel?
Stock tires. They specifically wanted stock wheels and tires to tune the suspension.

I’ll ask about wheel/tire clearance.

Sponsored
OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Here is their response:

It is most likely the largest tire you can fit with out rubbing is around a 33”, I believe our engineering is running a 34” on his F150 and it rubs before you hit full lock on the steering wheel.

We base everything we do around the OE wheel and tire as we don’t really have tools or access to check for tire size and wheel fitment.

On Sale date is TBD.

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
If it counts, I'd be in for a setup that goes lower than what they've created so far. The 3 inch drop seems to just level the rear with the front. 1 or 2 more inches lower would be awesome!

Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Just did mine... Dropped the rear about 3 inches. It's about all you can do before having serious camber issues. Rides great though!

Can't wait for someone to come out with a proper drop kit for it... I want it lower!

20230116_165206.jpg
That's the look I want it looks great.
Has anyone come out with a kit to lower the rear?

Nick O'Teen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Platinum
I took delivery of my 2023 Platinum last week. So far it has exceeded all my expectations.

As for ride height, it definitely sits higher than the F150 I've been driving for several years, and yesterday that extra height revealed itself to be a problem. I pulled into a parking garage adjacent to a high-rise office building that I've been parking in for years. I never had a problem with my previous F150 Lariat Crew Cab (which I had leveled by lowering the rear by a couple of inches), but it quickly became obvious it Lightning was not going to clear some of the concrete beams.

As I slowly progressed to an upper level I was watching the antenna make contact with some beams and I could look through the glass roof and see how dangerously close it was to impacting the structure overhead. Looking ahead I could see there were lower beams that had never been a problem before so I managed to turn around and head back down and out of the parking structure.

I cannot wait until a lowering kit from Eibach, or the like, becomes available.

H3IMDALL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718 Boxster GTS, Porsche Panamera Turbo
Occupation
Software Architect
I’d love a lowering kit as both wife and dog (think large older wolf) hate jumping up into the cabin. On a 5k mile road trip and its a pain for them and wife is starting to push for selling it when we’re back lol. It was substantially higher than I expected it to be. Almost feels lifted.

WhiteBolt

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro EV, 2004 SVT Lightning
Occupation
Manufacturing
Lowered Pic, I have no feedback on these:

IMG_1622.jpeg

If anyone has any question they want me to relay back to Eibach R&D please let me know.
I really like the lowered setup in this photo.
Questions about rear drop.....
1. Does factory bed scale still work properly?
2. Is proper rear wheel alignment still attainable?
3. Are rear CV joint angles still within spec to avoid any driveline vibration?
(I lowered my 2004 Lightning 4" in rear which induced driveshaft vibration and had to readjust pinion angle to fix the vibration.)
Sponsored