• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
🤣 I’m sure they’ll be posting pics soon, I too want to see it lowered although I opted for the lift. So far the feedback from them is that the lift rides and handles amazing. They should be putting on the lowering springs today.
Can not wait for more details! Any idea is the lift is just front coil overs? Or rear as well? It would be nice to have something somewhere between OEM and the $30,000 suspension swap from Saleen.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Can not wait for more details! Any idea is the lift is just front coil overs? Or rear as well? It would be nice to have something somewhere between OEM and the $30,000 suspension swap from Saleen.
It’s going to be front coil overs and rear shock spring

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It’s going to be front coil overs and rear shock spring
Great! I am even more excited and can not wait to see your truck and their details on the lift. However, I am a bit concerned I went a little too big with my current tires.

Sponsored
OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Either an inch lower in the front or an inch higher in the rear and that would be perfect for me.
I want to say that is what they are looking for, to leave a bit of rake, no noticeable but there.

ninjaybot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
I’ll be buying the coilovers the minute they go on sale. Can’t wait. Any idea when the hit the market?

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Better pics, they were able to get 2.6” lift up front, stock rear height with lift in rear using their shocks
That is their stage 2 suspension system?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Better pics, they were able to get 2.6” lift up front, stock rear height with rear using Eibach shocks

CBAD383C-744E-4E04-A63F-B222B65DE0E1.jpeg

B27F3259-CBC3-4409-B279-D3B6252AA177.jpeg

Lowered, didn’t get Specs

8D8433DA-30C4-4722-9A7C-7C3F6234A5EE.jpeg

3684DC11-CC0E-44C9-AE1F-2186846ABEF0.jpeg
Very interested in that lowered setup. Can't wait to learn more!

Sponsored

Strangatang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Is the lowered only on the rear?

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Is the lowered only on the rear?
The front and rear both have lowering springs/shocks. I believe they only lowered the front about 0.5", their goal was to sort of level the rear with the front instead of slamming the truck all the way down. The Lowering springs themselves were made to fit stock struts but will also work with Eibach struts if you want the full kit.

I suppose if they get enough inquiries they will make a true full coilover kit to give the option to slam it all the way down.

As far as the lift kit, I have been riding around with it for the last couple of days. This is their Stage 1 which means the fronts are not adjustable. For what I was told, they are not going to be looking to make a Stage 2 kit (Adjustable fronts) but that could change. So far it feels and drives firm, not harsh but not soft. It is very comfortable but it's not luxury comfort like it was stock. I am perfectly fine with this as now it feels and drives sportier despite being raised. You do feel the road a bit more which I prefer and it soaks up bumps/imperfections with no problem. My wife stated as a passenger she notices no difference in comfort which tells you there is not a drastic change as you usually have when you toss out stock suspension.

I did not get a chance to ride with the lowering springs, so I cannot comment on the comfort of those.

Stock Pic for comparison:

Ford F-150 Lightning Eibach R&D for Lightning lowering kit, leveling kit and lift kit -- submit your input IMG_5243

So here is my summary on the two suspension setups I've had from Eibach:

Front leveling height adjustable shocks (Prototypes, I believe these where from the ICE F-150):

- Gets rid out the bounciness when hitting dips
- No difference in ride comfort
- Levels the front with rear with a slight rake
- Handling improved slightly with less body roll
- Cost is roughly less than $350?

Ford F-150 Lightning Eibach R&D for Lightning lowering kit, leveling kit and lift kit -- submit your input D72FD6DE-972F-4126-837E-A7863B3C1450

Stage 1:

- Firm, controlled, all bounciness is eliminated.
- Handling improved significantly, you can't really feel any body roll unless you truly push it around tight corners
- No rake noticeable
- Ride comfort is mostly the same as stock but firmer
- I forgot to ask if the fronts are adjustable but I will ask Eibach
- Not sure about cost

Ford F-150 Lightning Eibach R&D for Lightning lowering kit, leveling kit and lift kit -- submit your input IMG_1619

Ford F-150 Lightning Eibach R&D for Lightning lowering kit, leveling kit and lift kit -- submit your input IMG_1647

Ford F-150 Lightning Eibach R&D for Lightning lowering kit, leveling kit and lift kit -- submit your input IMG_1646

Lowered Pic, I have no feedback on these:

Ford F-150 Lightning Eibach R&D for Lightning lowering kit, leveling kit and lift kit -- submit your input IMG_1622

If anyone has any question they want me to relay back to Eibach R&D please let me know.

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
+1 to go even lower. I have a problem and need to lower all my cars. I even slammed my wife's van 😅

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For what I was told, they are not going to be looking to make a Stage 2 kit (Adjustable fronts) but that could change.
Bummer! I was dreaming of something like the Pro-Truck stage 2 system like that they have for broncos. Capable of at least 3 inched in the front.
Sponsored