• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Ok I’ve had the shocks on a couple days now. They are fantastic and what I was hoping for. I went with a 1 inch lift in the front and kept the rear at stock height. However, it does appear the rear is a tad lower than before, maybe half inch lower in rear wheel well to tire distance. The dreaded old bed bounce is gone in the front. The only real con is you feel the small bumps on the road a bit more. But everything else feels better. Turning, off-roading, hitting curbs: all super plush now. There is a little whooped out trail near my house and I can go twice as fast now. Amazing. Just so much sportier and confidence inspiring now. Can’t wait to tow my trailer and rip around in the desert. Thank you Eibach!
8454FDEB-F0A5-4FC9-A1BE-68BE531FAF04.jpeg
4B549C7F-38F8-4856-9802-FD6B33C89543.jpeg
I know that truck, drive past your truck almost everyday 🤣. I was admiring the new tires (well I just started paying attention to tires on Lightnings since I’m due soon), almost stopped and knocked to see how you liked them.
Sponsored

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
I actually use it quite often during harvest (avocado, grapes) I mean it would ruin me to lose it, but very convenient functionality.
Thanks for sharing! I couldn't really think of many use cases, but yours definitely makes sense.

I leveled my truck with a 2" lift (puck) in the front, and I'm curious now if the scales still work.

MontanaLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
I actually use it quite often during harvest (avocado, grapes) I mean it would ruin me to lose it, but very convenient functionality.
Ford says the scales are only accurate to within 200 pounds. That's good enough for you?

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Ford says the scales are only accurate to within 200 pounds. That's good enough for you?
Yep. I find them much more accurate than that though. Really it's just for knowing if a bin is close to 800 lbs. I can do it mostly by sight, but you'd be surprised what is hidden in the bottom of a bin when you're not looking. Also a daily reminder of how fat I'm getting. Maybe new shocks will make me think I've lost 40 lbs 🤣. The ride quality on grove roads might outweigh scales functionality.

OP
OP
ninjaybot

ninjaybot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
I know that truck, drive past your truck almost everyday 🤣. I was admiring the new tires (well I just started paying attention to tires on Lightnings since I’m due soon), almost stopped and knocked to see how you liked them.
Love the tires. But I am going to try the new EV versions when the time comes.

Sponsored

surlymcm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER order. 23 Taycan 4CT, 04 E 320 wagon
Ok I’ve had the shocks on a couple days now. They are fantastic and what I was hoping for. I went with a 1 inch lift in the front and kept the rear at stock height. However, it does appear the rear is a tad lower than before, maybe half inch lower in rear wheel well to tire distance. The dreaded old bed bounce is gone in the front. The only real con is you feel the small bumps on the road a bit more. But everything else feels better. Turning, off-roading, hitting curbs: all super plush now. There is a little whooped out trail near my house and I can go twice as fast now. Amazing. Just so much sportier and confidence inspiring now. Can’t wait to tow my trailer and rip around in the desert. Thank you Eibach!
8454FDEB-F0A5-4FC9-A1BE-68BE531FAF04.jpeg
4B549C7F-38F8-4856-9802-FD6B33C89543.jpeg
That looks great. Ordering today. What size are those tires? Thanks!

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Damn, that's wild. So I mean I know the platinums have or at least had massage seats with lay flat functionality, but do we know what else is that much heavier inside the cab? More sound deadening or something?
Most likely the stuff that you said, plus speakers, sunroof, etc.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Well Lariats also have the sunroof. I mean you're probably right, it's just hard to imagine all that other stuff weighs that much more.
Most likely the stuff that you said, plus speakers, sunroof, etc.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Does anyone actually need their scales, or is it more of a cool feature to have. So many times I've had the truck loaded, and remember I should have checked the weight only after I've unloaded. Not that I need to know, but just for the novelty of it.

Personally, losing scales would be a small price to pay for a lowered Lighting!
This. I loved the selling point. Hate the actual usage.

I’m supposed to calibrate it before I load vs just hopping in and pulling it up. Seems silly and losing the scales is meh to me.

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Yes.

Front Coil:

PRO/XLT/Lariat
Wire Dia (Inches): 0.73
Rate (lb./in.): 543

Platinum
Wire Dia (Inches): 0.75
Rate (lb./in.): 600

Rear Coil:

PRO/XLT/Lariat
Wire Dia (Inches): 0.69
Rate (lb./in.): 251

Platinum
Wire Dia (Inches): 0.70
Rate (lb./in.): 280

Source:
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/downloads/2022 F-150 Lightning eSourceBook.pdf
I wonder if the actual difference is the unsprung weight vs the spring weight.

IIRC (and I may not be) my loaded Lariat is closer in weight to a Platinum than it is to a SR Pro. It wouldn’t make sense to distinguish between trims but not battery size.

I wonder if they increased the spring rate to control the heavier 22” wheel.

Also interesting to note that the curb height of the springs are higher on the Pro and the Platinum than the XLT and Lariats. Does that mean they ride higher too? Wonder if that ties to the efficiency as the Pro and the Platinum gets worse efficiency numbers…

thedadlegend

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smoked Quartz Lariat ER
@ninjaybot so you ordered front and rear shocks, but no springs? And what did you have done specifically? I'm trying to get quotes for this work but want to make sure I ask for the right thing.

Zeus SR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Pro SR
I am so excited for the lowering springs! Will definitely get them along with the shocks that are already out, a nice 1” front and 2” rear lowering would be perfect, and a tighter handling ride would be great. I’ve been driving a 2010 Infiniti G37X coupe for the last year and a 2012 Cadillac CTS4 Sport Wagon for 3 years before that, so have gotten very used to firm and well-handling suspensions. My SR Pro drives beautifully but definitely leaves room for improvement in handling! Fingers crossed Eibach solves this for us

OP
OP
ninjaybot

ninjaybot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
@ninjaybot so you ordered front and rear shocks, but no springs? And what did you have done specifically? I'm trying to get quotes for this work but want to make sure I ask for the right thing.
Correct just the shocks. The shocks have notches for the c-clip that holds the plate the springs rest on. You’re able to get 0 to almost 3 inches in the front and 0 to 1 in the rear. They ran it up as replacing shocks for 4 coil overs and an alignment.
Sponsored