• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X
I’ve been reading the NEVI plans. TEVI plan alone has thousands of fast chargers at over 400 locations. There’s no way Tesla can keep up with NEVI.
Re: TX TEVI
Texas Tesla activity in May '23 alone (and this is just crowdsourced ones).
Red/Open; Blue/Permit; Yellow/Active_construction
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning to gain access to Tesla Superchargers! Get standard NACS port starting 2025! gX4Z5wb
Sponsored

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2021 Bronco Badlands
I wonder if Tesla had to give Ford some period of exclusivity with this partnership in order for Ford to switch to NACS?

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
The con will be that CCS chargers will be the majority of the stations and Ford owners will require an adapter to use the most common chargers. As of now nobody but Tesla is planning to make an NACS charging network. But multiple competitors will have larger networks than Tesla in the next 5-10 years.
But you can still use it with an Adapter just like us current owners will access the Tesla net work with an Adapter, again there is no Con in this scenario.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Re: TX TEVI
Texas Tesla activity in May '23 alone (and this is just crowdsourced ones).
Red/Open; Blue/Permit; Yellow/Active_construction
gX4Z5wb.jpg
What a joke! Did you even look at any of the NEVI plans?

Sponsored

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Second you don't need the adapter nor to spend money for it, nor do you need to worry about Musk's money as you can continue to use all the wonderful chargers you have access today - no one is asking you to use Tesla's network.

Third - it has already been noted by Farley this morning and reported in this thread - it sounds truly as if the adapter will be sent to all existing owners when they are ready free of charge.
My experience with the "wonderful chargers" has not been so wonderful. Max rate I've seen is 76Kw. Others have had better experiences, but here in Ontario, our infrastructure quality is lacking. As for the adapter, it sounds promising. I'll believe it when the adapters show up.

Reactions: GDN

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Having access to Tesla's network is a massive improvement and you'd be tripping to think otherwise. I just had to deviate hours out of my way because there are not enough CCS chargers in WV. I will have the same issue in a month crossing Mississippi and Arkansas. If I had an adapter and could have used Tesla chargers I would have saved (and will save) hours driving.

I don't care about needing an adapter, having tons of choices will make all of our QoL so much better.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I really don’t see this as big news for Ford. Once that Supercharger to CCS adapter is available it will be available to everyone, not just Ford EV owners. What it sounds like to me is that Tesla plans to continue their predatory business practices by only allowing Ford owners account access to use the adapters.

Don’t get me wrong. If I get my hands on a Tesla adapter, I will definitely use it but that still doesn’t make me a Tesla fan. It does make me feel sorry for all the other CCS EV owners that can’t use the Superchargers because their manufacturers are not buddy buddy with Tesla.

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Focus Electric, 2017 FFE, 2020 KiaNiroEV
Buying the SR was the right move! It’s been charger anxiety all along. Farley mentioned yet again that bigger batteries is not the solution.
I got the ER just to have the ability to charge the house with bidirectional that wasn't available on the SR. I don't need the bigger battery and actually don't want it but I really wanted that feature. I have 0 range anxiety since this is my 3rd EV in 10 years (still own all of them) and the SR has plenty for my needs but we live in a rural area with hurricanes so I know I will use the truck to power the house.. I just need to figure out the best way to do it since the SunRun option seems like a nightmare!

Sponsored

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
A rough plan doesn't mean anything without proven companies that can get the equipment and meet a schedule. Otherwise it is just a plan and talk.

I couldn't find a schedule and who is building the DCFCs.

Watch this site for TXs. Those TEVI plans include Tesla Superchargers.
https://txdot.maps.arcgis.com/apps/dashboards/d27f48e770fa483c81c4af7dfec28e45
griS3jh.jpg
Doing a bit of backpedaling are we? EA and the Tesla Supercharger networks were just plans when they started but NEVI will be bigger than all the chargers of all the current providers put together.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Now all we need is for Ford to partner with Tesla on the home integration system for bi directional power. Getting rid of Sunrun and adding Tesla as the integrator would be awesome.
uh, no, from person experience

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I really don’t see this as big news for Ford. Once that Supercharger to CCS adapter is available it will be available to everyone, not just Ford EV owners. What it sounds like to me is that Tesla plans to continue their predatory business practices by only allowing Ford owners account access to use the adapters.

Don’t get me wrong. If I get my hands on a Tesla adapter, I will definitely use it but that still doesn’t make me a Tesla fan. It does make me feel sorry for all the other CCS EV owners that can’t use the Superchargers because their manufacturers are not buddy buddy with Tesla.
If you have the adaptor, but no FordPass account, how do you expect to initiate the charge on another manufacturers EV?

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Once that Supercharger to CCS adapter is available it will be available to everyone, not just Ford EV owners.
Ford EV owners will be in the Tesla Ecosystem, plug N charge. Other EV's will not and will only be able to activate using the app where there is a magic dock. So just Ford EV's will be able to sip from the oasis.

NEVI will be bigger than all the chargers of all the current providers put together.
NEVI will include NACS ports, show me some math. Plot a projection of Tesla only chargers vs CCS only chargers.