• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Right?!! Especially if they can figure out how to enable the EA reduced rate with plug N charge. I'd sign up to be able to use both SC and that. I travel enough times throughout the year to make it worth it (assuming that $50 annual fee stays the same).

On that note, do you think they're going to require subscribing to the Blue Oval network to gain access?
Absolutely.
Sponsored

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X
This is great news. Although there still will be many logistical challenges (short chords, no trailer space, tight spaces for trucks); we could not have hoped for a more reliable and speedy expansion of Lightning charging opportunities. To add 12,000 chargers in 6-8 months is phenomenal. The fact that the Supercharger network is continually expanding is another great benefit. Masterful work by Farley and Musk— my hat’s off to both of them and the teams who will solve the logistical issues to make it work.
Below is from yesterday and the day before.
9 with 8 stalls (plugs)
4 with 12 stalls (plugs)
2 with 16 stalls (plugs)
1 with 20 stalls (plugs)
2 with 32 stalls (plugs)
1 with 40 stalls (plugs)

Crowdsources Tesla Supercharger changes/adds/updates --> supercharge.info

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning to gain access to Tesla Superchargers! Get standard NACS port starting 2025! 8iUR3X3

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning to gain access to Tesla Superchargers! Get standard NACS port starting 2025! 2LhM9e6

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning to gain access to Tesla Superchargers! Get standard NACS port starting 2025! utxHNTy

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
He didn't say free.....
I believe he did say they would be sent to all existing EV owners. Not all would pay for one. He definitely inferred it. He knows the pressure will be there and he truly knows the substandard experience we have today. I'm 99% sure they will be free and we'll all get one. If not - I'll never complain, just take my money.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Man just saw the interview and here sure did say the would be shipping out an adapter. Also Looks like it’ll start early 2024!
That is really surprising - I figured that would hit us up for a grand or 2 for the adapter.

Sponsored

BoomerRocco

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150 5.0, 2023 Lightning Pro
Video for those who are interested:
Thanks for sharing the video. Good interview and I think a key point is that he implies that Ford is not saying this is the standard:
Over time I think the standard is going to be who takes care of customers the best
Saying we are only in the second inning means he understands that the standard can easily go either way.

His wording also seems to imply a preference for replacing CCS with NACS as he repeatedly talks about using adapters to take advantage of both types of chargers.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Now all we need is for Ford to partner with Tesla on the home integration system for bi directional power. Getting rid of Sunrun and adding Tesla as the integrator would be awesome.
I wonder if this is part of the deal for the 2nd gen. Farley in his interview said the decision was pretty much based on customer feedback and I’m sure they have been receiving feedback on how trash SunRun has been.

I just noticed this new to me station near my home 🥰

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning to gain access to Tesla Superchargers! Get standard NACS port starting 2025! IMG_2112

Last edited:

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado
Occupation
Construction
I believe he did say they would be sent to all existing EV owners. Not all would pay for one. He definitely inferred it. He knows the pressure will be there and he truly knows the substandard experience we have today. I'm 99% sure they will be free and we'll all get one. If not - I'll never complain, just take my money.
Yep I listened again and he definitely implied that "all" existing customers would get an adapter, I would buy one for a few hundred but free is better!

jefrank

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2004 BMW 330Ci
On that note, do you think they're going to require subscribing to the Blue Oval network to gain access?
I'd almost count on it... they need something compelling to make us want to subscribe to the network beyond just plug n charge.

Sponsored

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Jim Farley (Ford CEO) announced minutes ago on CNBC Ford will be sending to all EV Owners (past and present) free adapters in the future.
This is all so surprising. So far, it seems very customer-forward. A strange reversal since last week's 800 a year subscription thing for blue cruise.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
This is all so surprising. So far, it seems very customer-forward. A strange reversal since last week's 800 a year subscription thing for blue cruise.
A bundle perhaps? Blues Clues + Tesla SC…

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Tesla folk anxious about all the CCS-1 adapted traffic should rejoice, more traffic means more revenue and opportunity for Tesla to expand where increased demand is located.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Tesla folk anxious about all the CCS-1 adapted traffic should rejoice, more traffic means more revenue and opportunity for Tesla to expand where increased demand is located.
The only thing they are anxious about is their stock lol……..

I think most of us just want reliability in order to be able to enjoy our trucks on long trips without sweating it.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I would kill for SC access next weekend going into Chicago. The Indiana Turnpike has 1 "fast charging" plaza. They are 50kW and only one of two works going Westbound. Then the EA and EVgo chargers north of the city are all sketchy on Plugshare.
Sponsored