• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150 Lightning FORscan thread

alanack

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y-2022, F150 Platinum-2018
The Matrix/Anti-Glare headlights are fantastic! Went for a quick drive. Over a certain speed you get best of both worlds... High beam, and not dazzling people. It seemed to keep the high beams on even when following behind a car ahead. The light blocking is very subtle, but it really works. The green lights on indicator on the dash no longer flips to the blue when they are working, so you can only tell by watching them. Great stuff, and thanks for the guide!
Can you share which guide you followed please. Thanks.
Sponsored

bordner42

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
Has anyone been able to get PaaK enabled even if it wasn't standard with the truck (Pro trim)?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Has anyone been able to get PaaK enabled even if it wasn't standard with the truck (Pro trim)?
There are definitely options for it in FORScan but for it to work the FordPass App would have to allow it as well. There also may be missing hardware like Automatic Cruise Control.

klossfam

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat & 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ltd
Occupation
Retired
What I successfully configured today in FORScan:

OEM Bed Lights (works with Zone Lighting if your vehicle came with ZL)
Turn Signal Blinker - 5 Blinks
Open/Close Front Windows via KeyFob
Disabled Double Honk on Exit while Vehicle Running
Courtesy Wipe, 3 seconds (after windshield washer fluid is used, found in SCCM)

Configured but not verified yet:
Glare-Free Headlights

@GDN I noticed in an earlier post on Glare-Free headlights you were discussing High Beam vs Low Beam. It appears if you go into the SCCM programming (the non-AsBuilt) there are a couple options that might deal with this, namely "Adaptive Front Lighting System" and "Auto high beam". In AFLS there is an option to "1 - Enabled", and on AHB there is an option for "3 - Glare free high beam". I haven't messed with either of those, as I need to test and verify my original Glare-free settings work. My current settings on those (after changes I made today) are Disabled, and Adaptive Drive Beam.
Hey Beav - I'm a veteran FORscan user but I can't find the coding in any of the forums for bed lights on with zone lighting? I've done every other mod I wanted and have put the laptop and OBD cable down for a while.

Can you point me in the direction of the coding for this? I assume the bed light auto off when the rest of the zone light turns off (?)

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Hey Beav - I'm a veteran FORscan user but I can't find the coding in any of the forums for bed lights on with zone lighting? I've done every other mod I wanted and have put the laptop and OBD cable down for a while.

Can you point me in the direction of the coding for this? I assume the bed light auto off when the rest of the zone light turns off (?)
There wasn't a specific setting for Bed Lights w/ Zone Lighting. My Pro came with Zone Lighting (Tow Tech Package), when I enabled the OEM Bed Lights in FORScan it worked with the factory default Zone Lighting. The FORScan instructions I followed are at the below link, this was how I activated the OEM Bed Lights after I installed them:

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/xlt-oem-bed-lights-install.13467/

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
Unless I’m totally missing it in the menus, my 22 Pro (with tow tech) does not have zone lightning.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Unless I’m totally missing it in the menus, my 22 Pro (with tow tech) does not have zone lightning.
Hmm, I have a MY23 with Max Tow and Tow Tech.

Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread 16735634196623855297599475984143

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Just a quick warning, my MY23 Pro was not supported on the newest version of Forscan.

v2.3.50 doesn't seem to work with all MY23 yet.

The developers have sent me a test version v2.3.51 that does work.
Can you share that test version?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

klossfam

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat & 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ltd
Occupation
Retired
There wasn't a specific setting for Bed Lights w/ Zone Lighting. My Pro came with Zone Lighting (Tow Tech Package), when I enabled the OEM Bed Lights in FORScan it worked with the factory default Zone Lighting. The FORScan instructions I followed are at the below link, this was how I activated the OEM Bed Lights after I installed them:

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/xlt-oem-bed-lights-install.13467/
Thanks for the info on that. I have the Lariat, so the ZL and Bed Lights were present. I'm used to my past Ridgelines were if you opened the tailgate barn door style, the bed lights came on. If you lowered it traditionally, they did not come on so that you could haul cargo with the tailgate down.

Ford's switch in the bed for the lights is small and hard to find in really dark conditions. Of course, I'll get used to the location and be able to hit it first try. Seems ironic on a truck with so much lighting. Kind of like no back lighting on the Homelink on the visor. RAM has their visor Homelink backlit and it is really useful.

First world problems of course. Back when I drove a 1974 Vega, we did not even dream about these features and capabilities. Simpler times...

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT, 13 Raptor, 13 X5M, 03 Excursion
I have a lightbar, not installed yet.

First I need to find someone with a Model Year 2023 SR XLT, with Tow Tech and Max Tow.

I have a couple ideas (aside from FORscan) to get it running, if I can't get it to work with FORscan.

If someone has a SR XLT with Tow Tech and Max Tow, would you please send me a message with your VIN? I'm trying to compare an XLT AsBuilt to a Pro AsBuilt. Thanks!
Do you still need someone with an SR XLT with the two packages? That's exactly what I have and I just got everything I need to use Forscan.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Do you still need someone with an SR XLT with the two packages? That's exactly what I have and I just got everything I need to use Forscan.
Wouldn't hurt, I'm trying to analyze some differences in AsBuilt between the XLT and Pro. Would you mind DM'ing me your VIN so I can grab the AsBuilt?

skattch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I've started playing around with module configuration in our Lariat ER using FORscan and didn't see any dedicated threads for this subject. It would be nice to have a centralized place to share troubleshooting tips. The public version of FORscan doesn't work with BEVs, so you need to email the support team and they may choose to share a BEV-enabled beta version with you. Unsurprisingly, there's a lot of module overlap between the ICE F150 and the Lightning so you can get a good idea of how to enable settings via this thread from FORScan guru @Livnitup. I've tried the following setting changes. MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP YOUR ASBUILT DATA BEFORE MAKING CHANGES. SOME CHANGES WILL BE UPLOADED TO THE MOTORCRAFT SERVICES ASBUILT SITE AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RECOVER THE ORIGINAL SETTINGS. ALSO BACKUP YOUR FORScan SETTINGS REGULARLY.

Global window open/close using keyfob:
successful in Lariat ER with 5/5/22 build date, but it only works on the front windows because one-touch is not enabled in the back windows.

DDM740-06-02xxxxxxxx01--
PDM741-06-02xxxxxxxx01--
DDM740-06-0301xxxxxxxx--
PDM741-06-0301xxxxxxxx--
BCM726-11-02xx01xx01xx--
BCM726-22-01xxxxxxxx01--
BCM726-22-02xxxxxxxx01--
APIM7D0-09-01xxxxxExxxx--

Propulsion sound: in progress, so far unsuccessful. I was able to make the button show up on the drive mode page by changing the APIM coding at 7D0-09-05, but it only stays on for a second before switching off. I don't notice any difference in motor sound for the brief moment it stays on. I assume that there is another setting in the ACM that needs to be changed to enable it. I guess it's possible that there is some hardware that is missing in non-Platinum trims but that seems less likely.

APIM7D0-09-05xxCxxxxxxx--

changing 727-01-01 to "xxxx xxxx 0x--" does not enable propulsion sound.​

Glare-free (matrix) headlights (localized dimming of brights based on surrounding traffic): Successful Lariat ER with 5/5/22 build date. The necessary hardware is available in my Lariat ER trim. The swiveling (dynamic bending) lights continue to work with these settings. Settings were adapted from this F150gen14 ICE forum thread. Also thanks to @FlasherZ and

APIM7D0-09-01x1xxxxxxxx--
APIM7D0-09-03xxCxxxxxxx--
IPMA706-01-01xxxxxxx9xx--
SCCM724-04-01xxx4xxxxxx--
HCM734-01-02xxxxx2xxxx-
HCM734-03-02xxxxxxx1x1--
HCM734-11-01073589
IPC720-01-01xx8xxxxxxx--
IPC720-10-01xxxxxxx3xx--

Motor/battery numerical temperature: not successful, may not be possible. The ICE trucks let you surface numerical values for the coolant and transmission temperatures and I'm assuming there's something similar for the Lightning.

Changing 720-07-01 to "xxxx xxE5 xx--" or "xxxx xxA5 xx--" doesn't enable numerical temperature display​
Disable double honk with exit of running vehicle: successful in Lariat ER with 5/5/22 build date.

BCM726-63-02xxx0xxxxxx--

Lincoln Folding Mirrors Setting (folds when locked--only unfolds when ignition started): successful in Lariat ER with 5/5/22 build date.

DDM740-03-16xxxxxxxx01--
PDM741-03-16xxxxxxxx01--

Disable Seatbelt Reminder: successful in Lariat ER with 5/5/22 build date.

IPC720-01-01xxxxxx0xxx--

DRL/Lightbar Brightness Adjustment (From @jredondox)

BCM 726-42-01 x2x2 xxxx xxxx
BCM (this setting adjusts brightness) 726-38-01 xxxx 64xx xxxx
64 =100%
5A = 90%
4B =75%
32 = 50%
19 = 25%
0A =10%

Change Number of Blinks in Turn Indicator (From @jredondox)
724-01-01 XXXX-8CXX XX for 3 clicks
724-01-01 XXXX-94XX XX for 5 clicks
724-01-01 XXXX-98XX XX for 6 clicks

Please post if you've found any other settings that work with the Lightning.
Sorry if I am a little slow but I am a little confused by the directions and I want to ensure I understand the coding before going any further.

I am starting with FORScan by trying to change my mirrors to Lincoln style. I can see from the keys above that the first two nodes of PDM key remain unchanged. I can also see the first two characters of the third node should be '01'. But what do the dashes represent in '01--'? Are we supposed to blank out those characters or leave what is there as is (what the 'x' represents). It does not work to just change the third node from '0016' (which is what it was) to '01' nor does '0100' work.

Thanks,
Sponsored