• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Failed to charge on scheduled preferred times

Dan's Lightning

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
Tonight my lightning failed to charge on schedule (preferred times) on Ford Pro Charger.
I plug in every day when I get home and my charging starts at 8:00 p.m. to 90%. Tonight I checked the app at 10pm. And charging had failed to start! I tried restarting my phone, didn't keep, I tried to go to Preferred times and verified my schedule all ok, weekdays and weekends all set to 8:00 p.m. to charge, has worked flawlessly for 2 months and tonight didn't work.
I had to click the charge to 100% button and then monitor the charging and then I stopped it at 90% myself. I don't know...
Thoughts?
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Mine does that every once in awhile.

Point blank, Ford's software sucks. You can't trust it. The truck fails to wake up and that's why it didn't start to charge. You can get it to start in this situation by just unlocking the doors.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
did charging actually 'fail' to start, or had it just not NEEDED to start, yet? A schedule to charge does not mean the charging will start at the 'beginning' timeframe, only that it will END at the ending timeframe - the truck makes the decision when to start during that timeframe... if your battery was already above a certain percentage, it may not have needed to start until well after 10pm when you checked it... when you pressed 'charge to 100% immediately', yes, it would then start immediately.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
did charging actually 'fail' to start, or had it just not NEEDED to start, yet? A schedule to charge does not mean the charging will start at the 'beginning' timeframe, only that it will END at the ending timeframe - the truck makes the decision when to start during that timeframe... if your battery was already above a certain percentage, it may not have needed to start until well after 10pm when you checked it... when you pressed 'charge to 100% immediately', yes, it would then start immediately.
That's not how it works. It doesn't matter if it has to go 1% or 100%. Scheduled charging starts at the beginning of the window.

There were 2 or 3 times last year my truck didn't charge overnight. During the summer it didn't matter. I can get 2 commutes out of my 90% charge level. I can't get that during the winter, and up until recently, there were no DC chargers on my route. So I would have to stay up to make sure it started.

OP
OP
Dan's Lightning

Dan's Lightning

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes buggy Software, had another incident over the weekend returning from a family Mountain ski trip. Go to leave just unplugged from charging to 100% for the long drive home and the big screen is frozen and cannot control the climate control or get into vehicle drive modes, xm radio didn't work, cabin temperature set on max,
Driver's seat temperature set on max, front passenger seat temperature off, all stuck!
I didn't remember the buttons on the steering wheel to reset so I had to drive for an hour with the windows open and the family sweating, my ass was so hot at times I had to put cruise control on and lift my ass off the seat while driving and the windows open! Thanks Ford!
While we were driving my youngest son Googled it and we figured out the two buttons on the steering wheel to soft reset the screen. We pulled over at our first rest stop jumped out of the truck to cool off as cabin was on fire it felt like. I did the soft reset from the two steering wheel buttons and the screen rebooted itself and everything went back to normal! Thank goodness.
Another lesson learned on the buggy software...
Now I have to figure out why it didn't charge on schedule tonight...
Ford if you're reading this you got to do better than this...
Not acceptable in my eyes..

Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Never seen that scenario. Mine always starts at the start time but just the finish time is variable depending on my SOC when it started

OP
OP
Dan's Lightning

Dan's Lightning

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was at about 65% and it should have started charging at 8:00 p.m. and stop at 90%.
It did not tonight.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I stand corrected, as I was unconsciously referring to my wife's '22 KIA Sorento PHEV, which has a similar 'wonky' charge schedule setup, and can be problematic, at times, when it doesn't 'start' like it should...

My Lightning's schedule of 11pm to 5pm works flawlessly, though, all the time, with no issues... but, I have it set this way to protect it from starting TOO SOON, outside of my EV Charge Rate Plan with Georgia Power... if I set it at the 'specific' 11pm to 7am timeframe, the truck inevitably will many times START way before 11pm, since it thinks it MUST reach the set SOC by 7am. It took many days/weeks to finally find out the 'sweet spot' to make this work... FORD should, yes, have an easier-to-understand scheduling settings...

Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
The calendar change at new years caused several schedule related problems. My "charge to 100" stopped at midnight and the radio reset itself.

I wasn't at home but my scheduled times worked fine the next day.

Double check that you have connectivity in fordpass and that fordpass settings match what is in the truck.

Also, the fcsp should be accessible through the fordpass app. If you can't connect then the fcsp breaker should be turned off for a couple of minutes then back on to regain the connection.

mefly2

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER / KO2s max tow ; 22 F350, 23 C8 Vette
Occupation
Retired CSc/Math teacher. LEO
All worked fine with the cell phone app -until it didn't! Hard reset twice for the modem by cutting 12v supply... followed by many calls to Ford Pass CS with escalations (we will call you back - only your dealer can contact the super secret phone number to get actual info / service ... "our engineers are working on this for you" * to that I say Bull shorts*) ---> ending with a visit from my dealer's mobile service van. Still nada for fixing the communication problem.
I can no longer set departure times and only sometimes does my scheduled charging take place via the app. All seems to work fine when entered from the truck's input screen. For me the Ford Pass app is useless!

OP
OP
Dan's Lightning

Dan's Lightning

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All worked fine with the cell phone app -until it didn't! Hard reset twice for the modem by cutting 12v supply... followed by many calls to Ford Pass CS with escalations (we will call you back - only your dealer can contact the super secret phone number to get actual info / service ... "our engineers are working on this for you" * to that I say Bull shorts*) ---> ending with a visit from my dealer's mobile service van. Still nada for fixing the communication problem.
I can no longer set departure times and only sometimes does my scheduled charging take place via the app. All seems to work fine when entered from the truck's input screen. For me the Ford Pass app is useless!
😳😳😳😳😳😳
😵😵😵😵😵😵
😱😱😱😱😱😱

OP
OP
Dan's Lightning

Dan's Lightning

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tonight it charged on schedule, last night it didn't.
Hope it's not going to turn into what mefly2 is going through...
😱😳

Ford F-150 Lightning Failed to charge on scheduled preferred times Screenshot_20240104_221930_FordPass