• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
We took delivery of our Lariat ER on Thursday and took a 210 mile day trip to the local San Diego mountains on Sunday. Here are some of the facts:

1. ER version with Max Tow
2. Standard 20" tires, pressure 45 lbs. (as received from the dealer)
3. Bak 2 tonneau cover (bought through Ford and dealer installed)
4. Yakima hitch mount bike rack with two mountain bikes
5. Temperature ranged from 70-94 degrees
6. Light to no wind
6. Started and ended at 440 feet above sea level and maxed out at 5,700 feet
7. Approximately 135 miles on the interstate at 65MPH and the balance on two lane highways at speeds 30-55

At the start the vehicle showed 97% and 294 miles of projected range. The trip planner estimated 80 miles of range at the finish (28%). At the conclusion of the trip, which was a blast, we had 30% of the battery left and an estimated range of 90 miles. That works out to 2.38 mi/kw (if my math is correct😬).

I was very pleased with the actual range given the elevation changes and the overall performance of the truck on the mountain roads. Very easy and relaxing to drive.

The only real downside was the Ford Nav and Trip planner. What a shit show! As previously advised on the Forum I had both ABRP and Google Maps running as a backup and highly recommend doing as well.

A couple of examples. About halfway through the trip the Ford Nav said that we still had 127 miles to go when in fact it was only 104. Also, it had us turning off on every dirt road that we came upon. It was very annoying and we finally just switched over to Apple Car Play. Another annoyance was that the trip that we had "planned" on the FordPass App and uploaded to the truck had to be re-started through the touch screen every time we stopped and turned off the truck. A real pain.

Hopefully these, and other issues/shortcomings of the app and touch screen can and will be addressed by Ford through over the air updates.
Great write up. Still haven't figured out which Nav I like. I do like that built in will tell you about carpool lanes, but the whole starting trip again after a stop is a pain. Been trying ABRP with the OBD connection, which is good. Maybe Apple Maps will add the charge stops like they did for Mustangs.

Anyway, beautiful truck and some great scenery for it's inaugural trip.
Sponsored

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Took delivery of my Lightning on 8/6. Already installed various accessories and run 400 miles. Today we loaded the kayaks and headed to Lake Jocasse SC. The yaks were sticking above the cab, creating some air resistance. We are getting ready to tow our camper at the end of the month.
5000+ lbs to tow to the coast, 250 miles away.
The total trip of 98 miles was done at an average 60 mph and 2.1 to 2.3 miles per KW. A consistent number throughout the trip. The NAV system was spot on for us. Forgot to set the system to recognize my voice. The vehicle drew all kind of looks. Few jaws were hanging when we stopped at our favorite road stand to load on some groceries. Put them all in the FRUNK. We tried to contain ourselves. This coming weekend we pulling our camper 70 miles away. I will control my speed and acceleration to maximize my range. Hopefully 1.3 to 1.5 miles per KW.
The Lightning is a wonderful truck. Stay tuned.