• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Fleet Lightning Pro w/ Extended Range Battery -- comes with higher output or standard motors?

piratefan2

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT-ER, 24 Silverado, 06 Silverado
Do the fleet Pros with the Extended Range Battery come with the higher output motors? Or do they have the standard motors?
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Do the fleet Pros with the Extended Range Battery come with the higher output motors? Or do they have the standard motors?
AFAIK, the motors in the SR and ER are the same.

The ER models can supply more peak power to the motor which accounts for the HP increase.

The HP increase is (so far) not really noticeable unless towing or accelerating at high speeds (in theory).

Having owned my SR Pro for a little while now, I can honestly say I wouldn't buy the ER even if I could. No noticeable performance difference, and I would rarely use the extra range (especially not worth the price increase for me).

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
AFAIK, the motors in the SR and ER are the same.

The ER models can supply more peak power to the motor which accounts for the HP increase.

The HP increase is (so far) not really noticeable unless towing or accelerating at high speeds (in theory).

Having owned my SR Pro for a little while now, I can honestly say I wouldn't buy the ER even if I could. No noticeable performance difference, and I would rarely use the extra range (especially not worth the price increase for me).
Surprisingly, according to Motor Trend, there's nearly no difference between ER Platinum and SR Pro even after 60mph.

SR Pro did 0-60 in 4.2s. Platinum in 4.0s.
SR Pro did the 1/4-mile in 12.9s@104mph. Platinum in 12.7s@105mph.

I thought it would be close to 60 (which it is) and then maybe increase the gap at higher speeds, but apparently not. SR is close all the way to at least 104mph.

OP
OP

piratefan2

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT-ER, 24 Silverado, 06 Silverado
Thank you both! I didn’t realize the difference in HP was simply due to the power supply difference.

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
The ER battery weighs like 600 lbs more.
That added weight somewhat offsets the added power for 0-60.
Worse, it also reduces your available Payload.
They rate the towing capacity as higher with the ER battery, but that seems like it would only kick in on uphill slogs.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Surprisingly, according to Motor Trend, there's nearly no difference between ER Platinum and SR Pro even after 60mph.

SR Pro did 0-60 in 4.2s. Platinum in 4.0s.
SR Pro did the 1/4-mile in 12.9s@104mph. Platinum in 12.7s@105mph.

I thought it would be close to 60 (which it is) and then maybe increase the gap at higher speeds, but apparently not. SR is close all the way to at least 104mph.
Agreed - but the Platinum is the slowest of the ER trucks. Extra weight and larger wheels.

Speed should be something like this, fastest to slowest:

XLT ER
Lariat ER
Platinum ER
Pro SR
XLT SR
Lariat SR

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Agreed - but the Platinum is the slowest of the ER trucks. Extra weight and larger wheels.

Speed should be something like this, fastest to slowest:

XLT ER
Lariat ER
Platinum ER
Pro SR
XLT SR
Lariat SR
Agreed, but the article I saw from Motor Trend didn't give the Lariat's 1/4-mile, only 0-60, which was 3.8s.

Now that I went back to it, there's a link to the full Lariat Test.

Trim: 0-60, 1/4

Lariat ER: 3.8, [email protected]
Platinum: 4.0, [email protected]
Pro: 4.2, [email protected]

So, that fills in the times somewhat, but the point remains, the ER is definitely quicker, but it doesn't look like it walks away from the Pro after 60mph, like it seemed like it might. The gap only increased by 0.1s for the Lariat->Pro and didn't change at all for Platinum->Pro. So, they're still pulling away slowly because they're faster to 60mph, but they aren't substantially increasing their rate of pulling away from the Pro at high speeds.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
The gap only increased by 0.1s for the Lariat->Pro and didn't change at all for Platinum->Pro.
I'm confused by your math. The numbers you posted seem to indicate a half-second difference between the trims and not a .1s difference.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I'm confused by your math. The numbers you posted seem to indicate a half-second difference between the trims and not a .1s difference.
I’m comparing the 0-60 difference between Pro and ER to the 1/4-mile difference between Pro and ER.

The Pro is behind the Lariat by 0.4s at 60 and behind the Lariat by 0.5s in the 1/4-mile, a difference of 0.1s. It's not the perfect comparison, but it doesn't seem like the ER is running away from the SR after 60, which seemed likely based on the horsepower difference and how EVs put down power.

Also, some of the acceleration difference to 60 is probably tires. The Platinum stops 7ft shorter than the Pro from 60mph despite weighing 801 lb more and comfortably wins all the handling tests despite weighing 13% more.
Sponsored