• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Floor mats recommendations? - Lightning Lariat

tubby

First Name
Press
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
There are lots of choices that make it tougher, but I asked the Ford dealer what their most popular one was and what people liked which means they likely stock them so that is the one I got. Obviously, FordPass points contributed to that decision. So, they are OEM and there is no reason not to like them. You can always find better or worse ones.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I had the Ford mats, and their coverage is inadequate for winter. They, as all OEMs do, cut out the area under the accelerator, which renders the mats useless IMO.

I've had WeatherTech in the past. I looked at the Tuxmats, but it's too much. Over the Black Friday weekend, I bought the Husky X-act Contours for an amazing price of $97.64 (they are currently $124.38). That's for the fronts only, I kept the Ford one in the back, it has no brand on it and is adequate. The X-act Contours are soft, not hard and slippery like the WeatherTech or other Husky mats.

Husky is running a promotion right now where you get a free bed mat if you buy before year end (online form on their website). That's worth $140! Note - purchase must be made by 12/31/23, rebate has until 1/31/24 to be submitted, and you need the mats in your possession to process it. You can buy the mats anywhere, don't need to buy them on Husky's website.

I've got my Ford front mats up for sale, and I plan on selling the crappy Ford bedmat when the Husky one arrives.

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
I would not waste money on the Ford OEM floor mat options. Weathertech makes laser fitted floor liners. Get those.
While I am a Weathertech fan, I did get the Ford mats and they are perfectly fine. I actually like how they are a bit more "supple" than WTs which are very firm.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Ford Pass Points in exchange for the OEM ones have been great. No complaints about the rubber OEM ones.

The F-150 logo even matches the grey interior/Avalanche color.

Sponsored

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I got the OEM mats mainly because I could use FordPass Rewards. While some aftermarket ones may be better, the OEMs are perfectly adequate.
I also have the OEM mats. Perfectly fine.
Since my Lightning came off the line in July of 22, Weathertech has not made any available for the Lightning yet. All my vehicles including my Mach E have Weathertech floor mats. Either one will do just fine.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I've been happy with Tuxmat. Had it for over a year, in harsh winter conditions and a total of 18,000 miles. No complaints

Jimbalf

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I bought Rough Country floor mats for the Lightning and they fit perfectly. Wife spilled a glass of red wine on the floor 2 days later and not a drop hit the carpet. Easy cleanup. Whew!

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I bought Rough Country floor mats for the Lightning and they fit perfectly. Wife spilled a glass of red wine on the floor 2 days later and not a drop hit the carpet. Easy cleanup. Whew!
Ok, what the hell is going on here? Drinking in your vehicle is one thing, but how on earth did you let your wife bring red wine into it? Were you promised favors? OMG! :D

Jimbalf

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Hah! She loves the comfort and treats it like her living room!

Warren

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Carpenter
Got the Husky bed mat today. Fits really well and looks pretty durable. Floor mats that I got a few days ago are also nice. Filled out the rebate form, so should be getting the bed mat refunded.

johnnyonetime

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
We’ve had WeatherTech mats in our previous two F-150’s and an Escape.
Didn’t like the way they curled up at the edges. Tried Tuxmat for the Lightning Lariat and couldn’t be happier. Great fit and custom look adds to the total package. Year old with 23k miles showing no signs of wear.