• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Branded DCFC (install in process at my dealer)

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Drove by my dealer (Les Stumpf in Appleton, WI) recently and noticed they have a Ford Branded DCFC install taking place, and looks like a Pad prepped for a 2nd one? It did not appear to be powered on yet.

I did a little bit of research and it looks like this specific model charger is available for Fleet customers. (see attached brochure screenshot)

I believe as part of the Model E certification the dealers are required to install a minimum 120kw DCFC, so it would make sense that this specific FORD branded charger (Max 120kw) would be the logical choice by many dealers.

If true, that would indicate actual charger install movement via the Dealer MODEL E certification process, which is positive progress for sure.

Has anyone else seen these DCFC getting installed at Ford dealers?

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Branded DCFC (install in process at my dealer) Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 10.37.55 AM

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Branded DCFC (install in process at my dealer) IMG_2893
Sponsored

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE & 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I just love seeing DC Fast Charging lighting up in that part of WI! Now, if only they could get some more going along I-43 between MKE and Door County. I did see that a Cadillac dealer in Sheboygan now has a 50kw DC "Fast" charger, which should suffice in a pinch. Sorry to derail your thread ever so slightly.

Dave70

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
I'm near WI Dells, and really surprised there's no real DCFC in the area. Of course Tesla has a nice bank of them near, but for a tourist area, very little.

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
My dealer in Emporia has the pad poured & is waiting for the transformer from the power company to arrive.

OP
OP
luebri

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I'm near WI Dells, and really surprised there's no real DCFC in the area. Of course Tesla has a nice bank of them near, but for a tourist area, very little.
And your area of the state has way more than mine!

I just love seeing DC Fast Charging lighting up in that part of WI! Now, if only they could get some more going along I-43 between MKE and Door County. I did see that a Cadillac dealer in Sheboygan now has a 50kw DC "Fast" charger, which should suffice in a pinch. Sorry to derail your thread ever so slightly.
EA has 2 installs (Green Bay & Oak Creek) that broke ground ~9 months ago that appear ready to go live but still have not gone live! Ridiculously slow process.

the oak creek one would be my go to when going to Chicago. It’s in a great location. I’ve taken my wife’s ICE a few times now when flying out of Ohare but if the Oak creek one were open I’d feel a lot better doing it in my lightning.

Right now my hopes that DCFC improves in order of likelihood / expediency are….

1) Tesla adapter and/or magic docks.
2) Ford Model E efforts and other dealer / auto manufacturers DCFC efforts.
3 to 98) anything else
99) EA becoming somewhat competent
100) Government (Nevi) driven rollouts

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Branded DCFC (install in process at my dealer) IMG_2904

Sponsored

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
When I was picking up my lightning 3 weeks ago my dealership was installing 4 to 6 level 2 chargers and my salesman said they were getting ready to do the DC fast chargers as well.

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
Drove by my dealer (Les Stumpf in Appleton, WI) recently and noticed they have a Ford Branded DCFC install taking place, and looks like a Pad prepped for a 2nd one? It did not appear to be powered on yet.

I did a little bit of research and it looks like this specific model charger is available for Fleet customers. (see attached brochure screenshot)

I believe as part of the Model E certification the dealers are required to install a minimum 120kw DCFC, so it would make sense that this specific FORD branded charger (Max 120kw) would be the logical choice by many dealers.

If true, that would indicate actual charger install movement via the Dealer MODEL E certification process, which is positive progress for sure.

Has anyone else seen these DCFC getting installed at Ford dealers?

Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 10.37.55 AM.png

IMG_2893.jpeg
Interesting. The brochure states it’s only 300A. I believe the Lightning’s nominal voltage is 375V so I don’t think we’d ever see the 120kW max. The highest voltage I’ve seen my battery is in the low 390s at higher SoC. Regardless, 112kW is still a decent speed compared to those 62kW chargepoint units that are all over.

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
This is just a normal PowerElectronics DCFC with a FORD logo on it:
https://power-electronics.com/en

They come in many sizes, most of the ones we have around Oklahoma are 60kW, better than nothing, and the Bolt owners don't know any difference since they can only charge at 50kW anyway :(.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
This is just a normal PowerElectronics DCFC with a FORD logo on it:
https://power-electronics.com/en

They come in many sizes, most of the ones we have around Oklahoma are 60kW, better than nothing, and the Bolt owners don't know any difference since they can only charge at 50kW anyway :(.
What brand are these carrying in OK? Where are they installed? I look for and use Francis Energy through OK. Thankfully those were just added to the Ford network a couple of weeks back.

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Yes they are Francis. There are quite a few, after BTC support started sucking so bad. I have talked to the owner of Francis and they have vowed to not use BTC ever again. Unfortunately, there is no way to know from their app. What chargers are what brand.

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT Lightning
I will be passing through Appleton this weekend and it would be convenient to use this charger. Has anyone passed recently and noticed if it is operational yet. Plugshare does not list it currently.

I tired both emailing and calling the dealership, but no response. I gave up after 15 minutes on hold.

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
They've poured the pad for one at my dealer & are waiting for the transformer. That is if they haven't decided to back out of it. The Kansas Nevi plan has Emporia, Ks as one of the sites for chargers. The bid process deadline has come & gone. Not sure how that stands at the moment. I think I'd consider not putting one in if I had the dealership. I think the idea is a great one for dealers in a charger desert, but not as needed where there are other options.
We have Telsa Super chargers in town & will in the future have NEVI chargers.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT Lightning
I was able to get to a person on subsequent attempts, they station is installed but they are waiting on the power company to make the connection for them. It is not operational yet.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
I was able to get to a person on subsequent attempts, they station is installed but they are waiting on the power company to make the connection for them. It is not operational yet.
And your area of the state has way more than mine!

EA has 2 installs (Green Bay & Oak Creek) that broke ground ~9 months ago that appear ready to go live but still have not gone live! Ridiculously slow process.

the oak creek one would be my go to when going to Chicago. It’s in a great location. I’ve taken my wife’s ICE a few times now when flying out of Ohare but if the Oak creek one were open I’d feel a lot better doing it in my lightning.

Right now my hopes that DCFC improves in order of likelihood / expediency are….

1) Tesla adapter and/or magic docks.
2) Ford Model E efforts and other dealer / auto manufacturers DCFC efforts.
3 to 98) anything else
99) EA becoming somewhat competent
100) Government (Nevi) driven rollouts

IMG_2904.png
If anyone hears anything on this one let me know! Im traveling to Appleton in January from Omaha NE and Fast charging past Madison has me a bit worried considering the time of year and such. If it were up to me i would stay at the Holiday Inn on Cassaloma to charge overnight but work already booked rooms at the Double Tree. Hell after looking at this map maybe i should be more concerned about Iowa City to Madison.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT Lightning
I am not brave enough to drive the Dubuque - Madison stretch since it is a charging desert. Abetterrouteplaner does not have good options for that stretch in cold weather.
Sponsored