• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bogey928

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat ER delivered 6/3, MME GTPE, MME FE
Occupation
IT
I have received my Ford Charge Station Pro and I snapped some photos of it being unboxed and I created a .pdf of the install guide that came with it. I plan on doing the install tomorrow and will share how that goes when it's completed. The install guide came with a separate cover that supercedes the cover that is on the guide itself. You can see it explained in all caps on the bottom of the cover. I only included the corrected cover. The original cover that is on the guide has a sticker that contains the Charge Station ID, MAC address and Access Code to the charger so it will obviously be different for each charger. I included all the documentation that is in the box. Enjoy!

Edited to add a photo of the charger mount plate that was under all that foam packing.
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro Unboxing and Install Guide IMG_0298

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro Unboxing and Install Guide IMG_0301

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro Unboxing and Install Guide IMG_0302

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro Unboxing and Install Guide IMG_0303

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro Unboxing and Install Guide IMG_0304

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro Unboxing and Install Guide IMG_0305

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro Unboxing and Install Guide IMG_0307

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro Unboxing and Install Guide C206BAE6-46C7-4B9B-B8B6-99B7A02C46FC
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Maximum rated ambient temp is 113F. So not really usable in AZ. For comparison, Chargepoint is rated for 122 F.
That’s strange. How can they not know that?

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
That’s strange. How can they not know that?
I'm starting to question if Ford has really hired the best of the best for EV's. This latest Mach-E debacle....smh.... not sure what we will this with this Pro-Charger and home backup.

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, black/black
@bogey928 Looks like it took them about 1.5 weeks to confirm shipment of your CSP from delivery? That's so much better than I was expecting. May have to hold off temping in a 240v 40A outlet on my new 100A run...

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E (1st Edition), '09 Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
IT Architect
Maximum rated ambient temp is 113F. So not really usable in AZ. For comparison, Chargepoint is rated for 122 F.
If you're in AZ, you would probably want to use scheduled charging to charge in the middle of the night -- when temps are much cooler. This is better for battery pack life.

OP
OP
bogey928

bogey928

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
@bogey928 Looks like it took them about 1.5 weeks to confirm shipment of your CSP from delivery? That's so much better than I was expecting. May have to hold off temping in a 240v 40A outlet on my new 100A run...
I got the email asking me to confirm my address exactly one week to the day from delivery. Friday June 3 I took delivery, Friday June 10 I received the email. I confirmed my address within 5 minutes of getting said email and according to the FedEx tracking, the shipment information was sent to FedEx on June 10 at 5:05pm, but they did not pick it up until Monday June 13.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Thank you, OP. It's really nice to see exactly what is needed to get it hooked up.

2 hots, a ground and a 100A non-GFCI breaker.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
THANK YOU for posting this!!!

100lbs mount hardware required, damn!

AC rear or side entry for 1" conduit fitting or 1 3/8" hub, so would fit 1" threaded IMC, cool.

DC entry only on side, which assumes HIS located on same wall. Bad assumption. Will require junction box on exterior wall for me, bummer.

Very surprised it has WiFi capability?, but the amperage setting is manual. Expected more from Siemens.

OP
OP
bogey928

bogey928

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I’ll be humble in speaking for many members on this forum….thank you!
Thank you, OP. It's really nice to see exactly what is needed to get it hooked up.
THANK YOU for posting this!!!
I'm glad to be able to contribute and help some of the fine folks here. I have been lurking for a long time and this forum has helped me in many ways (even when it was just passing the time waiting for my truck.). Now it's my turn to give something back and I am happy to do it. 🍻

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
If you're in AZ, you would probably want to use scheduled charging to charge in the middle of the night -- when temps are much cooler. This is better for battery pack life.
When you say much cooler, the temperature drops 20-25F between 4 PM and 4 AM, that's a bit of a euphemism.

Today is not a super hot day. The air temp is only 100F outside of my house. The temp inside my garage is 112F. This is without any EVSE and car(s) heating up the place while charging. The temp in the garage doesn't drop as much as outside. On those days when the official temp reaches for 120F during the afternoon, I can expect the garage temp to be about 110F at the coolest time of the day (4 AM). It will be significantly higher, if I start charging at that point.

Frankly, I would rather Ford decoupled the FCSP from the price of the truck. I'd much rather use 40-48A EVSE, than woefully underspeced and overpriced 80A one.