• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Peter P

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Well, saw that coming from a mile away. Opening the superchargers on the tesla app means anyone can pull up and charge.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
How would you charge at the supercharger if your phone craps out? I hope Tesla network knows my truck (can access Ford info on me) for a plug and play kinda deal.

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How would you charge at the supercharger if your phone craps out? I hope Tesla network knows my truck (can access Ford info on me) for a plug and play kinda deal.
I believe this is what is taking so long. Ford is probably working on the back end for authorization and payment on their network.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance, Lightning Lariat Extended
After having used a Magic Dock at a Tesla station through the Tesla app, I’ll be happy to keep using their app. It was really easy and worked well.

If the adapters are actually ready, just ship ‘em out and let us use the Tesla app to activate while Fordpass works out the bugs lol

Sponsored

Fastnf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 lightning

According to the article you can also activate from the infotainment console in the truck

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
yes, the Tesla stations will operate for LIGHTNING owners just like any other station, thru the Ford Pass APP, thru the truck's onscreen APP, or via the station's own 'Tesla' APP... as well as many Tesla stations will start to be upgraded with a PAYMENT Swipe/tap option, right on the unit, itself, in the event NO app with work...

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Pro
I wonder what the price will be. With the magic dock through the Tesla app you have the option to buy a membership for a lower rate (0.36/kWh I think). I doubt if we'll have access to a similar rate if using FordPass...

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
.... Tesla stations will start to be upgraded with a PAYMENT Swipe/tap option, right on the unit, itself, in the event NO app with work...
Anything is possible, however in Tesla's 10 to 12 years of history, those SC's not activating and working is truly slim to none and while I don't have access to their numbers probably on the level of 99.99% activation and charging when just using their cars and their network. It just works. In fact, Tesla has no other way to activate other than plugging in. No app, no in car activation.

So yes in exchage for the govt money they have to shore up the chargers to work in ways previously not needed and sub par networks from the newbies. So when they don't work from your app, you'll know who is to blame.

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I wonder what the price will be. With the magic dock through the Tesla app you have the option to buy a membership for a lower rate (0.36/kWh I think). I doubt if we'll have access to a similar rate if using FordPass...
IDK if this is still the case, but isn’t Ford also a bank? They offer financing direct, etc right? If so I see this fitting right in as a commission per transaction on Teslas network for them like a credit card processor almost. If anything there might be a surcharge

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I hope Ford is able to incorporate membership pricing. But at this point, if it delays the rollout just do it without and eventually add it into Fordpass.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
IDK if this is still the case, but isn’t Ford also a bank? They offer financing direct, etc right? If so I see this fitting right in as a commission per transaction on Teslas network for them like a credit card processor almost. If anything there might be a surcharge
I am sure they both get a cut of revenue from every electron flowing into our battery packs. Remember Elon made X.com/Paypal. He knows his stuff.

jlferg0509

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Malibu; 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
This is my only concern with using the Ford Pass system. I currently pay for a subscription through two providers that provide me a lower rate and its worked well. I'd be more than willing to use the Ford Pass system IF I could get my subscription prices, other wise...

First Name
Jansen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Snow Removal, Landscaping
It could show up on Charge Assist as well.
Sponsored