• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I haven't used any public charging outside of the free kW we were given so the idle fees seem extremely high to me. I totally get the need for them but is $1/min common?
Rarely does anyone charge them. Love that they are $1 per minute. Wish they were higher, like $1 per minute for 10 minutes, then $10 a minute, then at 20 minutes $5,000 a minute and we drained all the juice from your car.

bmw325_num99

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Anything is possible, however in Tesla's 10 to 12 years of history, those SC's not activating and working is truly slim to none and while I don't have access to their numbers probably on the level of 99.99% activation and charging when just using their cars and their network. It just works. In fact, Tesla has no other way to activate other than plugging in. No app, no in car activation.

So yes in exchage for the govt money they have to shore up the chargers to work in ways previously not needed and sub par networks from the newbies. So when they don't work from your app, you'll know who is to blame.
Agree with you on historic Tesla app/charging reliability. But I have to point out that was with basically every car/user also being in the Tesla ecosystem...not cars from other OEMs which might reduce that reliability number a little. I hope not though!

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Agree with you on historic Tesla app/charging reliability. But I have to point out that was with basically every car/user also being in the Tesla ecosystem...not cars from other OEMs which might reduce that reliability number a little. I hope not though!
That's the big unknown. What happens when the masses descend upon Tesla SuperChargers. All those uncouth Ford and GM owners!

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I haven't used any public charging outside of the free kW we were given so the idle fees seem extremely high to me. I totally get the need for them but is $1/min common?
That is common and less than it should be. If a station is full and there are people waiting, there is no reason to be plugged in blocking a charger once your charge completes. You don't block a gas pump for long. Maybe long enough to pay or grab something inside a C Store. Just because you are charging and went to eat dinner, don't delay others just because you needed 30 minutes of charge and you chose to eat at a place that took an hour. Idle fees should be several times that $1, with 2 minutes grace time to get out and unplug perhaps.

Last edited:

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model 3, Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Dev
Well, saw that coming from a mile away. Opening the superchargers on the tesla app means anyone can pull up and charge.
what?

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Rarely does anyone charge them. Love that they are $1 per minute. Wish they were higher, like $1 per minute for 10 minutes, then $10 a minute, then at 20 minutes $5,000 a minute and we drained all the juice from your car.
I am thinking this may have the opposite effect; Shadow organizations will come out of wood works. They won't be transporting drugs, steeling catalytic converters or cars. They will be unofficial Tesla subcontractors whose only task will be slipping something in your drink at the burger joint while your EV is charging. When you come back to your senses, you have lost your house and your retirement savings.

Mark my words. If you see Tesla revenue rising while the sales going down, think twice before you take a sip of that drink.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am thinking this may have the opposite effect; Shadow organizations will come out of wood works. They won't be transporting drugs, steeling catalytic converters or cars. They will be unofficial Tesla subcontractors whose only task will be slipping something in your drink at the burger joint while your EV is charging. When you come back to your senses, you have lost your house and your retirement savings.

Mark my words. If you see Tesla revenue rising while the sales going down, think twice before you take a sip of that drink.
Given Musk's propensity to do drugs, coupled with the Teslarati drinking the Koolaid, I agree with you 100%.

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
NO, that is strictly an EA perk, that's why I would visit the Wrentham Mall after 9pm when they were shutting down.........
Based on your suggestion, I went to the Assembly Square EA chargers in Somerville MA early on Sunday AM and I was able to find an available charger. And because I had the FordPass app set to "Plug and Charge" for EA (as folks on this forum advised), I was able to simply plug it in and the App used my balance. (Thanks for the tip that it says "Welcome Driver" (vs. "Welcome My Name")) on the screen. Now that I know it works (and when it's not busy), I'll head over there on the odd SUnday mornings until I work down my EA balance. Bonus: I had brought my Lab with me -- he LOVES the Lightning -- and we took a nice walk while the Lightning charged.

Sponsored

Denbo

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Professor
So, when can I get the J1772 adapter from Ford to use the Tesla Supercharger?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Denbo

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Professor
Thanks for the correction. So, currently I have an adapter that I use on my home Tesla chargers for my Lightning, but it is only rated to handle 80 kw. Is there an CCS currently on the market I can purchase now that will handle superchargers? Spring can't come sooner.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the correction. So, currently I have an adapter that I use on my home Tesla chargers for my Lightning, but it is only rated to handle 80 kw. Is there an CCS currently on the market I can purchase now that will handle superchargers? Spring can't come sooner.
Yes, there are some adapters on the market.
No, you can't use any of them to charge on a Tesla SuperCharger yet.
You will be able to reserve a free adapter from Ford, that will then ship to you, at some point.
Sponsored