• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Lightning Lariat SR For Sale Possibily

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Maybe its just me but if im buying an 80k truck I dont think im super concerned about making a quick 5k.
That $80K truck will fetch over $20K above MSRP easily!

I just got a call from a Ford dealer asking if I want to pick up a Mach E that was cancelled by a customer order for $20K over MSRP.

I passed and said I'll wait for my ordered Mach E at MSRP.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I ordered a Lariat ER and would have preferred the Pro SR. The 240 mile range would have been enough and I would have been very happy. Now Iā€™m very happy that I even had a chance to order a Lightning, with 40 more K out of my bank account that is. ?

hellb0y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat / Kona Electric
Iā€™d list at $95k, pretty sure you will sell it quicklyā€¦.huge demand for these and people are desperate to get into one.

To work around the IRS rule, keep the truck for a ā€˜monthā€™ to prove you purchased it for ā€˜personal useā€™ and then flip it - it will prove to them (if and hugeeee if you get audited) you wanted to keep it but that it didnā€™t work for you.

Last edited:

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On Order: 2022 F150 Raptor, Atlas Blue, 801a, PP
Another option is to just forego buying the truck, seems like a ton of Hastle for minimal potential gainsā€¦.you would still have to pay tax, tags, reg, etc

Sponsored

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
Another option is to just forego buying the truck, seems like a ton of Hastle for minimal potential gainsā€¦.you would still have to pay tax, tags, reg, etc
Lol. What? The profit to work ratio is huge.

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
If you're in a low sales tax state, with it's own tax incentives, and you want to dodge audits/tax fraud... it sure is!

Lol. Or just pay the taxes you owe, don't claim, and still make a couple thousand for free on something you otherwise would let sit.

hellb0y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat / Kona Electric
pretty sure he could pull at least $10k out of a deal list this, definitely worth it.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The pandemic had an unfortunate side effect of creating scalpers for everything. Shoes, hand sanitizer, electronics, vehicles, etc. People saw that humanity was down on it's luck and the immediate reaction... take advantage of other people!

I won't even sell a sporting ticket for more than face value, or else I'd feel like a monster. Some people only care about looking out for #1.

Sponsored

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
It's a free country, or was, but it and the tremor, lots of people have two cars, the. If you have enough tax burden take the credit in the year put in service and sell whichever one you don't need. Sure some of us will hate on you, some will support and many won't care. We got our MachE about two months after our Murano Platinum as we weren't sure the wife would be good for 270 miles per charge. 15 months later, absolutely love the Mach E and a couple in Alabama love the, Murano we sold them. We do miss the Cooled seats of the Murano. You may very well find you keep the Lightning. Who knows. We love the MachE so much, 5 months ago we ordered a MachE GT.

bryan995

First Name
FranƧois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Also donā€™t forget to mark up for looming inflation.
Those with 23ā€™, 24ā€™ reservations are joking if they think ford wonā€™t adjust prices to pass that down the line.

25k AOM (additional owner mark up) then a 25% yoy inflation adjustment

$120,000

+15,000 immediate delivery option.

$135,000

Itā€™ll sell :)

Last edited:

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Trek CrossRip Elite
Keep in mind also that if you sell for a profit, you'll be paying capital gains tax on that, and in this case it would be short-term capital gains tax.
Paying taxes is a terrible reason to not make money. Do you sit at home on your hands because there's an income tax? Also, your taxes pay my salary, so keep it up šŸ‘

Has anyone else considered selling? I've been watching CaB, BaT, and eBay Motors, nothing has hit yet.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Has anyone else considered selling? I've been watching CaB, BaT, and eBay Motors, nothing has hit yet.
That's because no one has gotten one to sell.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Also donā€™t forget to mark up for looming inflation.
Those with 23ā€™, 24ā€™ reservations are joking if they think ford wonā€™t adjust prices to pass that down the line.

25k AOM (additional owner mark up) then a 25% yoy inflation adjustment

$120,000

+15,000 immediate delivery option.

$135,000

Itā€™ll sell :)
You forgot to add private seller commission. Owner selling fee. And a direct communication fee.

$150,000 easily.
Sponsored